• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

logo idea

Jillbeans

Wow. I wondered why you were so persistent.
That must have kept you pretty busy, going back & forth between two forums like that.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I'm working on variations, so I'll put some more up when they are done. Thanks for the feedback.
Umm btw, Jilly, suggested American Sans for my other logo on the other thread. You think that would work for this one? I don't own that font, so I'd have to purchase I think, but it looks like a good choice for this maybe.

So basically you didn't work on jack. Liar.

Joe Diaz

I can about guarantee that the majority of the people that pitched in on this thread and tried to help you, had they known the truth about what you were actually doing, wouldn't have chimed in. I think you owe those people a huge apology for wasting their time.

And I think you knew that if you told them that you were in reality asking them to help you judge a "contest" on a crowd sourcing site, they wouldn't have helped. I think that is why you lied.

I'm working on variations, so I'll put some more up when they are done.

OK, so here is a different concept. I am not sure why, but I really dig it. I keep working other concepts, but I seem to be drawn back to this one.

View attachment 74216

Hey Colin, this is a reworking of the other logo. I know it still uses Impact. I just don't own a similar font, so it is kind of a place holder til I can pick the right font.
View attachment 74218

Ok, so here is my latest working. Changed the fonts from the harsh style, simplified the icon and adjusted some other stuff.

I am working on one now, that looks like Jill's layout, but with the current graphic style I have. I'll post for comments when I am done.
View attachment 74344

You weren't designing these. These talented professionals weren't helping you develop as a designer. This whole thing was just a scam. What on earth were you thinking?

The crappy thing is, stuff like this and people like you are why so many on this site are so paranoid when it comes to helping others. How do we know the next guy that posts a design asking for help isn't pulling the same crap.

Sad.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I can about guarantee that the majority of the people that pitched in on this thread and tried to help you, had they known the truth about what you were actually doing, wouldn't have chimed in. I think you owe those people a huge apology for wasting their time.

And I think you knew that if you told them that you were in reality asking them to help you judge a "contest" on a crowd sourcing site, they wouldn't have helped. I think that is why you lied.

You weren't designing these. These talented professionals weren't helping you develop as a designer. This whole thing was just a scam. What on earth were you thinking?

The crappy thing is, stuff like this and people like you are why so many on this site are so paranoid when it comes to helping others. How do we know the next guy that posts a design asking for help isn't pulling the same crap.

Sad.

Sad indeed. He has only just cemented that people won't want to help him in the future. Memories are long things.

Vinylman

WOW!

What a piece of #*%& this guy jkdbjj is.

I just read through the last several pages of this thread, and until slipperyfrog outed this guy, I was starting to wonder what all the fuss was about.

Now having done a little further digging I see that the ONLY person on Signs 101 that has befriended this low life is Adtechia. Now isn't THAT a coincidence?

Seems the old adage " Birds of a feather, gather together" is appropriate, NO?

My final observation on this low life piece of cow droppings [jkdbjj], is to suggest to other members here to put jkdbjj on our ignore list so IT [jkdbjj] can be left swinging in the wind where IT belongs.:cool1:

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
The real fun part, since that is for the most part a direct logo from jills sketch, if she wanted, she can send him a cease and desist for using her intellectual property. :thumb: Got to love it when someone gives a sketch then pays someone else for the work ... good job on paying money for a logo you can't trademark because it's someones intellectual property ... better get to paying Jill for those rights there OP.

Jillbeans

I just won't help him anymore, that's all.
As has been said, I have a long memory too.
I totally agree with Joe Diaz, as always, for a youngin' he has a great way of writing and stating things in a fair way.
If he wasn't so damn talented, he would have made a great counselor or attorney.

Circleville Signs

Wow....So, basically, this guy's business model is as follows:

Sell a customer design services, for say, $300-500.

Go set up a contest and get LOTS of designers to do the actual work for free.

Pay $99 to one "lucky" designer, so that his jackas$ can pass the work off as his own.

Anyone else see MASSIVE ethical issues here?

Joe Diaz

Pay $99 to one "lucky" designer, so that his jackas$ can pass the work off as his own.
If he even decides to pay. I also wouldn't be surprised if the "winning" logo was submitted by himself, after receiving hundreds of concepts and ideas for free. This is a common practice on those crowd sourcing sites. In addition to that he got his free advice here on signs 101, which appears to have influenced that winning design. Hmmm....

It blows my mind why designers participate on crowd sourcing sites for people like this. In my opinion they kind of deserve to get played because they put themselves in that position. But it's bs that someone would come over here and scam our community too. :frustrated:

Circleville Signs

If he even decides to pay. I also wouldn't be surprised if the "winning" logo was submitted by himself, after receiving hundreds of concepts and ideas for free. This is a common practice on those crowd sourcing sites. In addition to that he got his free advice here on signs 101, which appears to have influenced that winning design. Hmmm....

It blows my mind why designers participate on crowd sourcing sites for people like this. In my opinion they kind of deserve to get played because they put themselves in that position. But it's bs that someone would come over here and scam our community too. :frustrated:

It never even crossed my mind that one could scam the crowdsourcing site like that by entering one's own design and collecting one's own money...

Wow.

Joe Diaz

It never even crossed my mind that one could scam the crowdsourcing site like that by entering one's own design and collecting one's own money...

Wow.

Apparently it happens all the time.

and since the winning design is so similar to Jill's concept, that could have happened here. But who knows. I have no proof that is how it went down. I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me if it did. And If it didn't I probably gave him a good idea. :doh::Big Laugh