• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

logo idea

jkdbjj

For chits & giggles.... may we see the one you had designed and don't like ?? Even if someone here designed it, it might have some potential and maybe could be fine-tuned a little, also.
You must think I am a glutton for punishment! I am reasonable comfortable that they have no potential.

But for Chits and Giggles here is another one. :D

v9.jpg

Moze

Precision Sign Services
What about making the right leg of the 'V' serve as the 'i'? Essentially one symbol serviing as both letters?

jkdbjj

What about making the right leg of the 'V' serve as the 'i'? Essentially one symbol serviing as both letters?
Tried several versions of that, just nothing stuck so far. At least with my design limits, it felt to gimmicky, I am sure someone like Dan or others could pull it off. thanks for the suggestion.

Marlene

the last version posted in post 42 is looking better. the round part has some "visual impact". what I was talking about is when you have a company that tells you the "feeling" you will have and what to expect, that feeling needs to be there. you are saying to people "visual impact" so they expect to see that. if you were "Joe's Signs" it would be different as there is no expectations from the wording. if you were "Speedy" or "Fast" signs, people expect to see speed and not some fussy, girly looking font. does that help any?

One thing I am learning is pride can't be too much a factor here, cause I got stuck on this design, and then I feel like I need to go back to the drawing board after reading reviews. Very frustrating.

you have to remember that we aren't looking at it the same as you are. you have a lot of eyes on it here that are looking at it from a purely technical point a view with no emotional connections to it. the hardest thing to do is to design for yourself. you would think it would make it so much easier, but it doesn't because it can be hard to separate yourself from it and see it the way you would approach any other design.

jkdbjj

the last version posted in post 42 is looking better. the round part has some "visual impact". what I was talking about is when you have a company that tells you the "feeling" you will have and what to expect, that feeling needs to be there. you are saying to people "visual impact" so they expect to see that. if you were "Joe's Signs" it would be different as there is no expectations from the wording. if you were "Speedy" or "Fast" signs, people expect to see speed and not some fussy, girly looking font. does that help any?

you have to remember that we aren't looking at it the same as you are. you have a lot of eyes on it here that are looking at it from a purely technical point a view with no emotional connections to it. the hardest thing to do is to design for yourself. you would think it would make it so much easier, but it doesn't because it can be hard to separate yourself from it and see it the way you would approach any other design.

Thanks Marlene that does help. So, maybe less harsh font, lose the vertical line, and make sure the circle is more appealing somehow.
I can work on that.

Marlene

So, maybe less harsh font

it doesn't look so bad with the last version you posted. I'd go in and mess with it some to see if tweaking the font would make it look better. try closing the gap in the "a", put some slight curved corners on the edges of the letters, clip off the lower case "i" and move the dot down to line up with the tops of the other letters, stuff like that. none of that may look good at all but I like to find a font I almost like and then mess with it until it looks more like what I want. try it for the heck of it.

jkdbjj

Can I get a favorite choice on these icons? Critique is fine, but please choose one, unless you just can't cause they are all bad.

Thanks.

vl.jpg

Moze

Precision Sign Services
I like number four. I think it would look cool if you 'dotted the i' so the orange shows through.

On some of the others, I don't like that the stroke width of the 'i' (which represents 'impact') is thinner than the 'V'. It seems like it minimizes it rather than denotes impact.

lexsigns

I like number four. I think it would look cool if you 'dotted the i' so the orange shows through.

On some of the others, I don't like that the stroke width of the 'i' (which represents 'impact') is thinner than the 'V'. It seems like it minimizes it rather than denotes impact.

agree

Pat Whatley

Going off your last round of ideas why not expand the "V" into a check mark coming out of the circle with the "I" following along the right side of the check mark?

Just a thought and it may not work but it might be worth looking at.

Here's your "crayola marker on the back of a pizza box" 30 second sketch....

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 112

qmr55

As it is, I am just stuck, brain block. Do you have some tweaks in mind, or just in general you were mentioning something is off?

I would first try getting rid of the orange outline on the outside of number 1. And for number 6 I really like the style but try using the "Vi" from number 1 and see how it looks.

Or for number 6 try to make both sides of the Vi touch the perimeter of the circle.

I would weed 3 and 4 out of the equation because they are difficult to read but 2 and 5 could be worked on as well but the i might be too small!

Just some suggestions but I think it's coming along great!

Jillbeans

For icons I would choose 5 if forced, but make the I dot a circle.
I really like Pat's pizza box suggestion because it looks organic and creative.
I still think you need to work on the font choice.
I totally agree with Marlene about them.
Using the same font for both words makes them read the same.
Like Dan suggested, even using different weights of the same font would be better.
Here's a 30 second highlighter on scrap paper suggestion because I don't have a crayon or a pizza box. I prefer Pat's icon though, mine is kind of jacked up.

Attachments

• vi.jpg
    vi.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 115