• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

logo idea

jkdbjj

Jill what about the placement of signs graphics. On yours it spans much wider under everything and I kept it under impact. Thoughts on that one way or the other?

Jillbeans

Just put it underneath. Mine is spaced that way to suit my drawing.
I would make it in blue though.
And I am not the design guru here, you have been given loads of good advice from folks way more knowledgeable than myself.

jkdbjj

Just put it underneath. Mine is spaced that way to suit my drawing.
I would make it in blue though.
And I am not the design guru here, you have been given loads of good advice from folks way more knowledgeable than myself.
i didn't mean to bug you. I am a visual person, and your suggestions were easy to digest.

I've tried to do what others said on each revision also.

Thanks everyone.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
You feel the word visual needs a dot on the I? Just wondering if it bothers you.

I didn't notice it missing until you mentioned it, but in my opinion, yes, I think it should be dotted to keep with the lower-case theme.

I agree with Jill, it doesn't need the ampersand. Maybe a dot (•) the same color as the "signs" and "graphics" text placed in the descender of the 'p'....? Maybe nothing?

Marlene

I like the top one.
I would eliminate the ampersand.

yep, get rid of it and just let the descender do the work. nice job re-working the logo, the last version looks really good

jkdbjj

Thanks Marlene.
I'll still be tweaking it and messing with it, but I am pretty settled on the direction. I might try the blue tagline suggested by Jill.

Here it is with the dot over the i in visual, so for a day or two, I am just not going to look at it anymore. I'm sure the forum will be grateful to that as well ;)

vilogo.jpg

SignManiac

I think it's too small. I'm old and visually impaired so if you could save it larger I might be able to offer an opinion too :)

Marlene

I really love the last version you posted! the "vi" looks really cool and it sure has the impact that I was looking for. the font choice is nice. the colors are also nice in that this will work in black & white and you can update it in the future with a quick color change.

ucmj22

I liked the icon much better in post 63. if you combined that with a custom typeface like TyrantDesigner showed i think you would have a winner. I am not a fan of the checkmark at all, but thats just me.

1/2-4CR3

Things that the world needs more of:

1) Gradients, please we need more gradients in logos. Logos don't "Pop" if they ain't got a gradient in them. Am I right?

2) Puppy kicking. You people don't do enough of it.

3) Midget growth hormones. I'm tired of looking down on them.

4) Gradients in logos.

5) Checkmarks that make no sense.

Nothing about a checkmark has visual impact to it.

jkdbjj

Things that the world needs more of:

1) Gradients, please we need more gradients in logos. Logos don't "Pop" if they ain't got a gradient in them. Am I right?

2) Puppy kicking. You people don't do enough of it.

3) Midget growth hormones. I'm tired of looking down on them.

4) Gradients in logos.

5) Checkmarks that make no sense.

Nothing about a checkmark has visual impact to it.
Ah, the ever useful, useless rant. Gee thanks :Sleeping:

Check mark is ok, but it is a v and an i. And you know what they say about opinions?

jkdbjj

I really love the last version you posted! the "vi" looks really cool and it sure has the impact that I was looking for. the font choice is nice. the colors are also nice in that this will work in black & white and you can update it in the future with a quick color change.
Thanks, I know it isn't perfect, but I am on a shoe string budget, and it will serve my interests for now.

I liked the icon much better in post 63. if you combined that with a custom typeface like TyrantDesigner showed i think you would have a winner. I am not a fan of the checkmark at all, but thats just me.
I appreciate the feedback. I thought Tyrant's mock was atrocious, no offense to him. I asked him to show me a website or his portfolio, but got no response. I wanted to see elements of good logos he created, so I could understand better.
The drawing he presented, was simply unbearable. I realize it took him 2 minutes or whatever, and I realize he loves to preach sketching. Can't say I disagree with him.
Jill stepped in with some good direction, and I have thanked her.
Tyrant, pointed out some areas the fonts could be more consistent, and that was helpful. In the end, we like what we like. And the one I chose didn't do it for everyone, Que Sera, Sera.