• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

logo idea

SD&F

I think that you are moving forard very well. I like the last one and I like the world behind the one before that. I think the fon needs to be changed. Just my opinion and there are better minds on the forum for assistance for designing than myself.

jkdbjj

I think that you are moving forard very well. I like the last one and I like the world behind the one before that. I think the fon needs to be changed. Just my opinion and there are better minds on the forum for assistance for designing than myself.
Sarah, and I might just change the fonts. I just never realized how expensive fonts are. The overall layout I like though, but I may tweak it here or there, like Jill suggested playing with the i dot and so forth.

Thanks for the feedback.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Thanks, I know it isn't perfect, but I am on a shoe string budget, and it will serve my interests for now.

I appreciate the feedback. I thought Tyrant's mock was atrocious, no offense to him. I asked him to show me a website or his portfolio, but got no response. I wanted to see elements of good logos he created, so I could understand better.
The drawing he presented, was simply unbearable. I realize it took him 2 minutes or whatever, and I realize he loves to preach sketching. Can't say I disagree with him.
Jill stepped in with some good direction, and I have thanked her.
Tyrant, pointed out some areas the fonts could be more consistent, and that was helpful. In the end, we like what we like. And the one I chose didn't do it for everyone, Que Sera, Sera.

yup, not going to overly waste time on something that i'm not being paid for, as for my portfolio, come into my shop some time and ask. Seeing as my designs don't hit the web and I don't require someones approval for design work ... if I ever have time to make a website, i will make one ... as it is ... not going to waste my time on people just looking for ideas. As I stated, 2 minutes and some change ... if you would like a complete vectorized and cohesively designed typeface to go with your logo, my rate is $75/hour and I will be happy to take a deposit right now and you will get an actual technical sketch, not something I did with a sharpy while taking a break from other peoples paid design work.

and just to get this across, the idea of sketching is not for a finished idea, but a direction to head. you weed out bad ideas. if you use someone elses sketch, you are not weeding out your own bad ideas, just using someones half thought. that is why i preach sketching.

jkdbjj

yup, not going to overly waste time on something that i'm not being paid for, as for my portfolio, come into my shop some time and ask. Seeing as my designs don't hit the web and I don't require someones approval for design work ... if I ever have time to make a website, i will make one ... as it is ... not going to waste my time on people just looking for ideas. As I stated, 2 minutes and some change ... if you would like a complete vectorized and cohesively designed typeface to go with your logo, my rate is $75/hour and I will be happy to take a deposit right now and you will get an actual technical sketch, not something I did with a sharpy while taking a break from other peoples paid design work.

and just to get this across, the idea of sketching is not for a finished idea, but a direction to head. you weed out bad ideas. if you use someone elses sketch, you are not weeding out your own bad ideas, just using someones half thought. that is why i preach sketching.
Tyrant, I know man, I know that sketches are the place to start. I did sketch. No worries on that. I was just picking at ya, cause you beat that drum so much. Anyway, as I said, you gave me some useful feedback and I tried to use it. As did others.

I was interested in your portfolio, because it often times helps to see what polished logos look like so others can learn. I mean I look online at logo award websites, and learn from observation there too, but since you were commenting a bunch, it would help me a visual learner by observing some work you consider polished.

Thanks again.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Tyrant, I know man, I know that sketches are the place to start. I did sketch. No worries on that. I was just picking at ya, cause you beat that drum so much. Anyway, as I said, you gave me some useful feedback and I tried to use it. As did others.

I was interested in your portfolio, because it often times helps to see what polished logos look like so others can learn. I mean I look online at logo award websites, and learn from observation there too, but since you were commenting a bunch, it would help me a visual learner by observing some work you consider polished.

Thanks again.

Tell you what, I'm working on a tutorial for a friend on how to do a car club logo (I sympathize with the college students out there ... they don't learn crud in 4 years only how to use software and learn techniques 20 years old.) ... I'll post it up here when I'm done.

And I realize you were poking at me :noway: I guess I'm just turning into a grumpy old man.

HulkSmash

Tyrant, I know man, I know that sketches are the place to start. I did sketch. No worries on that. I was just picking at ya, cause you beat that drum so much.

Sounds like a great way to show appreciation to the people who gave their time to help.

jkdbjj

Sounds like a great way to show appreciation to the people who gave their time to help.

Your a pain in the butt anyway mr Colorado, so I could care less what you think. Hope you can appreciate that.

Me and tyrant are cool, too bad you're not.

HulkSmash

Your a pain in the butt anyway mr Colorado, so I could care less what you think. Hope you can appreciate that.

Me and tyrant are cool, too bad you're not.

not cool with someone I've never met, or care to meet.
Someone who's been here like 3 weeks

My heart is torn.

jkdbjj

not cool with someone I've never met, or care to meet.
Someone who's been here like 3 weeks

My heart is torn.
Do you often feel the need to speak for other people? Last time I checked Tyrant was big enough and actually did speak up for himself.
I also did plenty of thanking and gave appreciation to those who deserved it. So **** off.

HulkSmash

Do you often feel the need to speak for other people? Last time I checked Tyrant was big enough and actually did speak up for himself.
I also did plenty of thanking and gave appreciation to those who deserved it. So **** off.

you mad or something bro? I just dislike ungrateful people. That's all. It's ok man, you'll feel better soon

jkdbjj

you mad or something bro? I just dislike ungrateful people. That's all. It's ok man, you'll feel better soon
You dislike ungrateful people? Well that's great, thanks for sharing. What the F does that have to do with me. Tyrant and I are cool, and here you come stirring crap up. Go wrap a truck or something k?

No one is mad here (bro), but don't start something where there is nothing. You dislike ungrateful people. Guess what I dislike, people who like to start crap.

HulkSmash

You dislike ungrateful people? Well that's great, thanks for sharing. What the F does that have to do with me. Tyrant and I are cool, and here you come stirring crap up. Go wrap a truck or something k?

No one is mad here (bro), but don't start something where there is nothing. You dislike ungrateful people. Guess what I dislike, people who like to start crap.

So, i started something by saying be thankful for what people have done.
You must live off of life long drama if that stirred your pot.

take a breather

jkdbjj

So, i started something by saying be thankful for what people have done.
You must live off of life long drama if that stirred your pot.

take a breather
Dude are you really that stupid?

You post a quote that isn't even yours. Complain I am not "grateful" enough, when I have been very grateful through this thread with the exception of joking with Tyrant (of which was already pointed out).

Then you back peddle when I say something. At least be a man about your position.

HulkSmash

Dude are you really that stupid?

You post a quote that isn't even yours. Complain I am not "grateful" enough, when I have been very grateful through this thread with the exception of joking with Tyrant (of which was already pointed out).

Then you back peddle when I say something. At least be a man about your position.

I said i dislike ungrateful people. If the shoe fits..

in any case good luck with the logos you're doing.

jkdbjj

I said i dislike ungrateful people. If the shoe fits..

in any case good luck with the logos you're doing.
So you like to hijack threads then, is that it? What is your deal man? So again, you reiterate, you dislike ungrateful people. How is that relevant to this thread? Please ask Tyrant if he feels disrespected, or if I wasn't grateful?

Next time think before you open your mouth I guess. My shoe can fit a lot of places. K?