• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Losing Weight.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Could always have Graves Disease (hyperthyroidism). I've lost 20lbs in a few months and ate everything in sight. So they gave me this radioactive iodine to kill my thyroid. Had to stay isolated from peaople and pets for 3 days. The weight might try to come back but I plan to head if off.
Could it be the things we do in your off time. For one I don't play video games and my phone stays on charge most of the weekends, I can't sit still more than 15min. I see everything as natural exercise. Sweep, mop, laundry, wash cars, trim the hedges/trees, mow, work on the cars, wash cars, vacuum cars, change light bulbs, get another part time job, and I run/work out on weekend mornings.
I decided if I can't control my meals I'd just work out more. Literally work out, as in outdoors, in the 100deg heat and 100% humidity
Keep yourself busy and you won't have time to eat.

bannertime

But if you want to lose weight, stop eating so much and work out. You have never seen a fat person in those photos of the people in consecration camps, do not think they did any calorie counting and would have devoured gluten food.

That's exactly what calorie counting is about; managing what you eat and knowing how much to work out. Calorie counting allows you to tune your caloric deficit. If you know how many calories you took in and you know what your daily requirements are, then you can safely determine how much exercise you need to be at a deficit. You can even lose weight by only eating Twinkies and exercising.

Even though you comment is in poor taste, those people were at a caloric deficit. Also, gluten won't harm you, unless it will, and those people know to avoid it already.

equippaint

Every sunday i pre-make 5 salads, grilled chicken for it and 5 breakfasts of eggwhites, cheese and a piece of sausage. It keeps me from getting too busy and starving to where i hit a drive through. Same with breakfast, no bread or crap from being in a rush.
Dropped soda, only drink water, bubly flavored carbonated water, unsweet tea and some beer (after 5 of course)
I was borderline high blood pressure on my last dot physical so figured its time. The inconvenience of having to get a new med card every 6 mos vs 2 years did it. They suspend your CDL in florida now when it expires. Big pita

ChicagoGraphics

Paleo worked great for me when living in the states but now living in China its almost impossible to do, everything is cooked in oil here and who knows what type it is, but the food taste great, i cut out all my grains and try to find the best meats i can find plus goto the gym daily.

FrankW

Had more than one year nutricional advice and have lost 17 lbs, than gastric bypass surgery ... have lost more than 110 lbs in 9 months.

Marlene

Look into the Keto Diet!

I've been keto for a year. It not only works for weight loss, it helps with a ton of other issues. I was on meds for GERD and now only take a pill every now and then when needed. My migraines are a lot better too. I love it and it's easy to do.

clarizeyale

A friend has been doing Keto diet on and off for the past year or so and I definitely see a difference in his weight.

I noticed I was getting a little chunky and need to exercise a bit more. BF got me a fitbit to keep track of my steps and exercise and I keep track of my meals via My Fitness Planner.. Kind of calorie counting but moreso keeping track that I've eaten, drank enough water, and not to over eat.

On the weekdays, I walk enough around the shop but sometimes a walk around the neighborhood. On weekends, I take a stretch and restore class to release any tension from the week and to regain flexibility as well as a ballet class to work on that tush.

Don't need to give up bread/grains... I just don't drink soda and stick with water... fruits, veggies, fish, and meat. I LOVE food so I can't give a lot up but I try to choose "healthier" options and stray away from junk food.

clarizeyale

bump bump.

The BF suggested we start making Bento Boxes for lunch. Have you guys ever considered this? The goal of the bento box is to have set meals that look appealing but at the same time, it can help with "calorie counting". I think the objective is to make sure you have controlled portions of your carbs, protein, veggies, etc.

Your food doesn't have to be Japanese either... or cute.. but it's nice too look at food that doesn't look like goop.

we've been reading about this on justbento.com and a friend of mine makes quick and simple recipes on brokeandcooking.com. hoping to combine these (and more) to make some yummy, healthy, and filling bento boxes.

I hope this helps you (even just a little) on your goals to losing weight :)

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
bump bump.

The BF suggested we start making Bento Boxes for lunch. Have you guys ever considered this? The goal of the bento box is to have set meals that look appealing but at the same time, it can help with "calorie counting". I think the objective is to make sure you have controlled portions of your carbs, protein, veggies, etc.

Your food doesn't have to be Japanese either... or cute.. but it's nice too look at food that doesn't look like goop.

we've been reading about this on justbento.com and a friend of mine makes quick and simple recipes on brokeandcooking.com. hoping to combine these (and more) to make some yummy, healthy, and filling bento boxes.

I hope this helps you (even just a little) on your goals to losing weight :)

I love bento boxes.:) I got some "tupperware" bento boxes from amazon and fill them with fruit & veggies for lunch. It is more appealing to have a bunch of different food, and much cheaper then getting those fruit trays from grocery store. The bentos at sushi places are very unhealthy.

Pitzu

Look for Dr. Robert H. Lustig. He has a video called Sugar:The Bitter Truth. He has some good points in there, if you watch the video till the end.
A more recent video is "Sweet Revenge Turning the Tables on Processed Food" that is a more polished version of the above.

Last edited:

Pitzu

That's great!

I recently got brought into the Soylent lifestyle. I did it for a few months. Was nice for me because I'm so tired to trying to figure out what to eat. Just tired of eating in general really.

For a second you've reminded me of a movie called Soylent Green starring Charlton Heston :D
Those guys were on a diet, no question about it :D

Last edited:

decalman

The keto is a fad...lIke the hula hoop. It'll pass when they reveal, that it's a high acid , cancerous diet of death. Animal products are toxic. Natural whole foods. Raw and simple, gets you to good health. I been a vegetarian 10 years. I'm 60 now, and haven't even been to a doctor in 10 years. It wouldn't hurt to have a check up..

Good food makes good blood. Bad food, makes bad blood.

bannertime

For a second you've reminded me of a movie called Soylent Green starring Charlton Heston :D
Those guys were on a diet, no question about it :D

Yeah, that's a running joke in the Soylent community. They were well aware of the name similarity. I assure you this Soylent isn't made from people. There are many other "nutritionally complete foods" like Huel and Joylent. It's a unique culture. It's supposed to be out efficiency, health, maintainability with low waste.

Pat Whatley

The keto is a fad...lIke the hula hoop. It'll pass when they reveal, that it's a high acid , cancerous diet of death. Animal products are toxic.
Yet 50 YEARS of research has yet to show that. Cultures that thrive on diets of almost nothing but meat have almost no history of cancer or heart disease. You want to find a direct correlation between diet and cancer look at processed meats and corn syrup.