Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion Losing Weight.

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by The Big Squeegee, Jun 24, 2018.

1. SignMeUpGraphics

SignMeUpGraphics Moderator

Apr 11, 2012
    Australia
    Yeah, it's because that post is full of falsehoods which are refutable with 5 minutes of research... Keto has been shown to decrease cancer cells and was used many years ago as a way of managing epilepsy. It fell out of fashion once manufactured medicines became more prevalent.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4215472/

2. equippaint

equippaint Very Active Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Florida
    The lead manufacturers 60 years ago also showed through their research that lead was safe in paint, gas etc. DuPont didn't agree that CFCs harmed the atmosphere either.
    There are no civilizations that thrive on meat, if any were considered theyd be tribes who have under than average life spans. They typically dont live long enough to deal with cancers and heart disease in any scale. The counter is the Japanese, they dont eat much meat and overall health is better.
    I agree in principal with processed foods but there has been no correlation of increased disease found with consumption. On a strictly statistical basis, one could argue that life expectancy has increased with the increased use of preservatives in foods. Corn syrup is bad, its overused, but its more associated with obesity and diabetes but in moderation there arent issues with it. Like everything in life, it comes down to personal responsibility. .
    Another counter argument is that cancer risk increases with age and people live longer now than 50 years ago so cancer cases will rise. As will heart disease.

3. decalman

decalman Active Member

Sep 2, 2012
    phoenix
    Your statement is 100% false. Meat does cause cancer heart disease and diabetes 100 different ways. Meat raises the acid in the body, which causes tumor's and cancer. It's an abomination. Multiple research studies prove this, hands down.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jun Lanon

Jun Lanon New Member

Oct 9, 2018
    California
    Lost 30 lbs in 30 days. No extra effort, just 30 minute exercise routine I created and still all you can eat thing. Learning and understanding how your body work is essential to healthy living. Diets don't work. Physical trainer and Martial arts instructor for 30 years.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. decalman

decalman Active Member

Sep 2, 2012
    phoenix
    I'm so proud of you.
    I became a vegan 10 years ago and lost 55 lbs. Being vegan is better than people think. Sick people all over, but so far.... but so far, not me

• Like Like x 1
  6. anne zoomsub

anne zoomsub New Member

Aug 28, 2018
    Guangzhou
    I tried to lose weight by eating little at night and do excises, the effect is good, also don't influence health.:)

7. DerbyCitySignGuy

DerbyCitySignGuy Active Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Kentucky
    Nobody wants to hear this, but this is the gospel. You can lose weight on a diet, but you'll never keep weight off on a diet. You'll likely get fatter than when you started.

The best way to lose body fat is to add muscle mass. HIIT works. Add muscle mass, get cardio at the same time.

8. Brandon708

Brandon708 Very Active Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Orland Park, IL
    Thats what I've been doing basically with the Keto diet. I've lost about 35 pounds.

9. d fleming

d fleming Very Active Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Middleburg, Florida
    Wife has us on the fast metabolism diet. It's a book her cousin used and had success with. Yesterday and today are meat and veggie days. Tomorrow we get to add fat. Lost almost 40 pounds since Jan cheating the whole way. Laid off it for a minute, now back at it. Want to lose another 30 and I'm good.

10. flyplainsdrifta

flyplainsdrifta Member

Oct 13, 2017
    ct
    I've lost 40 pounds in 2 years because of running 6 printers at the same time. no eating change. could it be a tape worm? thats what my girl seems to think considering she's been dieting for a year.

11. petepaz

petepaz Major Contributor

Feb 14, 2007
    NJ/NY/PA
    calories in and calories out...bottom line. the best diet to use is the one you will follow. most diets are good if you follow them. here is the thing, once you diet and lose the weight you need to eat healthy. you don't have to be on a diet your whole life, everything in moderation. you can still have pizza or ice cream or soda just not every day.
    eat healthy and exercise you will have less dr. visits and live long enough to be around when social security runs out...haha
    i see so many people use a diet to lose weight and then go back to the bad habits. it may not be easy but once you get things in order and do it a while it becomes instinctive not hard.