• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Luma brite

copythat

Nice stuff talked with them in Vegas

The only problem I have is it's cost. You have to buy into their system. Several thousand to become a dealer. They do provide training on how to sell the product.

So after you are trained, you send them the artwork & they prepare it for you. And you are billed on top of that. I feel if they cut out this pay-to-sell our product concept, they will have greater sales! JMO

MikePro

i can order El Wire off the internet, and use doming epoxy to mount it to vehicle wraps... so why do I need to pay them thousands of dollars a year?
o, and the stuff has a half-life of ~6months... even if they're not running them fulltime, lets just say a YEAR later I can expect customers to wonder why their wraps look like day-old glowsticks?
i'll pass on marketing it, but I might just do it on my own car for shits... and if a client wants one, i'll have to be brutally honest about what they're going to expect and that's no sales pitch worth 6k/year.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
We're a certified Luma Brite partner. Went down for training in April. As long as this stuff is kept clean and fairly simple looking then it looks awesome. We've received great response and attention from the product and outfitted a fleet for a designated driving company here in Ontario Canada. Matt black vinyl wrap with white lighting:rock-n-roll:

You can see the video we made briefly here -->

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFnZYKNOSWU

We're going to be launching a large marketing campaign for this stuff over the next couple months.

www.intelyte.com

Pretty sure it's illegal to drive with it flashing like that. And won't suprise me if they ban it from being on at all while driving in every metropolitan city. This day and age...what's to stop someone from suing me for having an accident while my "shocking" lit graphics drove by them? Yes..it's a great idea. But for the financial commitment...it still has the risk factor attached to it.

os101king

New Jersey Law

39:3-52. Additional lighting equipment

Any motor vehicle may be equipped with not more than two side cowl or fender lamps which shall emit a white or yellow light without glare. Any motor vehicle may be equipped with not more than one running board courtesy lamp on each side thereof which shall emit a white or yellow light without glare. Any motor vehicle may be equipped with a back-up lamp either separately or in combination with another lamp; except that no such back-up lamp shall be continuously lighted when the motor vehicle is in forward motion.

They're illegal, plain and simple in Jersey. Anything that does or CAN flash is illegal. Also the colors of anything you DO put on are regulated, white/yellow/amber at front or on sides near front and red at rear or on sides near rear.

The Phranc

I installed blue EL sheeting above my shower. I wonder how different this stuff is. I'll bet you can adopt that to work like this stuff does.

shakey0818

Everyone seems to be complaining about the price.I think the price has nothing to do with it i just think it's those inability to see the potential of this and their lack of marketing skills.I think some major companies would like to be the 1st to use it provided you have a good marketing plan.I can think of at least 10 people on this forum who i think have the experience and personality to take this product and run with it.Remember the same things were said about the Gerber Edge and i bet many of the first few people who jumped on the band wagon were very happy they did.Possibilities of this product are endless,corporate,ADA,stores who want to stand out,small pizza delivery signs,energy drinks,motor-x,race cars,many many things you just gotta dream and make it happen instead of putting it down,you may just be left in the dust.Evolution of the sign man has proven this year after.

CheapVehicleWrap

Well, left in the dust I shall be. The only thing worse that paying 10k to test market someone else's dream although cool, but questionable is beta testing Microsofts bugs for nearly 3 decades for free.

I have seen the product in person and installed on their demo vehicle... It's cool at night, but during the day it pretty much looks like there are a lot of screw up in the wrap.

If you really want to do it you can purchase all the products over the internet on your own. No need to go through them. As for as I know that don't manufacture anything just package stuff from other industries and sell it to you for re-purposing. I'm sure many of you in your mid to early 30's, like me, remember the Electro Luminescent rope that auto part stores used to sell to light up the dashboards in import cars... Yeah.. Same stuff... lol

If your looking for ways to make your wraps stand out more at night play around with printable reflective film. You can get some crazy effects with it and it will glow like a t.v. with traffic around and lights shining. I've seen alot of it overseas, but not so much in the U.S.

The Phranc

They make printable EL sheets or you can print on a clear vinyl then over lay it on the spliced EL sheet. I'm sure you can get a dedicated EL speller circuit if not an LED one wouldn't be to hard to make work. An A4 sized sheet is about $60.

Media_Matters

Luma Brite does have a great product, but specializes in the wire panels. I have found that most people would prefer to buy the flat panel design (considering they're the same cost). The issue with them specializing in the wire panel (E.L. wire and resin), is that they have failed to deliver the flat panel product (like the face on the s.u.v.) on time. I waited over 5 months to receive customer's orders and have lost large accounts, such as the Ultimate Fighter on Spike.tv and others. Since then, I have discovered that Luma Brite has a pending patent on the wire panels (due to the process the use to create it),so I have aquired my own manufacturer for the E.L. Flat Panel. The manufacture has been able to supply the product to me on time. If you are interested in selling the E.L. flat panel, feel free to email me.

Farmboy

I was just made aware of this product yesterday (Luma Brite) at our state fair. Voss Signs had it on display at their booth. Looked very cool. I see some other post above about EL Sheets and did some searches on them. Both look to have their place.

MikePro

Luma Brite has been pending patent since I talked with them at the ISA show in 2009... I wonder if they'll ever be granted the rights, considering the stuff is being mass produced in Asia as we speak.

cha88

i talked to a luma brite dealer today and they said that luma brite was having trouble with their products and nothing would be available till january as they are totally redesigning their product...? anybody else hear anything like this?

CentralSigns

Sucks for all the distributors that have to sell 2000 a month to keep their distributorships. Oh and $5000 in the first month if I remember right

bshatch

I have talked to 4 different Luma Brite dealers out there and they are all saying that they can not get a hold of anyone at the company. I tried to call and all i get is the voice mail system.

Last edited by a moderator: