• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Falcon Outdoor Banding Problem

daenterpri

I tried just about everything I could think of this morning and could not get ink to stay in that black damper. I tried sucking the ink from the cartridge too the damper to get air out and also sucked from the end of the damper. Sometimes I would get splurts of ink in the damper, but nothing substantial and nothing that would stay for long. Does that sound like a damper issue?

sfr table hockey

The damper should hold ink in the line as well as in the damper. There would need to be a major draw coming from the cart to cause the damper to empty back into the cart.

Not for sure on how easy it is for you to get a syringe, remove the brass nut on the damper that holds the main ink line in place, and hook the syringe with a bit of tube onto that line direct. You will notice the ink will go back to the cart as soon as you remove the brass nut from the damper. Draw with the syringe just until the ink arrives about 1/4 inch from the syringe connection. Watch that 1/4" gap and see if it goes back to the cart. If it does then there is an air leak somewhere in that line and it may be right where the cart connects.

If it holds (which it should) then you know the leak is either the damper or the connection with the brass nut. Is there an oring on the line inside the brass nut?

It looks like in the photo that the line that goes to the damper is a steel line not the tubing that run the rest of the way to the carts?

Can you see the other point where the tube hooks to the steel line? Again can't tell from the photos.

Did you try sucking ink from the steel line that feeds the damper. It's a bit of a pain because the lines are so small but I just had to do that to get air out of my lines.

daenterpri

Did you try sucking ink from the steel line that feeds the damper. It's a bit of a pain because the lines are so small but I just had to do that to get air out of my lines.

Ya, I did that this morning as well :( The problem seems to be that damper? But it's such a small simple part, I don't see how it could have that problem.

daenterpri

If it holds (which it should) then you know the leak is either the damper or the connection with the brass nut. Is there an oring on the line inside the brass nut?

It looks like in the photo that the line that goes to the damper is a steel line not the tubing that run the rest of the way to the carts?

Can you see the other point where the tube hooks to the steel line? Again can't tell from the photos.

Thanks for your advice! There is an o-ring on the inside of the brass nut. I can see where the steel line connects to the plastic tubing. There appears to be ink in there since I sucked it from the steel line that does into the damper... I think.

daenterpri

Looks like all the black ink retreated back into the cartridge. Does that mean the damper is toast? I have a new damper coming tomorrow.

randya

If the black cart has plenty of ink in it, then I would suspect the that ink is being pushed back into the cart, this could be the pump.
If it is empty, you may pull some ink out, create a vacuum in the cart and then when released it is pulled back into the cart.

daenterpri

If the black cart has plenty of ink in it, then I would suspect the that ink is being pushed back into the cart, this could be the pump.
If it is empty, you may pull some ink out, create a vacuum in the cart and then when released it is pulled back into the cart.

It has a brand new pump in it. Could the pump be the issue if this was happening to a single color?

Thanks!

daenterpri

Ok! Got the new damper in, and it's holding ink! My nozzle check doesn't look half bad!

Last question: How do I align the heads on this thing? I notice that the heads are about 1 line different from each other.

Thanks!

daenterpri

This should be what your looking for.

Thanks!

Also, here are my recent nozzle checks. So much better than they were! However, notice the tiny tiny lines? Is that normal? Or should each of those blocks be vibrant, solid color with no tiny lines?

Attachments

• nozzlecheck7.jpg
    nozzlecheck7.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 71

daenterpri

Discouraging Mutoh Falcon.

Ok... the Falcon started acting up again. I got black to come back, but then my printer started doing something weird as you can see in the first picture, and now the nozzle checks suck again.

Through this whole process, the printers clean cycle doesn't seem to do hardly anything to improve these nozzles.

Why was it cleaning up and now why is it bad again? I can haz start to make monies?

Attachments

• messup.jpg
    messup.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 61
  • nozzlecheck8.jpg
    nozzlecheck8.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 58

daenterpri

More effective in clearing nozzles than the system clean, is just letting it sit for a while. I let the printer sit for a couple hours and the nozzle check looked a little better, but still had missing nozzles.

Any ideas? Any other ways that I can tell if my problem is the pump?

daenterpri

Mutoh Falcon: Missing Nozzles, smudging and smearing

Even after all the mess I've gone through this last week in this my printer still is missing nozzles here and there. Here is what I've tried:

• Repeated cleaning cycles on both powerful and normal mode. (I don't think cleaning cycles have ever made much of a difference)
  • Manually sucking the ink through the heads and capping station with a syringe (seems to help sometimes)
  • Head soaks (seems to make it worse sometimes, and sometimes makes it a little better)
Anyways, it doesn't take much and all of the sudden I'm missing nozzles again!

On this latest print, you can also see that I'm smearing ink. And you can also see that I have smudges of dark green in my print. Also, there are lines through it, it's not particularly clean looking.

Any ideas? I've tried a lot of things. I'm tempted to buy the refurb kit from CMYKParts.com and just refurb it all over again (it's been recently refurbished).

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Attachments

• smudges.jpg
    smudges.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 62
Last edited by a moderator: