• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Falcon Outdoor Banding Problem

daenterpri

Ok, this evening I did a cleaning. As usual, it didn't seem to improve my nozzle check. However, after manually sucking ink through the heads and capping station with a syringe, my nozzle check greatly improved.

Based on this nozzle check, any recommendations? Should I keep drawing ink until I get the last few white lines out?

Attachments

• nozzlecheck9.jpg
    nozzlecheck9.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 75

daenterpri

Ok, here you go :) What do you think? The ink around the capping station is from all of the work I've been doing on the printer.

Attachments

• lefthead.jpg
    lefthead.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 80
  • righthead.jpg
    righthead.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 62
  • wiper.jpg
    wiper.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 75
  • cappingstation.jpg
    cappingstation.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 67

Bradster941

Clean that wiper.
It should be completely flat on top.

Once cleaned, take your fingernail and see if you can separate it on top.

In the picture it looks like it is split down the middle or somehow there is (two) wipers installed. There should only be (one).

daenterpri

Ok, I'll do it! I think I even have a replacement wiper.

Do you think the wiper could cause the problems like I've been having?

laserman70

We had issues with that type of wiper. We went to the rubber one. Helped us out right away. Instead of wiping it, it seems to drag across and soaks it up which the wiper then holds. Next time you clean it leaves residue on the print head.

daenterpri

Do a few good cleanings and soak if needed. Should take care of it. Those wipers caused us headaches like you cant believe.

Ok, will do! We've done a TON of head soaks and cleanings... but hopefully now they will work right.

There is a definite "click click" when the heads go over the wiper now. Never heard that before.

daenterpri

Sorry guys! I've been hesitant to reply with any good news until I really new for sure. I've been printing for a few days now, and I'm very pleased with the results. To be honest, I still have a couple nozzles missing, but it's printing like a champ, and the quality is awesome.

Thank you for your help! Hopefully that was it :)

laserman70

Sorry guys! I've been hesitant to reply with any good news until I really new for sure. I've been printing for a few days now, and I'm very pleased with the results. To be honest, I still have a couple nozzles missing, but it's printing like a champ, and the quality is awesome.

Thank you for your help! Hopefully that was it :)

Glad to hear it.

daenterpri

Update ?

Is it still printing correctly?

Thanks! It's running pretty good. After a power clean this morning, it was missing a few nozzles on black. But it seems to be printing alright.

Over the weekend I don't usually print. Is there anything I should do to keep the printer "primed" over the weekend? Put drops of something on the caps? Or some goofy thing?