• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Valuejet 1604

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I had to read that sentence like four times before I understood what you were trying to say. No wonder you have problems. You know Graph.... for the most part, I've been on your side, but if you don't lighten up, I'll tell you what I really think.

Wanna get this thread locked down ?? Are you seriously trying to get the owner's thread locked down because of your stubbornness ??

Go ahead, keep it up and I'll let off one barrel. I stopped pumping two at once. I'll start out slowly.

Why not try Fred's advice and start your own thread ?? Again, I started out believing in you, but as time goes and you post more and more... I'm beginning to wonder.

randya

Apparently VGI turned this over to their attorney in April of 2010, at which time contact between Mutoh and VGI was terminated, so there is nothing more that I can add until this case is resolved.

Graphicholik3

Again, if you don't like what I have to say please keep that to yourself. And your supposed to be adults? What's with all the immaturity attacking me because I'm exposing the honest truth about our situation, and how we were treated. No one asked you to read or comment on my situation. You can't tell someones tone in a text so if you think I'm rude or unprofessional you're just making assumptions.

I never once disrespected Randy nor are him and I arguing. Randy and I know each other beyond this forum as we have met a few times at the shows. Not to mention chatted on the phone numerous times throughout the years. I was in no way attacking Randy he was just responding because it's apart of his job as Mutoh pays his bills. We are both adults, and we both have the utmost respect for each other. Randy isn't Mutoh. I'm putting my situation out there for any future references for any one thinking about buying a Mutoh.

As for your "threatening" comments questioning my knowledge; my client list, the quality of work I produce, and my work in general speaks for itself. Again, if you were in my shoes you'd be pretty upset, and let down by a company who's product let you down since day one.

rockstarfw.jpg

palahw.jpg

pcmpsfw.jpg

transworldspot.jpg

fhbanners.jpg

Graphicholik3

I'm going to respectfully disagree with some here.
I don't know if this is the right thread or not (Fred check your post #10), but I do think this should be out in the open on this forum.
From what has been posted I can see the frustration on the customer's end.
I can also see the professional response from Randy.
Both have value in a place set up to go over issues all of us run into sooner or later.
Maybe the tone could be adjusted a little but I am not even sure that needs to be done.
People come here to find things out, how they are presented is just part of the deal.

wayne k
guam usa

Exactly Wayne!

Graphics2u

Originally Posted by randya
I do know that Mutoh often goes beyond it's obligations to try and resolve issues, but again I dont everything that has occurred between you and Mutoh.

Since this is in it's own thread now, I'd like to say that the above comment from Randy is very true in my case. I've not been without trouble with my printer, but Mutoh has in my opinion gone above and beyond what I expected in helping me. So to make a general statement that a company doesn't stand behind it's product isn't at all accurate. Every situation is different.

Brandon,
What is wrong with the printer? In the multitude of posts you've made you've never said why it is "dead". And it does seem strange that in the three years you've been a member of this site not one of your posts until yesterday mentioned any troubles you've been having. Yet after 4-5 years of owning this machine you are all the sudden talking about losing 25,000 dollars. You've had a tech working on this machine "daily, weekly, monthly" for 5 years?? Either work with Randy and get the thing fixed or put it on ebay where the rest of the "dead" Printers go. Or tell us what is "broke" maybe someone has had the same problem and can offer assistance.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ya know what.... just forget it. First no one knows each other, then rand can't figure out who you are and then he tracks you down. Yeah, your real chums, alright. Now he finds out you sued the company almost a year ago and you forgot to bring that up I suppose ?? How can anyone discuss something when you're in litigation ?? You don't understand law either, huh ??

I don't have to be an adult here, I'm not the one screaming about how I wasted $25,000 and did nothing about it for a few years and then decided to rip havoc into someone else's thread only after telling so many of us here we don't have to read this crap and then you go on to say it's a free place, we can do what we want unless we disagree with you. Well ya know what.... you're right. I'm not in your shoes and I didn't blow $25,000. There is no way in Hell, I'd ever let that much cash out of my clutches and then be fool enough to think I can get it all back because I was misunderstood and have tech's support that hasn't come through yet. Your lawsuit will go on indefinitely until you eventually cave in for a fraction of what you wanted. That's the system. Thank your lawyer for that little bit of fussing.

As for the questioning of any of your other points, you have me confused with someone else. When you joined, I welcomed you in and even told you that you had one of the better intros I've heard here. Now you go and blow it like a pissed off little kid and ranting because no one can see things through your eyes. Well, it's now your thread since Fred's moved it, so knock yourself out and see how much help you get.

Remember, what you say here can be totally used against you in a court of law. Deformation is a really hard card to flip over.

Good Luck......................​

CheapVehicleWrap

Not for nuthin, am I'm NO way standing up for Mutoh; but one must question the experience of tech(s) who replace every part in a printer trying to fix problems. I hope these people are not working on your vehicles as well.

Randy, has Mutoh admitted to the ink problems and formulated a new recipe yet? All I've heard was a TON of people jumping onto Roland's ship.

Graphicholik3

Are any of you guys reading what I posted? Honestly, the dumb questions just keep rolling in. The tech(s) are Mutoh certified, and have been working in the industry for a long time. I worked with Mutoh directly for a long time via email, and phone therefore I had no need to post anything on here. And honestly your assumptions, and opinions are garbage when I'm dealing with professionals. Who are you? I was not only troubleshooting with Mutoh, but with Flexi, and 3M who Mutoh often blamed the print issues on. Which in not one case ever turned out to be true.

Again you didn't read, and your arrogant for trying to put in your two cents when you don't know my situation, and you're not in our shoes. If I knew why it was dead it would of been sold already. And if the experts knew why it was dead I wouldn't be ranting about my horrible experience with Mutoh. Honestly, you guys amaze me what don't you get? We tried several techs not ALL techs work on Mutohs. If you think otherwise, you're wrong! We've had numerous techs show up at our shop, and leave shortly after they realize it wasn't a model they were familiar with, etc.

You might wanna learn business ethics with the way some of you lash out at me like I'm effecting you directly. No, I'm exposing an issue we had with a company who talks the talk but never walked the walk if you will. They left us high & dry...constantly offering to talk to us on the phone or troubleshoot via this forum isn't support at it's fullest extent. Especially when you got job piling up waiting to be printed. You must not have a steady work flow if you don't understand the stress being in this situation would cause you.

To put in it "lamen's terms" for the arrogant ones who can't seem to understand common sense or read: when you have jobs piling up, and you've made a large investment in a piece of equipment from a company whom you rely on to operate your business, you expect more than a phone call or a PM on a forum. You have deadlines that approach each day the printer sits broke and the tech(s) sit their wasting your 3M IJ180 material (look up price), and your ink levels are draining by the minute (check price on those). When that's coming out of your pocket your telling me your not gonna expect more out of them?

The only thing that should matter is we purchased one of their products, it was constantly breaking right after it would be fixed, and Mutoh neglected that fact over & over. Sometimes enough is enough, and it was definitely more than ENOUGH trying to fix if it was just going to break again. A little thing called 'false hope' is what we were constantly left with. It's pretty sad when your clients become used to the fact that your printer is down, and you were going to have to extend the deadline.

Mutoh offered little support here & their the first year while it was in warranty, but it was still like pulling teeth getting them to take action promptly. Offering support via a form for basic troubleshooting/questions is much more different than support for a broken printer. And if you read I said that we experienced so many problems during the first year of owning it that the expiration date on the warranty approached very quickly yet they were still aware that we were constantly experiencing problems and never offered to extend the warranty. Better yet they waited for our warranty to expire so they could tell us that we now had to foot our own bills for the tech(s). Now does that seem very supportive to you? Any other company would of realized that, and either extended our warranty just for our case, replaced the machine to make us happy, or refunded us. All because they were aware that the survival of our business depended on them. It doesn't taken much more than common sense to realize the repetitive problem we were experiencing and know that it wasn't normal. Doing that is called customer service, and especially when your footing the bill for the 'heavty' price tags attached to these machines.

The exact day it showed up at our shop and was setup it had nothing but problems. The techs managed to fix them (or at least we thought so). It became a daily, weekly, or monthly issue for years to come. Throughout that time we battled with Mutoh to replace or refund us as did our tech(s) and our dealer who is no longer in business. But Mutoh refused and refused! Why? Nobody knows. What else were we to do but to keep trying to fix it and keep reporting to them of the constant issues. While we continued to do that Mutoh continued to be aware of our problems yet not offer any more help to solve them just made us foot more bills for the pricey tech(s).

Mutoh has already showed us they do not want to stand behind their product, and make us happy therefore we have nothing to hide which makes posting here not even crossing my mind once for being an issue. For those of you acting like I'm making something out of nothing definitely don't own your own printer, and you don't experience the work flow we do. Also I will correct myself after referring to our records we've only had this printer for about 3.5 years.

CheapVehicleWrap

Calm down big boy. I didn't say they weren't "certified" and read what you typed. every bit believe it or not.

Know how many computer 'professionals' I've met I wouldn't let near my computers? Damn near all of them.

My Mutoh arrived SMASHED

Graphicholik3

Ya know what.... just forget it. First no one knows each other, then rand can't figure out who you are and then he tracks you down. Yeah, your real chums, alright. Now he finds out you sued the company almost a year ago and you forgot to bring that up I suppose ?? How can anyone discuss something when you're in litigation ?? You don't understand law either, huh ??

I don't have to be an adult here, I'm not the one screaming about how I wasted $25,000 and did nothing about it for a few years and then decided to rip havoc into someone else's thread only after telling so many of us here we don't have to read this crap and then you go on to say it's a free place, we can do what we want unless we disagree with you. Well ya know what.... you're right. I'm not in your shoes and I didn't blow $25,000. There is no way in Hell, I'd ever let that much cash out of my clutches and then be fool enough to think I can get it all back because I was misunderstood and have tech's support that hasn't come through yet. Your lawsuit will go on indefinitely until you eventually cave in for a fraction of what you wanted. That's the system. Thank your lawyer for that little bit of fussing.

As for the questioning of any of your other points, you have me confused with someone else. When you joined, I welcomed you in and even told you that you had one of the better intros I've heard here. Now you go and blow it like a pissed off little kid and ranting because no one can see things through your eyes. Well, it's now your thread since Fred's moved it, so knock yourself out and see how much help you get.

Remember, what you say here can be totally used against you in a court of law. Deformation is a really hard card to flip over.

Good Luck......................​

Dude, please just mind your own business you have done nothing but keep making assumptions. Randy just threw out a false statement about us "suing" them. We never attempted to sue them although we did make them aware we had our lawyers reviewing the case. If we still do or not is also none of your business, Mutohs business, or any others. That is something we know, and it will remain that way. We have nothing to hide therefore I am not concerned with exposing the truth behind what happened in our experience dealing with Mutoh. If you had a good experience or anyone else did great! I'm happy for you that you didn't have to go through all the nightmares we have. Until you walk a mile in our shoes do not judge, make assumptions, or think you can fix our printer yourself.

Although we do appreciate the offers to help troubleshoot it's something far behind something you would experience in your everyday printing, and would be able to help us with. If anything I would be able to help you with normal issues that coming up with using a Mutoh Valuejet 1604 as I've experienced everything you can think of, and that I've read on any forum.

Other than that, have a great night.

Graphicholik3

Calm down big boy. I didn't say they weren't "certified" and read what you typed. every bit believe it or not.

Know how many computer 'professionals' I've met I wouldn't let near my computers? Damn near all of them.

My Mutoh arrived SMASHED

What's with all the attitudes and/or lack of respect on this website? I am ashamed because this was actually one of the most helpful and not to mention favorite forums I enjoyed being active in. We are all adults here how about you give respect because I never once disrespected any of you to begin with.

I understand what you're saying. But not all these professionals who claim to work on machines are certified by Mutoh. And unless you have a certified tech work on it you will run into more issues with Mutoh placing the blame on you for letting someone they didn't recommend (certify) work on your machine.

I'm sorry to hear your Mutoh arrived smashed. Well at least you can somewhat relate to the headaches we've dealt with.

Graphicholik3

Now that I explained our experience/review with Mutoh you can choose for yourself. I put it out there for reference to anyone curious about making an investment in a Mutoh product. Don't think it couldn't happen to you because it could and it would be very naive of you to think otherwise.

We currently use a Roland Soljet XC-540 Pro III, and couldn't be more satisfied. The vibrancy in color highly outweighs anything the Valuejet could ever come close to especially when it comes to Reds...finally a printer that can actually print a flawless looking Red not a "Orangey Red or a Salmon looking color." Not to mention how much of a time saver the print & cut feature actually turned out to be. Better yet Roland support is located in Irvine, CA which is about 40 minutes or so South of our location. Roland was our choice to solve the Mutoh curse!

Now if only Mutoh would step-up and give us a solution to get rid of their printer whether they fix it for us so we can sell it, replace it, or refund us.

Graphicholik3

In my experience, this tends to happen when someone is disrespectful, unprofessional or dishonest first. Mind you, I suggest that possibility in the most respectful way.

You mind that in the most respectful way yet you are implying I was disrespectful, unprofessional, or dishonest "first"...please let me know where you are getting these fictional facts from.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, sorry to hear of all your problems. You certainly have your share of them, whether they be self induced or otherwise.

Because you are so emotionally tied to your storyline, I'm sure you are having a great deal of difficulty in seeing how feeble your story really sounds. Wouldn’t it be great if we could step outside of our bodies and look at a set of circumstances and be logical, instead of so closely attached ?? Try it.

We had a problem with one of our printers about a year or so ago. After they messed things up for us, they were supplying us with prints everyday from their headquarters keeping us limping along with our bigger projects. Also, they supplied it on their dime with the vinyl and the laminate. After the 8th day of not solving our problems, I was forced to make some changes. By the end of the 10th day everything was returned to normal and everything was fixed at no cost to us. I had to pay for the part I needed, but all of the other problems were addressed and paid for by their company. This is called negotiating, something you and/or your company lack.

I was forced to take action and I didn't let anyone talk to me the way you explained of your situation. Talk about being childish. In business, especially when it’s your own business, no one dictates to me for two or three years and does nothing. You’re the source of your own problems. Besides, if you or your company is so professional, why didn’t your business interruption insurance kick in ?? I didn’t hear you…. What did you say ?? Oh…… what’s that ?? Look into it, it might help you someday.

You're correct, I have no right to interfere with the way you do business or how you handle your business, but I can say this..... with the writing in your posts, I can honestly see half of your problems. Am I being harsh or negative towards you ?? Perhaps, but it doesn’t compare to how you’ve dealt with this situation in a matter of less than 30 hours, here.

You're like a little Napoleon….. you make the rules and they apply to everyone else, but not you. You dictate how we should react, behave, post and even if we are allowed to look at your post. Only someone in total agreement with you... may participate. Yep, I’m the little kid here.

You might’ve had some very valid points, but your pissy way of going about getting resolution stinks to high Hell. I’m sure in your brainware you have your reasons for doing this and making a big mess. Maybe you feel satisfied that you botched your situation up even more, but I highly doubt you’ve fixed anything at all, except to get this off your chest.

I just have to make note of your best parts…….. you want everyone to know of your lousy dealings and about Mutoh….. and want this to be an informational thread without any consideration of how you broke in here and just hi-jacked someone else’s thread. No acknowledgement of any of your wrong-doings, telling everyone to shut up and mind their own business if they didn’t agree with you and finally that we’re all making assumptions, when in fact you give very little information of what it is that has gone wrong except you’ve been had for $25,000. Yep, you’re the only person to get a lemon, while the others are just chugging along famously with their machines. Dealing with others is evidently not one of your strong points, huh ??
See ya on the flip. :rock-n-roll:

Graphicholik3

Wow, I have received over 75 PM's so far and I'm proud to say neither of them have any negative or disrespectful statements so I appreciate that!! All of them have been positive feedback on my review, helpful, or great suggestions. And a few good stories from previous Mutoh owners as well! Thank you all...I will eventually get around to replying back to each and every PM.

A few of you are asking which Roland dealer we got the XC-540 from. I think it's more appropriate to support the dealer nearest you as if you had any issues it will be rest assured they will be able to assist you promptly.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Wow, I have received over 75 PM's so far and I'm proud to say neither of them have any negative or disrespectful statements so I appreciate that!! All of them have been positive feedback on my review, helpful, or great suggestions. And a few good stories from previous Mutoh owners as well! Thank you all...I will eventually get around to replying back to each and every PM.

A few of you are asking which Roland dealer we got the XC-540 from. I think it's more appropriate to support the dealer nearest you as if you had any issues it will be rest assured they will be able to assist you promptly.

Well, things are looking up for ya. At least no one is sending you hate mail.

Graphicholik3

Well, sorry to hear of all your problems. You certainly have your share of them, whether they be self induced or otherwise.

Because you are so emotionally tied to your storyline, I'm sure you are having a great deal of difficulty in seeing how feeble your story really sounds. Wouldn’t it be great if we could step outside of our bodies and look at a set of circumstances and be logical, instead of so closely attached ?? Try it.

We had a problem with one of our printers about a year or so ago. After they messed things up for us, they were supplying us with prints everyday from their headquarters keeping us limping along with our bigger projects. Also, they supplied it on their dime with the vinyl and the laminate. After the 8th day of not solving our problems, I was forced to make some changes. By the end of the 10th day everything was returned to normal and everything was fixed at no cost to us. I had to pay for the part I needed, but all of the other problems were addressed and paid for by their company. This is called negotiating, something you and/or your company lack.

I was forced to take action and I didn't let anyone talk to me the way you explained of your situation. Talk about being childish. In business, especially when it’s your own business, no one dictates to me for two or three years and does nothing. You’re the source of your own problems. Besides, if you or your company is so professional, why didn’t your business interruption insurance kick in ?? I didn’t hear you…. What did you say ?? Oh…… what’s that ?? Look into it, it might help you someday.

You're correct, I have no right to interfere with the way you do business or how you handle your business, but I can say this..... with the writing in your posts, I can honestly see half of your problems. Am I being harsh or negative towards you ?? Perhaps, but it doesn’t compare to how you’ve dealt with this situation in a matter of less than 30 hours, here.

You're like a little Napoleon….. you make the rules and they apply to everyone else, but not you. You dictate how we should react, behave, post and even if we are allowed to look at your post. Only someone in total agreement with you... may participate. Yep, I’m the little kid here.

You might’ve had some very valid points, but your pissy way of going about getting resolution stinks to high Hell. I’m sure in your brainware you have your reasons for doing this and making a big mess. Maybe you feel satisfied that you botched your situation up even more, but I highly doubt you’ve fixed anything at all, except to get this off your chest.

I just have to make note of your best parts…….. you want everyone to know of your lousy dealings and about Mutoh….. and want this to be an informational thread without any consideration of how you broke in here and just hi-jacked someone else’s thread. No acknowledgement of any of your wrong-doings, telling everyone to shut up and mind their own business if they didn’t agree with you and finally that we’re all making assumptions, when in fact you give very little information of what it is that has gone wrong except you’ve been had for $25,000. Yep, you’re the only person to get a lemon, while the others are just chugging along famously with their machines. Dealing with others is evidently not one of your strong points, huh ??
See ya on the flip. :rock-n-roll:

Wow, talk about issues! I asked you respectfully to stray away, and you keep coming back. You are verbally attacking me when this issue isn't even with you nor did I ever verbally address you...that would be referred to as "harassment."

If you aren't gonna replace my printer, fix it, or refund me my money than I have no business furthering any communication with you whatsoever. I clearly demonstrated in previous posting that I am extensively knowledgeable in the print industry, and so are my colleagues. Like I also said previously, my client list, and the work I produce reflect upon that.

So I'll ask you nicely once again, mind your own "beeswax." :toasting:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
You mind that in the most respectful way yet you are implying I was disrespectful, unprofessional, or dishonest "first"...please let me know where you are getting these fictional facts from.

A statement of possibility or probability is just that and is not a fact. Rather it is for each individual to reach their own conclusion. Since that is the case and not factual, it is also not fictional.

But, since you ask, here are some facts to consider:

• You took over my thread instead of starting your own or using the designated section for posting a review.
  • You proceeded to continue hijacking my thread even after this was pointed out.
  • You have consistently made long, long posts loaded with misspellings and poor grammar making it difficult for anyone to follow whatever point you may have to make.
  • You choose to air a lot of dirty laundry in an open forum, presumably seeking attention and the making of your case ... yet when anyone replies with anything other than what you want to hear you respond rudely and repeatedly tell other members to "mind their own business".
I respectfully submit that you are, IMHO, the most disrespectful person participating here. Your repeated claims of disrespect by others are only a reflection back on the lack of respect that comes through in your posts. You are a bully when it comes to an open exchange of information. Out of 57 posts in this thread so far, 27 are yours, many of which are written in disrespect to the poster of any comment ... this thread included.

So if you choose to read my previous post as implying anything, well, as they say, "if the shoe fits, then wear it."

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member

Interesting. Since you put forth "over 75" as a factual number, I decided to look it up. According to your account page, in the three years you have been a member here you have received a total of 21 incoming PM's. So now we at least know that you are capable of stating untruths.

Status
Not open for further replies.