Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My company van design, feedback please.

Discussion in 'Designs & Layouts' started by jkdbjj, Nov 20, 2012.

1. jkdbjj

jkdbjj Active Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Virginia
    So any feedback would be appreciated. Fire away...

image.jpg

Tags:
  2. ProWraps

ProWraps Very Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    dan antonelli?

3. jkdbjj

jkdbjj Active Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Virginia
    Yes

4. ProWraps

ProWraps Very Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    well then it sucks. heh.

at least you hired the best. looks great!

dan is rebranding our entire company. soon to be released. at least you know with dan what you are getting. nothing but greatness.

ps. tide color scheme. my absolute favorite of all time. best use of color as far as im concerned in the history of advertising.

5. Sign Up Graphics

Jan 8, 2007

Looks great!!! :thumb:

6. SignManiac

SignManiac Major Contributor

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
  7. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    From the thumbnail I can't read your name at all. But as most vans are not viewed as thumbnails I'm not sure that is relevant..
    The ink spatter stuff seems a little dated, pre diamond plate, barbed wire woodland-camo era.
    Lower right drop shadow effect must be the default setting for every graphic program ever made, it has been overused to death.

I'd start over, clean it up and go for more subdued background effects that would complement your logo without distracting noise just for the sake of adding color.

I'm not a designer so take it for what its worth.

wayne k
    guam usa

8. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    LOL...I was about to ask if you took Dan's van layout image.

I don't like it. Like the logo, I'm just not feeling the rest of it. I may be jaded because my Fellers rep came by today in his wrapped Fellers car that was covered in splotchy, distressed splashy stuff like your van layout and my first thought was to ask him to park it around the corner so nobody would see it. Just not my style. I see it enough that somebody out there likes it, that's just not me.

9. jkdbjj

jkdbjj Active Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Virginia
  10. jkdbjj

jkdbjj Active Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Virginia
    So some really like it... Others not so much...
    Thanks for the feedback yall

11. Salmoneye

Salmoneye Very Active Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Not digging the background, little too trendy modern clip art.

12. Salmoneye

Oct 22, 2009
    Really like the logo portion but I don't think the 2nd font is complimentary to the first, two different feels. I do really like the logo.

13. Salmoneye

Oct 22, 2009
    I also think the background says messy, spill, mishap, grungy... Not the thing I want to think about when hiring someone to make products that I am going to pay a lot of money for that are going to represent my company. Not taking a thing away from the known skill of the designer, just critiquing this particular design.

14. jsmoritz2000

jsmoritz2000 Very Active Member

I think it screams "Visual Impact". The colors are nice. I just don't really like the flow of the whole thing. It's pretty stiff.

15. tsgstl

tsgstl Active Member

Jan 17, 2012
    It looks like 90's nickelodeon

16. visual800

visual800 Very Active Member

Aug 4, 2010
    montgomery, alabama
    Horrible. Not attractive and not professional. This is NOT a good way to example your business, try again sir.

17. jkdbjj

jkdbjj Active Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Virginia
    The question for me is, will customers think "oh this company is a mess and sloppy" or "will it make them think, this company is edgy, creative, and willing to step out of the box"

In my opinion, it says the latter more than it says the former. Thoughts?

18. visual800

visual800 Very Active Member

Aug 4, 2010
    montgomery, alabama
    I think the world goes in phases. and I think the layout of this van has had its day. I am personally sick and tired of this color explosion, erratic, angry all over the place layouts. I would like to see professional clean. Who would think your wrap is cool are kids the younger crowd and they aint got no money! lol

Im not bashing you i just that the public is sick and tired of this phase and they ignore it.

Another point, if YOU like it, do it. If you notice I never put stuff on here to ask others opinions because I know when you ask 20 opinions your gonna get 20 answers and all those answers will sway you from what you really wanna do. Go with your gut and do it if you like it

19. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    That's the same excuse as "designers" slopping a bunch of crap and effects together on a wrap and saying "It gets attention!"

20. SIGNTIME

SIGNTIME Active Member

Aug 13, 2012
    ny
    i think for the grungy look its pretty good but i also dont like that look as much a clean loud look i also know that with your own stuff its hard because you want to show you are capable of over the top graphics but you to display that while still looking as professional as possible i would say draw up another one trying to keep it as professional and clean as possible compare the two and see what you think