• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My company van design, feedback please.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Looks like something has spilled out of the box.....
I agree with the others - logo looks very good - background needs love.

Hard to say what customers will think, guess it will depend on who you are trying to reach.

wayne k
guam usa

jkdbjj

Only because you got me thinking about this, I simply can't think of a wrap I have ever seen in "my" city that is edgy like this. Everything around here is modern, clean, conservative. I suppose that should tell me something, however it goes against what you are saying. I am actually trying to think of a single wrap in my area that is even close to this edgy, and I can't think of one. I'm in a pretty big city too.

Maybe all that means is your comments are geographical in nature, and this might work well in my area.

My other comment is that this design would utterly fail if not executed correctly, and I think Dan, did it in a way that is still legible and quickly able to convey what we do. Does that make sense? Let me know what you think, and thanks for the feedback.

I also realize some hate me on this website, so no matter what, I'm gonna get bashed, so I have to take some things with a grain of salt, ya know.

Finally, I appreciate you realizing we need to follow our gut too. In the end it's not paint, and I can change it if I get swamped with negative attention.

I think the world goes in phases. and I think the layout of this van has had its day. I am personally sick and tired of this color explosion, erratic, angry all over the place layouts. I would like to see professional clean. Who would think your wrap is cool are kids the younger crowd and they aint got no money! lol

Im not bashing you i just that the public is sick and tired of this phase and they ignore it.

Another point, if YOU like it, do it. If you notice I never put stuff on here to ask others opinions because I know when you ask 20 opinions your gonna get 20 answers and all those answers will sway you from what you really wanna do. Go with your gut and do it if you like it

jkdbjj

Looks like something has spilled out of the box.....
I agree with the others - logo looks very good - background needs love.

Hard to say what customers will think, guess it will depend on who you are trying to reach.

wayne k
guam usa
in my area, simply having a decent website gets you business. Competition simply have bad websites. This city is attracted to businesses that spend money on branding, which is my experience so far. This is what is fueling some of my decisions.

Thanks for the comments

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I think Visual800's advice is solid - you have a plan - stick to it.
And as you said, it's not a tattoo across your butt - you can change it easily if it does not work for you.
The bigger point being the Mayan calendar is winding down to zero and in about 30 days the "Impact" part of your logo may have more context build on....

wayne k
guam usa

rjssigns

I'd use that layout. Here is what ya do if you're worried. When a client comes in ask them for feedback and log their responses. You will know in short order if it was the right thing to do.

peavey123

+2 on the 2nd font doesn't work well. Not sure if the grungy look is right either? Nice clean logo & website, then you have a grungy van. Layout is really good, it's not cluttered but the excecution isn't on the mark. Clean it up. To me your brand is clean and professional. This should match IMHO.

tsgstl

2 questions

Would Dan display this in his AMAZING website portfolio?

Why is your first displayed bullet point list something that you admit to be horrible with and outsource? Unless you providing "graphics" means something that I am not thinking.

Marlene

The ink spatter stuff seems a little dated, pre diamond plate, barbed wire woodland-camo era.

I am sick of splatters as they are over used like the dripping paint brush, diamond plate, beveled letters and the words xtreme & graphix. just doing something over and over again doesn't get attention, it just blends into all the other designs out there that look the same.

laserman70

So many different angles with text.
Love the logo, the rest is not attractive to the eye.

Love Dans work, just not a fan of this one.
just my .02

Salmoneye

If your customers are wanting stickers for their cars, sculls on everything, wearing Ed Hardy shirts,mostly race track guys... then this would be the type of wrap that you want except that nothing about that design is edgy. The background is dated, we have seen this forever at all the clipart sites and in use. There are more current styles to appeal to that crowd. If your clients are more traditional, business minded, professional or artsy this design is going to have O appeal.
I see that you are very resistant to this so I won't say any more and this is truly meant as constructive criticism but to me this is like sitting with a customer that can't stop defending the nephew art that they brought in. I LOVE Dan's work normally and have a lot of respect for him but I think this is way off the mark. PS. 99% of my business is 'Business to Business', if yours is not it will be less of an issue.

Border

Some fairly simple changes might help a ton. I think the orange that surrounds the text should follow more of the proper perspective angles from the center of the "splat" and not be straight or boxie looking but more like fat splashes coming from the center point of the main splash. As it is now, the boxes around the text look like more of an afterthought to help make the text more legible and the angles of the text aren't quite right.
It has great contrast and readability, otherwise.

Salmoneye

I know that Dan was not seeking our input but I would actually love to hear his thoughts on this after he has taken a couple of days away from the project and looks at it again.

qmr55

Get rid of the splatters and see how it looks without that. Keep the orange and everything else. Just get rid of the splatters. Think you may need to start fresh though. Too confusing and my eyes get lost in the splatters.

Marlene

I know that Dan was not seeking our input but I would actually love to hear his thoughts on this after he has taken a couple of days away from the project and looks at it again.

me too as this is the only design I have ever seen from him that I didn't like. he is very consistant in putting out some of the best designs that it seems odd to see this one. I'd like to hear the whys behind this

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Let's change up the scenery a little................

Well, we’re having the same problem trying to figure out what to put on our trucks. This is too that…. and that’s too much this. Ya just can’t get it how ya want it.

In your case, I think you’d blend in too much in the downtown areas with all the graffiti around these days.

Edgy ?? I don’t think so. Seems eclectic for the wrong reasons and doesn’t come together. All the different angles, the harsh complimentary color selection…. plus how’s it gonna look on the other side ?? You’re gonna have to change up your laundry list as they won’t fit, unless you reverse everything out.

I think you need to re-think it a little.

visual grafitti.jpg

jkdbjj

For those who mentioned my website, I am goin to have Dan rebrand the website as well. So it will change also. Yet, we are quite aways from the direction to go. I considered the grunge look, but dunno.

Now, for those willing to dig a little deeper. One of the challenges of having the name Visual Impact, is creating a compelling visual design that demonstrates impact.
I've run into this before, and it is a challenge. So ideas would be helpful on what to do to support the word "impact".