• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My company van design, feedback please.

jkdbjj

Why is your first displayed bullet point list something that you admit to be horrible with and outsource? Unless you providing "graphics" means something that I am not thinking.
I have a designer now. However, I've always been committed to hiring Dan for branding our company. We simply don't have time to do our own work.
You are correct though, I only wish I could design and do outsource occasionally, just not to crowd sources anymore.

Salmoneye

With the name visual impact and that logo, maybe less will be more. A tasteful use of negative space and simple font oftentimes has more 'visual impact' than anything. Impact and assault are not synonymous even though one often involves the other.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
As mentioned by others already. Love the logo, the splattered grunge design is tired. Just not digging it myself either.

DSC

I agree overall it does look great! BUT, if it was 2003- 2005. This was the MOST used distressed splatter, edges "go media" type vector packages that was sooooo hip then.... and are still available.. I know I used them .. ALOT In the mid 2000's.

Honestly , arbitrarily, this is severely dated, and very trendy..

That being said.. If you like it, who cares what anybody thinks.. props to you for following your gut..

I certainly don't listen to anyone, I either really succeed or fall flat on my face.. either way it's a lot of fun!

Good Luck !

visual800

I also realize some hate me on this website, so no matter what, I'm gonna get bashed, so I have to take some things with a grain of salt, ya know.

No sir I do not hate you nor do i know you, lol but I do hate your van design.....NOW get it done and go to work

FrankenSigns.biz

Mike. My 2 cents.

I like it. It's colorful. That will get gobs of attention. That's job 1. Your logo is huge and it's legible. That's job 2. Your message. MAYBE try a more legible font but what you have works. Charlotte is pretty soulless, I agree with your comment about it being conservative. In this economy, I think anything goes.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I like the design a lot... I mean if you want your company too look "professional" and you don't use this design, then might as well get a haircut and shave that fuzz nub off your chin too... as if that mattered, and if it does, you may not want customers like that, do you?
Run with it....

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
The toned down version looks good too... looks like a good solution.

Craig Sjoquist

Huge improvement.

What I did not like about name & color contrast is light orange on lighter orange brought out visual more, now this one blue name on blue brings out impact more.

Since being on 2 lines reading both words is not the problem so if both were same color, you could contrast or harmonize what ever you fancy alot better & cleaner.

Only other thing I dislike is the area code same weight as the other 7 which are the most important.

Salmoneye

Huge improvement, the background still looks really dated but not old enough to be cool. It doesn't scream out as much as the other one did. Why not pick out a background that everyone in the world hasn't seen 1,000 times and recognizes instantly? Your services do come out way more legible on this one.

Billct2

Much better

but I have a question, (maybe I missed it along the line), did Dan design the van or just the logo? I thought the logo was his and the van your inhouse design.

jkdbjj

Logo is ours, though Dan modified it. The design is Dan's. Though his modification to our logo made it much better! On my website is the original logo.

However, I asked him to try a halftone background next, because I am a big fan of halftones. So that's next, without the splatter.