• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My company van design, feedback please.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
However, I asked him to try a halftone background next, because I am a big fan of halftones. So that's next, without the splatter.

At this point, now that the design is getting close, don't you think you can make up your own mind?

I think every real designer in the house is thinking, one design by committee
revision is enough, bad enough designing for a indecisive client, now we have to design to us clowns? Have a corn dog!:corndog:

Pat Whatley

New design is great. It's got a clean, professional look that will make your company look like more than just another little sign shop.

jkdbjj

bad enough designing for a indecisive client
Wow, you call one revision indecisive? So I suppose two is the PITA factor? Gotta disagree on that one.
However, I do want to be a good client. So I know what you at least meant.

Rick

Wow, you call one revision indecisive? So I suppose two is the PITA factor? Gotta disagree on that one.
However, I do want to be a good client. So I know what you at least meant.

You can get as touchy as you want and I was not calling you indecisive, it what we designers deal with..., nit picky revisions for all to review is a waste of time for both of you...

jkdbjj

Your website is wrong unless it's suppose to be vivisual.com?
Yeah that is the website. I realize it looks much different than the van design. We are going to have Dan work on our site and brand as well, so that will change here soon as well.

Why did you think the site is wrong?

jkdbjj

You can get as touchy as you want and I was not calling you indecisive, it what we designers deal with..., nit picky revisions for all to review is a waste of time for both of you...
what part is nit picky?
I'm not getting touchy, just pointing out an odd statement. I've had one revision so far.
This site, has a place to show designs and get feedback. If you don't like being part of that, why post negative stuff? I mean post away, just not sure you're making much sense. Plenty here seem to not mind commenting.

jkdbjj

i thought the web addy was weird too. so it's short for "VisualImpactVisual"?
It's even worse trying to give an email address over the phone! I like it because it is short enough, but the two "vi's" are a problem, for sure.
Oh and btw, it isn't short for anything, it is just a website address.

Rick

what part is nit picky?
I'm not getting touchy, just pointing out an odd statement. I've had one revision so far.
This site, has a place to show designs and get feedback. If you don't like being part of that, why post negative stuff? I mean post away, just not sure you're making much sense. Plenty here seem to not mind commenting.

BTW, where can one see some of your work. I see you enjoy environmental design and all of that. I happen to have some good friends in that industry. They all have websites to show their work, because that type of work is usually super visually stimulating. I couldn't find anything for you.

My brashness is not because I think you are a fuffeehead... I'm kinda thinking like you actually do know what you are doing and thinking what the shweeze!!! so nicely put...

You, as a client, can show what is being presented to you for all to see. But at this point, it looks like you locked in a direction. The minor stuff you can decide. It really is a "process". A process between you and the designer... now I think the design has been improved. but I'm pretty sure you have the knowledge to go the rest of the way... as a designer I would be happy to bill more hours for a watered down design... but is it serving the process or serve your business well listening to us (I include myself you know) rabble on about minor details?

Being slightly anonymous has some benefits. But I have some work on this site, I protect my interests by not revealing my larger clients.

jkdbjj

My brashness is not because I think you are a fuffeehead... I'm kinda thinking like you actually do know what you are doing and thinking what the shweeze!!! so nicely put...

You, as a client, can show what is being presented to you for all to see. But at this point, it looks like you locked in a direction. The minor stuff you can decide. It really is a "process". A process between you and the designer... now I think the design has been improved. but I'm pretty sure you have the knowledge to go the rest of the way... as a designer I would be happy to bill more hours for a watered down design... but is it serving the process or serve your business well listening to us (I include myself you know) rabble on about minor details?

Being slightly anonymous has some benefits. But I have some work on this site, I protect my interests by not revealing my larger clients.
well said, thanks for the explanation. I agree with you.

Dan Antonelli

For what it's worth, I like the second version better as well. It's interesting that many think the grunge background is really overused. I don't think I've ever really seen it before, but than again I don't play often in this genre either. But I don't think the average person is as dialed in as most designers, so I don't think it's a problem. It's funny - as I was designing I was thinking 'dude you are so far out of your element right now' - which is kind of funny, and at the same challenging and refreshing.

The thought process behind the concept was just trying to zero in on the 'impact' component. I thought the splatters did that, one concept obviously more than the other.

If the company name was 'Bob's Signs' the whole concept really wouldn't make any sense.

Thanks for the the feedback folks!

jkdbjj

Really? I really like your website. It's simple, clean, and you've got nice work on there.
i'm glad you like it, I spent many nights working on that, while my company was tanking. I did something right, I have enough work to carry us through April 2013.

I credit this years success first to my faith in God. I apologize if that offends some. Secondly, the website turned my company around. I have since studied lots of trends, stats, and data, to know what needs to change on my site so that the conversion rate is higher. Currently, I have more work than I can handle, but I aim to hire two more solid employees this coming year, pay them well and grow the company just a bit more.
My thought process is that the website will be paramount in that process.

Unlike my van wrap, I do know what needs to be done on the website, but don't have the time anymore to execute it, nor the skill to bring the aesthetic parts that I think will make a difference. While I made the current website myself, there are things I want implemented badly, but I lack the skill to pull it off.
When it comes to the website, I need a partner that can execute design properly, and bring my strategy for content to fruition. So it's time to pay someone for that, and I'm glad to have Dan on board.

In the end it's all a calculable gamble, but hopefully more calculated then gamble :)

This Van thing is purely fun, and I lose sight of that too often. My company is fun, the employees have fun, so the design should convey professional, yet fun and engaging. I hope Dan will capture that before this is done. So far, we are pretty close. The colors are spot on, just need to figure the background out, IMO.

HulkSmash

i'm glad you like it, I spent many nights working on that, while my company was tanking. I did something right, I have enough work to carry us through April 2013.

I credit this years success first to my faith in God. I apologize if that offends some. Secondly, the website turned my company around. I have since studied lots of trends, stats, and data, to know what needs to change on my site so that the conversion rate is higher. Currently, I have more work than I can handle, but I aim to hire two more solid employees this coming year, pay them well and grow the company just a bit more.
My thought process is that the website will be paramount in that process.

Unlike my van wrap, I do know what needs to be done on the website, but don't have the time anymore to execute it, nor the skill to bring the aesthetic parts that I think will make a difference. While I made the current website myself, there are things I want implemented badly, but I lack the skill to pull it off.
When it comes to the website, I need a partner that can execute design properly, and bring my strategy for content to fruition. So it's time to pay someone for that, and I'm glad to have Dan on board.

In the end it's all a calculable gamble, but hopefully more calculated then gamble :)

This Van thing is purely fun, and I lose sight of that too often. My company is fun, the employees have fun, so the design should convey professional, yet fun and engaging. I hope Dan will capture that before this is done. So far, we are pretty close. The colors are spot on, just need to figure the background out, IMO.

Congrats brother. Hope you keep growing.