• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My Supermodel Daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

signmeup

you know what i don't get....
being proud of the way someone looks... why on earth is THAT source of pride?

how the hell can anyone be proud of something they had no control over.

it's as stupid as being proud of your race... as if you had any flipp'n say about where your relatives were born.

just plain ridiculous if you ask me

wanna know when i was proud of my son?
when his was 5... he came home from school and told me a kid had told the girl sitting next to him, that the picture she had drawn was ugly. he told the kid... "her picture isn't ugly. you can't draw ugly, but you can talk ugly."

i thought that was a beautiful thing to say.... i was proud!
I was going to type this but you beat me to it GG. Well said.

I'm not proud of my daughters appearance. I am proud of her accomplishments and her character. She is working toward becoming a doctor. I am proud of that. She is a second degree black belt. I'm proud of that. She is kind and compassionate. I'm proud of that.

I do think my daughter is very pretty but she had nothing to do with the random combining of DNA that made her. Why would I be proud of her for what she happens to look like?

slappy

Did this drawing while sitting accross from you while you were ignoring me and board to death with no TV to entertain you. Sorry the Chantix did not work, I was trying to tell you but you did not hear me.

cause i was busy pretending to work doing this of you :) It's art! Naked art like at the museums...just more life like to resemble you:smile:
I printed yours sketch out.. kind of mediocre, but I’ll hang it up on my pin board anyways since i now am officially in the Butt-o-sketch club! And I thought Weaselboogies caricature of me was good. But you nailed it… except the smoking. I haven’t touched one since Sunday and my favorite drink is tequila rose...You don't bother me. I read you post and can see what type of person you are regardless if you’re writing to me, someone else here or drawing a picture to mock members which you seem to like to do very much. Going back to my original thought of you the other day, your still a troll, like what i have here, and a narcissistic one on top of it. It seems to me your always fawning here. Get a real life and quit feeding off others you condescending :corndog:

No worries Gino! I'll always :loveya: and nothing you say i take the wrong way. I get your sense of humor :smile:. Glad your back btw, i noticed, even called, check you id! I think i found my own Addi finally here on the board!
And i'm glad my dad see's me busting my butt-o at work. He wants to retire again (since he retired in 2000, got bored and we opened this) and hopefully he trust me with my decisions. Then i can finally hire some much needed help to help and finally focus! BTW, guess I'm back to Atlantic City again, he don't wanna go. So i'll be passing through like last year! Defiantly have to stop this time!

John Butto

anatomically correct

cause i was busy pretending to work doing this of you :) It's art! Naked art like at the museums...just more life like to resemble you:smile:
I printed yours sketch out.. kind of mediocre, but I’ll hang it up on my pin board anyways since i now am officially in the Butt-o-sketch club! And I thought Weaselboogies caricature of me was good. But you nailed it… except the smoking. I haven’t touched one since Sunday and my favorite drink is tequila rose...You don't bother me. I read you post and can see what type of person you are regardless if you’re writing to me, someone else here or drawing a picture to mock members which you seem to like to do very much. Going back to my original thought of you the other day, your still a troll, like what i have here, and a narcissistic one on top of it. It seems to me your always fawning here. Get a real life and quit feeding off others you condescending :corndog:

No worries Gino! I'll always :loveya: and nothing you say i take the wrong way. I get your sense of humor :smile:. Glad your back btw, i noticed, even called, check you id! I think i found my own Addi finally here on the board!
And i'm glad my dad see's me busting my butt-o at work. He wants to retire again (since he retired in 2000, got bored and we opened this) and hopefully he trust me with my decisions. Then i can finally hire some much needed help to help and finally focus! BTW, guess I'm back to Atlantic City again, he don't wanna go. So i'll be passing through like last year! Defiantly have to stop this time!

We must have met before because your drawing (if it is your drawing) of me is spot on, thank you. I am also working on my drawings to bring up the mediocrity in them and I am glad you were being honest with me. You must have gotten your doctorate degree in Phychology because you are correct about my personality also. When are you going to my hometown, Atlantic City, I live under the boardwalk and harass people there. And I am sure if we got together you could further help me out with one of my problems which is sarcasm.

SIGNTIME

I think you missed on the censor haha

Review of your wine on a wine blog, these are not my words so don't freak out on me...

"Rex Goliath Cabernet Sauvignon has a distinct awful taste that is often associated with cheap red wine you buy at Pick 'n' Save for $7. A description of it being a mixture of dead trees and Alfred Hitchcock's innards is accurate. It smells like someone actually tried to ground a chicken into a red wine and sell it to stupid consumers."

It's actully not a Cabernet but rather a Merlot, which I can imagine is possibly even worse.

skyhigh

dad says that i'm nice and that "People like to feel that they are worth your time" :smile:

Bingo!!! Super nice! (and tall....no stubby fingers).

As for the rest of this thread.....wow, like Rex said....TRAINWRECK!!!!

This thread has to go into the "hall of fame" (or shame) catagory.

1)There has been stuff said, from members I have admired, that stuck me as totally ignorant and rude. I was shocked. (A "class act" may think it, dosen't mean you have to say it)

2) Things that have been said, and twisted totally around.

3) One member put in his place (long overdue....no not John B.)

4) One member I thought was really strange........reaffirmed.

5) some of the funniest sketches I have seen in a long time.

One final comment....
I've met Steph.... and she is a doll :loveya: (I'm not that old, so I'd have to say, in a brotherly kinda way). And I also like JohnB. And unless I've missed something he's posted to make me think otherwise....:toasting:

Lets lighten up folks.
Or not, because this is really funny stuff!!!!!:ROFLMAO:

Carry on.

SD&F

I often watch programs that have scenes like the one you have shown. I always wondered if their parents were proud of them, I would be. Your daugther is beautiful.
I have 3 girls raging from 25-20 and I always worry about the stalkers, followers and general creepy guys that seem to show up. I understand your thoughts and the world seems so much scarier to me since I have had children. I hope she finds success in here career.

C

ColoPrinthead

This thread just gets better everyday. Make me proud my brothers and sisters of the sign world!

slappy

I just feel bad anymore for the members that have been here peacefully for years or new members trying to learn and then the 101 jerks that make somewhat a innocent conversation and turn it to the point the op has to defend themselves to where they get themselves either banned or to a point they no longer want to post, seems like alot lately... and the forum is defiantly not the way it was, and just going downhill with all the aholes that are here now imo. Maybe should have a "high horse section" so they can ride over there.

slappy

it didn't... signs101 used to be like a close knit family at one time. We could talk about things, personal things, homelife etc. at one time without the bashing. That's what made a lot of the members here real close here. I even got a baby basket for my baby shower in 07 from a member in Australia that was here that i talked to other then signs, and Jill even sewd me 2 blankets to match my room theme... that's how close people were. Not like that anymore. Not meaning gifts, but people truly cared for one another and got to know one another in other ways other then sign making. I turned here for advice or even prayers when i needed them. That's how much these people once ment to me..... just not the same.... miss it i suppose.

fmg

Yep I sure have to agree with you there way too many personality clashes floating about on the internet. Howerer it is a great site and a very informative one too I may add.

Marlene

Just curious.What has this topic got to do with Sign making?

nothing. it's in the general chit chat which is for just posting non-sign stuff. I like the chit chat as it gives us the chance to just talk which is what we would do if we were together in person. we wouldn't just talk signs, we would chat. some how, this section has become worse than the old no holds barred section which is a shame. a member should be able to post a "look what my daughter is up to" thread without it turning into the mess it is now.

Shadowglen

I agree ^^^^^. I am new to this forum but not new to Internet forums. Every forum has members that are respected by almost all other members. Every forum have Individuals that have said the wrong thing and brought negative attention to themselves too many times. You have the ones that will stand on the sidelines and laugh. you have some that stand on the side an cringe. And then you have the Internet bullies. It is called Society. I have not seen the no holds barred section but definitely think this should be shoved into that forum if it does exist. That being said threads like this are a good shine on personalities of different board members.

Status
Not open for further replies.