• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My Supermodel Daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike F

I agree ^^^^^. I am new to this forum but not new to Internet forums. Every forum has members that are respected by almost all other members. Every forum have Individuals that have said the wrong thing and brought negative attention to themselves too many times. You have the ones that will stand on the sidelines and laugh. you have some that stand on the side an cringe. And then you have the Internet bullies. It is called Society. I have not seen the no holds barred section but definitely think this should be shoved into that forum if it does exist. That being said threads like this are a good shine on personalities of different board members.

NHB was removed a while back 'cause some people were getting way out of hand. Sadly this thread is actually downright civil compared to what used to go on in NHB.

Shadowglen

Well on another message board we had what they called "Fight Club". Trust me This was a hold on to your butt and check your feelings at the door because if you weren't numb going in you would be coming out. it was brutal. But it was also password driven. Anyone who wanted to get in on or just witness the bludgeoning could type in the password. the password was published for all to see. but if you did not want to be bothered with that type of stuff and never entered the password upon logging in you never even saw the posts in fight club. in the event of a thread like this one admin would have moved it to fight club and then the gloves could come off. So every board member had there choice of calm vs brutal.

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well on another message board we had what they called "Fight Club". Trust me This was a hold on to your butt and check your feelings at the door because if you weren't numb going in you would be coming out. it was brutal. But it was also password driven. Anyone who wanted to get in on or just witness the bludgeoning could type in the password. the password was published for all to see. but if you did not want to be bothered with that type of stuff and never entered the password upon logging in you never even saw the posts in fight club. in the event of a thread like this one admin would have moved it to fight club and then the gloves could come off. So every board member had there choice of calm vs brutal.
Same thing here, but too many people would carry those feelings over to the regular threads and many enemies were made while some members with thin skin left.

Not a cool way to operate, if one isn't prepared to go a few rounds. I've always looked at it like some of the athletes like boxers and such. They duke it out and look like they hate each other, but kiss each other and hold hands when the fighting's done. Not here. Tempers and memories rule. It's a shame, cause I learned quit a bit in that section. It was good if one knew how to handle it.

HulkSmash

it didn't... signs101 used to be like a close knit family at one time. We could talk about things, personal things, homelife etc. at one time without the bashing. That's what made a lot of the members here real close here. I even got a baby basket for my baby shower in 07 from a member in Australia that was here that i talked to other then signs, and Jill even sewd me 2 blankets to match my room theme... that's how close people were. Not like that anymore. Not meaning gifts, but people truly cared for one another and got to know one another in other ways other then sign making. I turned here for advice or even prayers when i needed them. That's how much these people once ment to me..... just not the same.... miss it i suppose.

Where exactly did this thread turned bad....? I read through it, and can't really pin point a post.. besides the weirdos checking out each other daughters.

Arlo Kalon 2.0

I just stopped back in to post the other pics I promised. These are to illustrate an article in something called a Social Series, this one being on cutters, girls who intentionally mutilate themselves. This isn't intended for any "weirdos to check out my daughter". I think, given the subject matter, they are tasteful. Again, I thank the additional people whose PM's I just read defending this thread. To the overly excited character who is freaking out thinking he ran me off... chill out before you have a stroke. I've had a hard time adjusting to having no apparent purpose in life anymore by being declared totally disabled. I've begun a pursuit I've been interested in all my life, that being mastering playing fingerstyle guitar, a la Chet Atkins/Mark Knopfler type stuff. I acquired a luthier built guitar and found a few forums to live at now in place of this one where that is the topic. I have no reason to be here anymore and I've had to accept that. Since a month after I was declared disabled 99% of my posts have been General Chit Chat, and I'm sorry but I realize I'm just not that interesting of a person. BTW, did I not say I would be forever grateful for the financial help I received here? HOW is that "spitting in your faces" as one PM accused me of? YOU should think before you type and continue derailing threads and sending senseless PM's. I respect you as well and actually like you a lot, but I too am capable of calling 'em like I see 'em!

Attachments

• Victim2.jpg
    Victim2.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 79
  • Victim3.jpg
    Victim3.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 60
C

ColoPrinthead

Same thing here, but too many people would carry those feelings over to the regular threads and many enemies were made while some members with thin skin left.

Not a cool way to operate, if one isn't prepared to go a few rounds. I've always looked at it like some of the athletes like boxers and such. They duke it out and look like they hate each other, but kiss each other and hold hands when the fighting's done. Not here. Tempers and memories rule. It's a shame, cause I learned quit a bit in that section. It was good if one knew how to handle it.
Thanks for the mental image of you holding hands and kissing Fatboy :omg:

Marlene

Originally Posted by slapakiss http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1076642#post1076642
it didn't... signs101 used to be like a close knit family at one time. We could talk about things, personal things, homelife etc. at one time without the bashing. That's what made a lot of the members here real close here. I even got a baby basket for my baby shower in 07 from a member in Australia that was here that i talked to other then signs, and Jill even sewd me 2 blankets to match my room theme... that's how close people were. Not like that anymore. Not meaning gifts, but people truly cared for one another and got to know one another in other ways other then sign making. I turned here for advice or even prayers when i needed them. That's how much these people once ment to me..... just not the same.... miss it i suppose.

it is what makes this place special and I really don't want to see that become a thing of the past. we do get to know each other and have real concern when one of our own is having problems or something bad happening to them. we've stood togehter to lend a hand or give some words of hope to some one who needed it. Arlo being one of those who needed some kind words and words of hope when things looked bleak. we are more than people who make signs, we are real people. one of my best friends is someone I have never seen in person. I value her friendship and yep, we got the chance to meet thru this site. I know I can be a pain as I do have opinions that don't always agree with others but that's because I'm real. I'm not someone being a character on a website, I'm just me. I think some times, there are some who like the build a personna and who like to shock and awe and just don't get that most of us are just people being the person that we are. I'm sorry to see Arlo leave over this as like Colorado said, it is hard to see where this whole thread went wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

HulkSmash

This isn't intended for any "weirdos to check out my daughter".

Arlo no offence at all, like seriously. You're saying this isn't intended for weirdos to check out your daughter.. yet you want to go back in time and check out the other guys daughter... it was even hard for you to choose.... These double standards give me headaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.