• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My work on someone else's website

Big House Signs

Well he certainly knows what is on his facebook page. Jess friended him and posted stole pick on my shovel wrap...and I shared the pic to my facebook page showing people that he stole

J Hill Designs

I wrote stolen photo on every photo on the FB page he has that I confirmed was stolen

:thumb:

edit: of course, not fully confirmed...I mean, I didnt see y'all wrap those things, but I figured if you posted em in the things you've wrapped thread, they were indeed yours

Fanaticus

NOTICE: Copyright © 2005-2011. All images may not be copied or reproduced in any way without explicit written permission. Infringement is enforced by Title 17, USC section 101, and liable for Statutory Damages as high as $100,000. For more information visit: http://www.copyright.gov/title17/. WE ACTIVELY SEEK AND PURSUE CONTENT & IMAGE THIEVES.

We have that embedded into our meta tags on every single web page we have. We do search for and find them too. When we find them we send them a cease and desist order. That stops most of them. If it doesn't and they are using a hosted service we contact the host and the remove it immeadiately as per the digital millennium copyright act. That usually scares away the rest. BUT, some will still challenge your ownership, and if you really want them to stop you will have to prove your ownership in a court of law. We've only had to contact our lawyer a few times and had the "official" papers get sent out.... we've never had to actually go to court.

Fanaticus

One more thing....

You should all be familiar with the digital millenium copyright act

There's a lot of information, as will as the act itself, available through a google search for "digital millenium copyright act".

2972renfro

Let this be a lesson to anyone wanting to steal art. With nearly 20,000 users on here someone is going to recognize non original work

Save face and do the right thing. Don't steal

2972renfro

Come on Rich, man up and admit to the mistake. We can see that you are reading this thread, you've deleted/suspended your FB page. Did your web guy post those there too?

Some will come on here and say quit jumping on him all at once like a mob but he should know better. The internet was not invented yesterday. Take some responsibility and don't deny, deny, deny when the evidence is against you.

Pat Whatley

Website pics are gone, probably had to fire the web guy.

This is gonna happen more and more often. People want to be able to post images to give potential customers IDEAS of what can be done. I don't think the guy was trying to pass any of those off as something he'd done, he was just trying to show customers some examples of items they could have wrapped. NO, that doesn't justify it, by any means, but I'm betting that was the mindset behind it.

Bradster941

Well, I did send him a pm with the link inviting his response as to why members work appears on his site.

So far, however, he has not replied.

buttons

This is gonna happen more and more often. People want to be able to post images to give potential customers IDEAS of what can be done. I don't think the guy was trying to pass any of those off as something he'd done, he was just trying to show customers some examples of items they could have wrapped. NO, that doesn't justify it, by any means, but I'm betting that was the mindset behind it.

I can see where you're coming from with him wanting to just give customers ideas of what he can do

BUT

if this is true...

I just got off the phone with Rich. He assured me any thing on the website is products from his shop, he doesn't just go around copying other peoples stuff. Although he says he didn't make the website, or has even seen it in a year or so.

Maybe ya'll would like to give him a call, he seems to be a nice guy. # is 269-377-8488

... then that WASN'T the mindset behind it.

btropical.com

If he tries to take my " 3 shrimp in the door panel " of a problem customers/employees car / truck " gimmick its on ! This publicity would be great for him for signs if most of us did not do signs .. the pee pee paints pik >>> was gonna say winning but will use the new phrase from paris """Thats Huge"

SlightlyChilled

On his FB page he did it said stuff I did :smile:

Techman

Originally Posted by Techman View Post
Hot link them all to tub girl.
That is always the ultimate pay back.
This always requires a nsfw note

or nsf anyone note. I just about threw up.

When you guys googgled it.. the list came up on one entire page of shocking, disgusting, diarhea etc,

So, you knew what was goona happen. But ya'all couldn't resist.
:)

however, one site overseas hot link a pic of mine. I email'd asking to have it taken off and of course they told me to STFU.
So they got a dose of that pay back. It was on their site for at least a few days.