• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Neat Desk

John L

Handwriting = no, not so much.

It's fully understandable, but ours is having a lot of trouble with the thermal register receipts that have neen crumpled and pocketed. Clean register receipts are picked up quite fine though.

I had heard that the software database gets slow and unmanagable too. I read that the current version 5 is supposed allow you to store the main database on a networked drive but I cant find the ability to do that. It does have all the backup and restore ability I expected though.

Border

oops... i posted that from my phone via Forum Runner... couldn't tell if it worked or not.

here's that link again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__BemM1K7vg

Great link and info!

M\But man, that guy was long-winded....He coulda done that review in 1/3 the time. I had a hard time watching any part of it it without jumping ahead!

That said, I think the side-by-side comparison shows the Fujitsu to be the better product and the one that I will probably end up buying. Especially when used in conjunction with Evernote!
Thanks!
:toasting:

GypsyGraphics

I am ordering the Fujitsu mobile scanner today.

Model s1100 for $189.00 & free shipping!
cool doug! you can be the guinea pig... oh, make that lab monkey.

i'm thinking of the desk top version, but it's the software that makes it or breaks it for me... so i'm really anxious to find out what you think. i'll give you a whole day after it's delivered before pestering you for your impression. when does it arrive? (don't try tell me 2 weeks, to keep me from bothering you sooner)

The Fujitsu doesn't come with TWAIN drivers which might not matter to most people. It looks like this one is pretty good also:

http://www.amazon.com/Epson-WorkFor...1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1327089080&sr=1-1

i watched the video there on amazon... i got the impression the software doesn't identify and organize scanned docs... it more creates editable text so that YOU can pull info off the document and identify and organize it yourself. i have so much to scan, it don't want to do that much work on each scan.

ooooo... Quicken too???? that's an awesome feature!!!!

Self edit.
Last edited by SqueeGee; Today at 02:51 PM. Reason: I said something that wasn't very nice.

hehe... i like that.

Border

should be here by Tuesday or Wednesday next week! I contemplated the desktop version too but after watching some demos of the smaller one, I feel more confident that it will do what I need just fine. Really pumped about using it in conjunction with Evernote and Quickbooks!

I should be able to find almost anything, anytime....right from my cell phone.
-theoretically, of course.

John L

We have scanned about a thousand receipts and the Neat software is bogging down. Even with having to edit more than 80% the scans in some way (receipt scans that is).. it is still faster than our old manual entry way.

Now for business cards this thing is just sex-cellent.

I can't see it working for us long term because of the software. If the software could handle a larger database I'd just love this.

SqueeGee

I stopped by Staples today and they had the Epson GT-S50 on sale for $350. I'm unboxing it now. I'll you all know how it goes.