• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Neat Desk

Border

I stopped by Staples today and they had the Epson GT-S50 on sale for $350. I'm unboxing it now. I'll you all know how it goes.

Cool...yet another option! Really hoping the Fujitsu works well for me. -Keep the updates coming

Salmoneye

Why not just use document management software and your iphone? I already use it to scan pdf files and the quality is very good. Now I am thinking that I can use 3rd party document management software to manage the files & extract info. Am I missing something? I just don't want to own another piece of hardware.

Tim Aucoin

Went out and purchased the Fujitsu S1500 today after reading this thread and watching a ton of reviews on both units. The Fujitsu is more compact and from what I've researched, a better overall product. Cost me $575 at Staples. Could have got in on-line for a little less, but I decided to support my local Airdrie Staples for the small difference it was!

I will get it up and running after I get my computer back up to speed and let you all know how it is! :smile:

GypsyGraphics

Went out and purchased the Fujitsu S1500 today after reading this thread and watching a ton of reviews on both units. The Fujitsu is more compact and from what I've researched, a better overall product. Cost me $575 at Staples. Could have got in on-line for a little less, but I decided to support my local Airdrie Staples for the small difference it was!

I will get it up and running after I get my computer back up to speed and let you all know how it is! :smile:

grrrrr.... no Staples near me carry ANY Fujitsu scanners. also checked Office Depot, Best Buy and Fry's... NO LUCK! i was willing to pay more to be able to have it today so i could be super productive even though i'm sick today.

oh well, ordering from Newegg for $402 even... including 2nd day shipping!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...3T-_-Scanners+-+Document-_-Fujitsu-_-38115051

GypsyGraphics

Why not just use document management software and your iphone? I already use it to scan pdf files and the quality is very good. Now I am thinking that I can use 3rd party document management software to manage the files & extract info. Am I missing something? I just don't want to own another piece of hardware.

say whaaaaat.... there's an app for that?

:doh: i shoulda known!

which app are you using? does if have OCR?

i have nothing short of a gazillion document and receipts to scan, which is why i opted for the desk-top version instead of the portable one.... but holy cow... if i can scan business cards, docs and receipts with my iPhone and with an app that integrates with Evernote... why i'll be king of the world!
make that queen of my own destiny

here's one that has high ratings! gonna read up a little more before breaking the bank on the... eek $6.99 price tag. hehe
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id333710667

EDIT: eeek... 3am... i'll check it out after i get a few hours sleep. will check here first to see what you guys have to say.

Last edited:

GypsyGraphics

darn, thought i'd come back this morning and find suggestions for document scanning apps. what... ya'll to busy making signs or something? not me... off to check out the iPhone apps.

hey Doug & Tim... i think the first one to get their ScanSnap up and running, should give us a little video review... and post it here!
and maybe start a new thread too, with Fujitsu SnapScan in the title.

Border

Well I think Tim will definitely be that guy then, since he already HAS his and mine won't be here 'til Wednesday or Thursday.
I want it now! -but was too much of a tight-azz to fork over the big bucks for expedited shipping. I figured I have done without it this long, what's a few more days.

rcook99

I bought a set of cordless phones from them that were refurbed and didn't last a year. Also just letting people know as some may not prefer a refurb that's all.

rcook99

Any refurb item that didn't last a year should still be under warranty, same as new items.

True Dave but at that point I just decided to buy new with 4 handsets. It pretty bad when you have 4 cordless phones and 4 cell phones in the house and the only one I can find is the one in my pocket. LOL The kids just leave them where ever they drop them.

SqueeGee

I bought a refurbished iPad on Woot a while back and haven't had any issues with it. It's probably hit or miss.

signdudegraphix

I have both the neat desk & mobile scanners for sale. The neat desk is used & the mobile scanner was never used. I found it easier to use an app on my iPad since I have it with me most of the time anyway. Feel free to DM me if you're interested in one or both neat scanners. They work great, I just found something else hat works better for me.