• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help NEED HELP WITH SP540V

player

just changed captops 2 days ago and dampers, no everything was printing good before this yellow problem. print heads could be clogged. I sucked ink thru the black and blue and then magenta and yellow and filled syrenge, still nothing
1- If you were not careful, you can crack the stem (manifold) that the damper fits onto. Look for ink around the manifold.

2- If you blew a fuse or two on the main board you will not get any colors printing. Check the fuses with a meter to see if they are passing current through them. BE sure to turn off both powers, unplug cable, and turn the switches on and off. Wait 15 minutes before messing around with the internals.

3- Pump may not be working. Sometimes you can tell if it is working by putting cleaner in the caps, then doing a regular cleaning. Then check to caps and see if there is still liquid in the cap. Also check the drain bottle when cleaning to see if ink is coming through.

1- If you were not careful, you can crack the stem (manifold) that the damper fits onto. Look for ink around the manifold.

2- If you blew a fuse or two on the main board you will not get any colors printing. Check the fuses with a meter to see if they are passing current through them. BE sure to turn off both powers, unplug cable, and turn the switches on and off. Wait 15 minutes before messing around with the internals.

3- Pump may not be working. Sometimes you can tell if it is working by putting cleaner in the caps, then doing a regular cleaning. Then check to caps and see if there is still liquid in the cap. Also check the drain bottle when cleaning to see if ink is coming through.
ok ill ck these things

player

it might be cloged heads. how do i unclog
I would check the fuses.

Here are a bunch of threads about fuses a VPs. The versacamm forum is also a great resource.

Here are a bunch of threads for you to sort through.
https://www.google.ca/search?source...0i22i30k1j0i22i10i30k1j33i160k1.0.mZOVDrEDIlo

I blew a fuse on my SP540V and soldered 2 wires from the burned fuse to a separate fuse holder so I could change the fuse if it ever blew again. I taped the new fuse holder to the frame off the board.

I would check the fuses.

Here are a bunch of threads about fuses a VPs. The versacamm forum is also a great resource.

Here are a bunch of threads for you to sort through.
https://www.google.ca/search?source...0i22i30k1j0i22i10i30k1j33i160k1.0.mZOVDrEDIlo

I blew a fuse on my SP540V and soldered 2 wires from the burned fuse to a separate fuse holder so I could change the fuse if it ever blew again. I taped the new fuse holder to the frame off the board.
what fuses do i replace look at pictures
20180703_111750_resized(1).jpg
20180703_111818_resized.jpg
20180703_111750_resized(1).jpg

Attachments

• f201f202.pdf
    222.1 KB · Views: 340
  • what one.jpg
    what one.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 240

Jodean

did you look through the threads as told? its not a fuse like that, you wont find them unless you do a little searching for pictures. Its here, keep looking.

But dont even worry about fuses if you have megenta, the fuse f2 and f3 are each for 2 colors, one per head basically. one for M Y other for K C

Jim Hill

When I blew a fuse whiling changing a head I went to an auto parts store and purchased an inline fuse and then soldered it on the motherboard which was not easy to do but if that fuse ever blows again it is an easy fix.

I know Roland does not like to see this but my printer has been out of warranty for years anyway.

Jim

Hes still waiting for someone to jump through the screen and fix it for him. Or its a top secret breakdown
I looked through the treads and saw pictures of fuses but there are no fuses that look like the ones in picture on my main board. And I can do without your smart a... comments. It is not helping at all. ill take picture of main board and you can so me since you know so much. thank you

player

I looked through the treads and saw pictures of fuses but there are no fuses that look like the ones in picture on my main board. And I can do without your smart a... comments. It is not helping at all. ill take picture of main board and you can so me since you know so much. thank you
They look like grains of rice, a little bigger...

Not sure of the value but they look like this:

5pcs-lot-Original-Roland-SP-300-SP-300V-SP-540V-Fuse-CCF1NTE1-6-22555109.jpg_640x640.jpg

did you look through the threads as told? its not a fuse like that, you wont find them unless you do a little searching for pictures. Its here, keep looking.

But dont even worry about fuses if you have megenta, the fuse f2 and f3 are each for 2 colors, one per head basically. one for M Y other for K C
theres the f201 and f202 and f1 on the right side of the two f2 fuses

player

I thought he said now there was nothing printing at all...

player

Remember to never do anything around the board with the power plugged in. Be sure to turn off the front switch, then the back switch, unplug the power, and turn the switches on and off a few times. Then to be sure wait 10 or 15 minutes to allow capacitors to drain. Be extra cautious with static.