Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help NEED HELP WITH SP540V

Discussion in 'Roland' started by curtis poirier, Jun 25, 2018.

1. what else could it be?

2. player

player Major Contributor

Apr 24, 2006
    Toronto
    1- If you were not careful, you can crack the stem (manifold) that the damper fits onto. Look for ink around the manifold.

2- If you blew a fuse or two on the main board you will not get any colors printing. Check the fuses with a meter to see if they are passing current through them. BE sure to turn off both powers, unplug cable, and turn the switches on and off. Wait 15 minutes before messing around with the internals.

3- Pump may not be working. Sometimes you can tell if it is working by putting cleaner in the caps, then doing a regular cleaning. Then check to caps and see if there is still liquid in the cap. Also check the drain bottle when cleaning to see if ink is coming through.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ok ill ck these things

4. ink is comming thru caps ck dampers no leaks , not to sure about the fuses where they are or how to check. any tips you can give me. still not printing anything

5. it might be cloged heads. how do i unclog

6. player

player Major Contributor

Apr 24, 2006
    Toronto
    I would check the fuses.

Here are a bunch of threads about fuses a VPs. The versacamm forum is also a great resource.

Here are a bunch of threads for you to sort through.
    https://www.google.ca/search?source...0i22i30k1j0i22i10i30k1j33i160k1.0.mZOVDrEDIlo

I blew a fuse on my SP540V and soldered 2 wires from the burned fuse to a separate fuse holder so I could change the fuse if it ever blew again. I taped the new fuse holder to the frame off the board.

7. what fuses do i replace look at pictures 20180703_111750_resized(1).jpg 20180703_111818_resized.jpg 20180703_111750_resized(1).jpg

Attached Files:

8. Jodean

Jodean Member

Apr 21, 2018
    SD
    did you look through the threads as told? its not a fuse like that, you wont find them unless you do a little searching for pictures. Its here, keep looking.

But dont even worry about fuses if you have megenta, the fuse f2 and f3 are each for 2 colors, one per head basically. one for M Y other for K C

9. equippaint

equippaint Active Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Florida
    Hes still waiting for someone to jump through the screen and fix it for him. Or its a top secret breakdown

10. When I blew a fuse whiling changing a head I went to an auto parts store and purchased an inline fuse and then soldered it on the motherboard which was not easy to do but if that fuse ever blows again it is an easy fix.

I know Roland does not like to see this but my printer has been out of warranty for years anyway.

Jim

11. I looked through the treads and saw pictures of fuses but there are no fuses that look like the ones in picture on my main board. And I can do without your smart a... comments. It is not helping at all. ill take picture of main board and you can so me since you know so much. thank you

12. player

player Major Contributor

Apr 24, 2006
    Toronto
    They look like grains of rice, a little bigger...

Not sure of the value but they look like this:

[​IMG]

13. theres the f201 and f202 and f1 on the right side of the two f2 fuses

14. player

player Major Contributor

Apr 24, 2006
    Toronto
    I thought he said now there was nothing printing at all...

15. ok where are they

Attached Files:

16. no nothing is on print test

17. P dont have anythinf that looks like these fuses

18. player

player Major Contributor

Apr 24, 2006
    Toronto
    See below.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  19. player

player Major Contributor

Apr 24, 2006
    Toronto
    Is that them on the bottom right corner? They should be marked F2 and F3. Others should confirm with me as it has been awhile since I have worked on one...

[​IMG]

20. player

player Major Contributor

Apr 24, 2006
    Toronto
    Remember to never do anything around the board with the power plugged in. Be sure to turn off the front switch, then the back switch, unplug the power, and turn the switches on and off a few times. Then to be sure wait 10 or 15 minutes to allow capacitors to drain. Be extra cautious with static.