• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help NEED HELP WITH SP540V

equippaint

I looked through the treads and saw pictures of fuses but there are no fuses that look like the ones in picture on my main board. And I can do without your smart a... comments. It is not helping at all. ill take picture of main board and you can so me since you know so much. thank you
If youre too dumb to identify a fuse on your board then maybe you should call a tech? Even after someone points it out to you you wont be capable enough to fix it.

equippaint

i guess theres a as hole on every site and you must be him on this site
Im actually not the resident ahole here. People wasted their time trying to help you. You did nothing but be short with people and made zero attempt to fix your problem or engage with those that offered help. I stand by what I said and will add that you come off as a rude, demanding and lazy person. There are about a million threads on fuse mods for the old Rolands, the fact that you did not even bother to search after people pointed you in this direction further strengthens my point. Enjoy your day.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I am with equippaint on this one. Being in tech support for about 5 years, I could tell with your first post you were incapable of working on your own equipment.

Getting info out of you is like pulling teeth, you don't know the common rules of posting on forums, you need too much hand holding, your not communicating properly. Call a tech and have them do it for you... You MAY be good at some things in life, but asking for help here and trying to fix your printer is NOT one of them.

I am with equippaint on this one. Being in tech support for about 5 years, I could tell with your first post you were incapable of working on your own equipment.

Getting info out of you is like pulling teeth, you don't know the common rules of posting on forums, you need too much hand holding, your not communicating properly. Call a tech and have them do it for you... You MAY be good at some things in life, but asking for help here and trying to fix your printer is NOT one of them.
well escuse me i didnt realise i was asking the wrong things and i have never been on fourm before so im sorry i didnt the right things and i did do all of the things you asked me to do i wasnt the one that started calling people stupid. so if you will feel better if you hear me say im sorry, im sorry i asked for your help and rude coments

equippaint

well escuse me i didnt realise i was asking the wrong things and i have never been on fourm before so im sorry i didnt the right things and i did do all of the things you asked me to do i wasnt the one that started calling people stupid. so if you will feel better if you hear me say im sorry, im sorry i asked for your help and rude coments
Passive aggressive apology accepted.
Im glad that you realize that you did ask for rude comments.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker

Know how I could tell your incapable of recieving help? Your first post didnt even contain a question. Just a rant about a problem, and you expected us to start giving answers to a question that wasn't asked. Then you rudely asked why no one was giving you answers quick enough. I'm suprised ANYONE here even tried to help.

I know your upset that your printer isn't working, and it's probably effecting your business but don't get upset with us because you lack the capability to express your needs, call a technician to work on your printer... Doing it yourself and trying to get info on these fourms isn't working out for you. These people on here are knoweldgable and paitent. We can lead a horse to water but can't force him to drink.

player

I am still interested in knowing where the OP's printer is at. Did he find the fuses? If so did he test them? If so, what were the results of the testing?

Anything else happen? Still zero colours from all channels?

I am still interested in knowing where the OP's printer is at. Did he find the fuses? If so did he test them? If so, what were the results of the testing?

Anything else happen? Still zero colours from all channels?
FUSES SHOULD BE HERE TODAY AND IM HAVING A SHOP PUT THEM IN FOR ME . I will let you know what happens with it

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Rather than put in the stock fuses, Id recommend you have them do this: https://signs101.com/threads/my-cus...nters-sp300v-sp540v-how-to-parts-list.110836/

I wouldn't do this if it were my machine but if you really want to do it, the guy in that post used 2 amp fuses for a machine that requires 1.6 amp fuses which is a big no no. Put the proper fuse in the machine and find the root cause of the short and you shouldn't have to replace fuses so often or never in the case of most people.

equippaint

I wouldn't do this if it were my machine but if you really want to do it, the guy in that post used 2 amp fuses for a machine that requires 1.6 amp fuses which is a big no no. Put the proper fuse in the machine and find the root cause of the short and you shouldn't have to replace fuses so often or never in the case of most people.
I agree with the proper size and fixing it properly to a certain extent. Going in search of the cause of a small blown fuse, especially if it is random, can be difficult. If you get it wrong you're back to soldering on your board again while nothing else gets done. Our roland has this setup and it blew a fuse in the middle of a job. Put a new one in it and it never happened again.

I agree with the proper size and fixing it properly to a certain extent. Going in search of the cause of a small blown fuse, especially if it is random, can be difficult. If you get it wrong you're back to soldering on your board again while nothing else gets done. Our roland has this setup and it blew a fuse in the middle of a job. Put a new one in it and it never happened again.
Well I had the fuses sodered on and still dont get anything when i do a print test. now I just have ink puddeling on top of where the wiper and spong are. I never had that before. what else can I try it cost 450.00 just to get a tech to where I live in arizona.

And they where both blown?
Well I had the fuses sodered on and still dont get anything when i do a print test. now I just have ink puddeling on top of where the wiper and spong are. I never had that before. what else can I try it cost 450.00 just to get a tech to where I live in Arizona.
and when the tech comes out he charges you for anything and everything it can be on my credit card and if he dosnt use parts he takes it off the card about a week later . the computer tech that tested them told me they were both blown . but who knows if he was right. no work for 3 weeks now so I'm kinda low on funds at this point. this really sucks for me.

equippaint

Can you explain better how the problem occured?
Initially you said yellow but now its all colors?
How long did it sit between the time it printed good until it wouldnt print?

Any other strange issues prior to this?

Can you hear the pump working?

Is the captop clean?