• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help NEED HELP WITH SP540V

Can you explain better how the problem occured?
Initially you said yellow but now its all colors?
How long did it sit between the time it printed good until it wouldnt print?

Any other strange issues prior to this?

Can you hear the pump working?

Is the captop clean?
the captop iis clean and i can hear pump working , hell i went and pumped out a set of ink carts. replaces fuses . it has been 2 weeks that it has sat but i pull ink thru with sygenge every other day and its still pluged in for reg cleaning. i put a new encoding strip on it 3 days before this happened. think that was my problrm

the captop iis clean and i can hear pump working , hell i went and pumped out a set of ink carts. replaces fuses . it has been 2 weeks that it has sat but i pull ink thru with sygenge every other day and its still pluged in for reg cleaning. i put a new encoding strip on it 3 days before this happened. think that was my problrm
it still cuts just fine. but no printing

player

Problem is these boards and machines are very sensitive. Did you remove the board to solder in the fuses? Have you tested the new fuses lately?

Transistors are something I have heard of needing replacing. But you give so little detail about what you are doing and how that it is impossible to know if you are making mistakes along the way.

Messing with the heads and dampers can crack the manifold on the head.

Problem is these boards and machines are very sensitive. Did you remove the board to solder in the fuses? Have you tested the new fuses lately?

Transistors are something I have heard of needing replacing. But you give so little detail about what you are doing and how that it is impossible to know if you are making mistakes along the way.

Messing with the heads and dampers can crack the manifold on the head.
i dont think i cracked anything and only replaced the yellow damper. no ink spill and the fuses were sodered in place with bord still in machine
im going to ck new fuses myself in the morning and dont know how to check tranistors what to look for with them

equippaint

Im not that good at anything more than basic stuff but if I had to guess at the issue, id say that it may have not capped the head right and then it sat.
You get absolutely nothing though? Not even a single spec of any color on a test print?
You could try a head soak overnight and see if it does anything. Lower the captop manually, move the head over, pinch off the drain line from the captop and then fill it with cleaning solution. Reposition the head and raise the captop back up. Turn the machine off so it wont clean.
There should be better instructions than mine if you search for head soak sp540v, possibly on youtube.
Im no expert so maybe someone else can chime in with an opinion on this too.

player

Im not that good at anything more than basic stuff but if I had to guess at the issue, id say that it may have not capped the head right and then it sat.
You get absolutely nothing though? Not even a single spec of any color on a test print?
You could try a head soak overnight and see if it does anything. Lower the captop manually, move the head over, pinch off the drain line from the captop and then fill it with cleaning solution. Reposition the head and raise the captop back up. Turn the machine off so it wont clean.
There should be better instructions than mine if you search for head soak sp540v, possibly on youtube.
Im no expert so maybe someone else can chime in with an opinion on this too.
I use "Head Height" to move the heads off the caps.

Jim Hill

theres the f201 and f202 and f1 on the right side of the two f2 fuses

Are you trying to test the fuses to see if they are blown?

The fuses are very very tiny and you might need a magnifying glass to see them.
When I blew a head fuse I decided to go to the auto parts store and I purchases an inline fuse holder and then put a small of amount of solder on the wire and then held each wire to one end of the fuse and just it with a soldering iron.

It worked great and if the fuse ever blows again it is really super easy to change a fuse.
Jim