• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need your opinion - Magnum magnetic material

gabagoo

I use magnum amgnetics too, and I remember that about 4 years ago they were running at about $225.00 per 50' roll. Now I see the price is almost half that....how? Have they outsourced to China? has the quality changed? Time will tell, although i still don't believe 4 magnets would fly off a vehicle in the same time preiod.

brush1

They ordered another 4!!!?????
They did not pick up them yet and is over a month.
Magnets are paid. I required full payment on all orders under $500 up front.
I told them if new will fly I'm not responsible for it......they still place order?????

gixxer2004

I just have my first problem with .30 magnum magnets. I put them on a truck in April 2012 and just looked at them last week and they are completely shot. They hazed the paint underneath and they are split and cracked all over. It is on a fairly flat surface and the edges are curled up. The customer was not happy at all. I emailed magnum but I doubt they will do anything about it.

signage

I just have my first problem with .30 magnum magnets. I put them on a truck in April 2012 and just looked at them last week and they are completely shot. They hazed the paint underneath and they are split and cracked all over. It is on a fairly flat surface and the edges are curled up. The customer was not happy at all. I emailed magnum but I doubt they will do anything about it.

It sound like they were left on.

Did you inform your custome that they can not be left one, they need cleaned underneith?

synergy_jim

we use about 6 rolls a month. No problems here.... we have had them blow off in the past but as soon as I asked them about care, they shut up and ordered more...

2B

we use about 6 rolls a month. No problems here.... we have had them blow off in the past but as soon as I asked them about care, they shut up and ordered more...

:goodpost:
we have a print out that is given each and every time a magnetic order is done even for the repeat customers telling them care and cleaning methods also we round the corners to stop the dog effect which is a top reason for it to come off the vehicle

Cale Frederick

We have had several bad experiences with magnetic materials over the past year so we stopped offering them. We now use Phototex and it works awesome! You can print directly to it, die cut it any way you want, use a liquid lam on it and the work 10 times better than magnets. Just make sure you wait and weed it after the liquid laminate. Customers even like it better since it looks more like vinyl graphics.

Keith Jenicek

Yep, all 4 is an amazing coincidence! I'd replace the 4 at half cost-(you're a good guy but not a sucker), explain with the above info what might be going on, and suggest permanent graphics as the best solution.

I use magnum amgnetics too, and I remember that about 4 years ago they were running at about $225.00 per 50' roll. Now I see the price is almost half that....how? Have they outsourced to China? has the quality changed? Time will tell, although i still don't believe 4 magnets would fly off a vehicle in the same time preiod.

Magnum certainly has not outsourced to China. All of Magnum's products are still produced in their two facilities in Southeastern Ohio.

Magnum Magnetics has developed a "distributor training" program to address common issues our lab group has experienced over a course of several years.

When selling car signs, ensure you tell the customer to remove the magnet often (at least twice a week) to clean the magnet and inspect for damage. Debris from the highway can cause nicks in the magnet, causing the laminate to peel, or allowing for gaps to occur - which air can get caught under, creating a "weak" attraction.

When your customers clean their signs, ensure that they use a gentle mild detergent soap (such as dish soap) rather than harsh chemicals.

If your customers are storing the signs between use, it is best to store the signs flat. However, if your customer needs to roll their sign, ensure they roll the signs with the graphics out. Magnets get memory easily. If your customer rolls the magnet with graphics inward, the ends of the magnet will curl, allowing air to easily get between the vehicle and magnet, causing the magnet to appear "weak".

Magnum also recommends a 2-day waiting period for any wax applied to the vehicle to cure, before applying magnetic signs.

Magnets left on vehicles too long could "weld" itself to the surface.

Also, when storing magnetic rolls, ensure you label the date you received the product. The average shelf-life of an unfinished magnetic product is 1 year.

Magnum's Distributor training also addresses production heat and tension issues that could cause problems post-production. Additionally, Magnum provides their distributors with critical sales qualifying assistance, to ensure your customers are getting the best Magnum brand material for their intended use.

If you want to sign up to view the Magnum VIP Distributor Training, click here: https://www.magnummagnetics.com/accounts/vip-createaccount.aspx
or call a customer service representative to create an account today. 800.258.0991.

Mosh

Asphalt paving = gypsies. They are just wanting more signs for free. Trust me, I know lots of these "Pavers", I bet they do "seal coating" and "ligthing rods" and "tree trimming" too. Ask them, I am being 100% serious, they are travelers.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Magnum Magnetics has developed a "distributor training" program to address common issues our lab group has experienced over a course of several years.

When selling car signs, ensure you tell the customer to remove the magnet often (at least twice a week) to clean the magnet and inspect for damage. Debris from the highway can cause nicks in the magnet, causing the laminate to peel, or allowing for gaps to occur - which air can get caught under, creating a "weak" attraction.

When your customers clean their signs, ensure that they use a gentle mild detergent soap (such as dish soap) rather than harsh chemicals.

If your customers are storing the signs between use, it is best to store the signs flat. However, if your customer needs to roll their sign, ensure they roll the signs with the graphics out. Magnets get memory easily. If your customer rolls the magnet with graphics inward, the ends of the magnet will curl, allowing air to easily get between the vehicle and magnet, causing the magnet to appear "weak".

Magnum also recommends a 2-day waiting period for any wax applied to the vehicle to cure, before applying magnetic signs.

Magnets left on vehicles too long could "weld" itself to the surface.

Also, when storing magnetic rolls, ensure you label the date you received the product. The average shelf-life of an unfinished magnetic product is 1 year.

Magnum's Distributor training also addresses production heat and tension issues that could cause problems post-production. Additionally, Magnum provides their distributors with critical sales qualifying assistance, to ensure your customers are getting the best Magnum brand material for their intended use.

If you want to sign up to view the Magnum VIP Distributor Training, click here: https://www.magnummagnetics.com/accounts/vip-createaccount.aspx
or call a customer service representative to create an account today. 800.258.0991.

:goodpost: :thankyou:

I would also add to your list: Do not store magnetic signs in the trunk or back seat of a vehicle where the heat can cause them to waffle.

pjfmeister

I had a paving company claim the same thing...even came to the shop...when I went out and inspected his truck I found two of the magnets in the back of his truck. He said he lost 6 of them at once......straight up lie...
I only use magnum material it seems to be the best so when a customer looses one I can refer them back to the inspection sheet they received at purchase and help them find the missing magnet at a local car wash..

brush1

They placed order for another 4???!!!
I never replaced what they lost.
Never ever have problem with Magnum for over 15 years.
Customers need to sign instruction for care....included no warranty for magnets when they pick up order so I was covered.....
but is allways possible to have bad roll of material.....your experience signs101 was very important.
Thank you all

Baz

I always instruct my clients on proper care with these types of signs. I also make up a coroplast folder for my clients to store their mags in when not in use.

.... And no warranty on magnetic signs! So be carefull with them.

I just posted THREE DAYS ago about how I've been having problems with these magnets. http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103810

Fresh, I JUST got on this forum today and have been looking around. We discovered someone purchased our material after researching us on this forum, so I decided to join to get a great voice of the customer. Now that I have seen your post, I sent your information to our Director of Product Development. The dead spots are a real issue we take seriously at Magnum. If you could please tell us (via private message) who your distributor is, we can research this down to hopefully get to the bottom of the issue. We are always happy to help, so please feel free to reach out to our customer service representatives. Even if you do not buy directly from us, knowing who your vendor is will help us track any 'bad batches' down a lot quicker.

Our customer service representatives can be reached at 800.258.0991, or you can contact us via our website at www.magnummagnetics.com.

Thank you for your insight and feedback!!

I'm pretty sure Magnum is manufactured in China and I've heard that the Chinese are now using cheaper grades of magnetism in their material. They water it down with lead which makes the material heavier and more prone to falling off, in combination with weaker magnetic poles. Just can't get good stuff anymore.

SignManiac, Magnum Magnetics has been proudly operating in Southeastern Ohio since 1991. All of our products are manufactured between two plants in Ohio.
www.magnummagnetics.com, or Google us to see our location.

We absolutely do not use lead in our products. In fact, we list all of our safety compliances on our website, at:
http://www.magnummagnetics.com/media/customer-resources/

We take our products very seriously, and have extensive product development and product testing teams who work hard to manufacture products we can be proud of, and products that our customers can be proud to sell.

If you have any specific requests for products, please reach out to our product development team at 800.258.0991. Ask for Doug, and he will help you get "the good stuff" you need for your customers!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
WOW........ :omg:

Your responses are spot on. You are taking the bull by the horns and getting things done. I am completely impressed. :thumb:

We've been a customer of yours for many many years and I can't say I remember one problem, other than the ones committed by the consumer beneath us.
You... and your company are a truly upstanding company and I am happy to be a part of your kinda thinking............. :unclesam: