• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Building!!

wildside

We are doing the closing this afternoon on our new location!!

we have finally purchased a building and telling the landlord to stick it!!

we are doing some restructuring on what we will continue to offer and adding some new things in the process. I am absolutely fricken thrilled about this.....if ya couldn't tell....:Big Laugh

wildside

still working on it.......

2000 sq foot of carpet removal

2000 sq foot of tile removal

2000 G*#DA@N sq foot of black tar removal that the tiles were glued with, only took 6 gallons of rapid remover and 13 gallons of mineral spirits to remove and still some spots here and there..............

that floor buffer we rented will never be the same :omg:...oh i wouldn't rent that one again....lol....

purple and green walls are now gone....

these were taken on my phone, i will get a real camera over there soon, we are painting the floors tonight!!! :rock-n-roll:

Attachments

• IMG00166.jpg
    IMG00166.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG00172.jpg
    IMG00172.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG00167.jpg
    IMG00167.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG00179.jpg
    IMG00179.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG00177.jpg
    IMG00177.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 78

Craig Sjoquist

wonders why remove a tile floor in good shape, and wonders the tar removal, scraping and heat then clean .

Congrates on new shop, don't tell landlord to stick it ,, never piss off a alligator when you cross a bridge you may need to come back over.

be great to see the new improved shop good luck

wildside

always remove tiles that are smaller than 12".....:wink:... but do so quietly....:thumb:

the tar had to go, i want concrete floors anyway, it is an old federal bank building, has 12" thick concrete basement walls, 8" thick concrete main floor, 6" thick concrete floor and 8" thick concrete roof, all bricked on the outside

it was considered a bomb shelter in the basement, windloads should withstand a direct hit from an f4 tornado..... yeah i feel safe in it...:Big Laugh

ohhhh, it even still has the old 1960 iron vault door intact, the vault room is a 2 hour burn vault......concrete and iron lined walls...try and steal my files in that room :peace!:

John L

Regarding the asphalt glue... always avoid it if you can, but if plans insist on removal... next time. Use no thinnners or you just make Muck. Remove tile, let it air out and dry a day or so, and then rent a floor grinder and buy a set of "Dyma-Sert" bits. Clean the bits with a wire brush every so often. Faster results, a much better job, cleaner and cheaper in the long run.

Looks like a nice space. Good luck to you.

W

wetgravy

Congrats on the space, looks like a great place to grow into.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Legs get very tired quickly when standing on cement all day... believe me. There is no 'Give' to cement. You might wanna think about using more than cushioning and carpet to go back down. If you're gonna leave the floors painted cement, you'll need mats everywhere. Then it becomes a safety hazard.... always tripping over them and their bunching up. Think about it.

Malkin

I spent the last 7 years in a shop space much like what you have there (cement on all 6 sides). There only thing between the cement and our shoes was a thin layer of commercial carpet. It was a little hard on the feet, though we got used to it.

The space we just moved into has a traditional plywood floor with a nice layer of padding under the carpet... it practically felt luxurious.

Mosh

Having a landord would SUCK! You will be so much better off. Keep in mind all the up-keep (roof, heating/cooling, parking lot maint.) all that still costs. But you own it! I have heated conrete floors on my shop and they don't make me tired. Easier to clean than carpet any day! Well I guess it is non-slip ceramic tiles over the concrete, they ran around $7 sq foot.

wildside

concrete is so much easier to deal with, to clean up, and if i drop something i dont have to worry about a tile breaking. plus in the embroidery room, finding needles that went flying with your foot hurts, concrete dont let that happen.

We are actually squeezing into this building, it is smaller than what we have now, but i bought the 3 lots next to it to put up a shop in a few months i hope....

i have been trying to buy this building for years and the landlord will not budge, in fact she even told me she wants me out anyway, says i cost her to much money..... ya know by making her replace the furnace when it went out last year, and telling her to fix the leaking roof, that still leaks, her husband is nooooooo contractor.:omg: so i found a building that would work and have some room to do some things on the property

we are getting ready to shut down in a few days and begin the move so rushing to finish the building as best i can before we get headed over there

i will miss my big shop i have now though......

Attachments

• DSC01144.jpg
    DSC01144.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 45

wildside

here are some updated photos of the progress on the building.

With the blizzard, computer gremlins, wifes grandma passing, baby doctor appointments and issues, along with trying to move and build client projects, it has been dragging along.....

Attachments

• DSC03730.JPG
    DSC03730.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC03729.JPG
    DSC03729.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC03728.JPG
    DSC03728.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC03723.JPG
    DSC03723.JPG