• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New logo

Craig Sjoquist

I'm confused... is this a advertisement that you do wraps and your calling them thin skinned armor
OR
Your business name is ..thin skinned armor ..(poor choice of words besides)

Here is a suggestion .. ask people how they would search the internet to find full color advertisements & prints for cars and trucks word it that way for your business name

MikePro

any way i think of pitching in my $.02 is to keep going back and wanting to rename it...

some comments may seem harsh, but you've come to the right place for an "outsiders' opinion"
p.s. i like where pete's going with it, though. split up "Thin Skin" and "Armour" fo'sho

petesign

Decided I might as well finish it out. Here is my idea for ya.

Attachments

• thin-skin2.jpg
    thin-skin2.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 82

Jillbeans

For starters, I have been taught since I was in grade school art class never to use that shade of red with that shade of blue.
It makes the eyeballs vibrate.
Beyond that, it is a jumbled mess of boring fonts, bad kerning, icky diamond plate, and just bad in general.
It reads oddly and is very unprofessional in appearance.
Love.....Jill

iSign

oh, I get it...

the silver shape is a diamond!
and the blue shape is a plate!

...is it too late to change the name?

stoneandtle

The blue exported much lighter than it really is...it's actually a dark blue.

I'll take all your suggestions and see what I can come up with.

The phrase itself is actually used in the military - when discussing thin body armor. Seemed appropriate for vehicles since the film does essentially the same thing except for the car.

ABPGraphics

For starters, I have been taught since I was in grade school art class never to use that shade of red with that shade of blue.
It makes the eyeballs vibrate.
Beyond that, it is a jumbled mess of boring fonts, bad kerning, icky diamond plate, and just bad in general.
It reads oddly and is very unprofessional in appearance.
Love.....Jill

You ever seen Forrest green & pink together - talk about eye vibration!!!!! :omg:

Attachments

• ouch.jpg
    ouch.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 68

petesign

^^^ I Think i have been spending too much time on facebook lately. I was looking for the "like" button on that post :)

W

wetgravy

Not feeling it ... too many different and oddly placed elements. You have 3 fonts in 3 different colors with 3 different effects (mainly stokes and outlines) on the logo, there is a light light blue to white gradient circle with a lighter blue or white car outline that you just can't see surrounded by another blue circle with white text and a light grey outline on the text ... needs some sort of contrasting element. you have a repeating diamond plate in a background ... shield? ... that doesn't really read as an element that would/could support diamond plate as well as it is the only thing that has shading, gradients, form and shape to the surface. and over all I count 7 distinct colors. Try to limit your choices down. try to stick with 2 typefaces maximum starting out, maximum of 2 colors, maybe a stroke on one typeface limit your colors down to 2 or 3 colors to start ... heck ... one color is best to start if you are just quickly designing. And try to work on some consistent design for your elements, similar strokes around shield elements (both in color and width), try to come up with sketches first before going to the computer ... will help flush out bad/good ideas and elements in a rough stage.

AUTO-FX

Here, this is getting better.

Attachments

• thin skin burg.jpg
    thin skin burg.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

stoneandtle

Ok...what do you think of this? I simplified the entire design, fonts, and color combination. With something like this I would add a photo to the bottom instead of the vehicle silhouette so that there isn't much 'dead' space in the bottom, but this is the general idea.

Attachments

• new thin skin armor logo 4-1.jpg
    new thin skin armor logo 4-1.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

mikey-Oh

much better than the first! :thumb: still a quite a ways to go! please keep working and push the design past your comfort level.

kinda loosing the hierarchy still, the name really needs to pop most as everything else is ancillary

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Your color at the bottom makes it very bottom heavy and the arrow also takes you eyes immediately off the design. The black outline on the red is basically closing up your main letters. Although they say a picture is worth a 1,000 words…. you have to find the right picture first…. and that isn’t it.

Your picture uses up more than 40% to 50% of your design and it doesn’t serve any purpose.

Rework your colors and try to keep the eye on your creation. Don’t purposely be pointing your eye off the canvas.

stoneandtle

Your color at the bottom makes it very bottom heavy and the arrow also takes you eyes immediately off the design. The black outline on the red is basically closing up your main letters. Although they say a picture is worth a 1,000 words…. you have to find the right picture first…. and that isn’t it.

Your picture uses up more than 40% to 50% of your design and it doesn’t serve any purpose.

Rework your colors and try to keep the eye on your creation. Don’t purposely be pointing your eye off the canvas.

I was thinking of using a picture at the bottom that outlines where the paint protection film would cover...maybe when I update the picture below it may help it come together more than the silhouette that's there currently.

My thought was you would read 'paint protection film'...then follow down to 'thin skin armor' to reinforce protection in your mind...then finally down to the picture that shows the areas of the car outlined that would be protected. So it is leading you top to bottom...but I see I may need to work on how to close the logo toward the bottom like you suggested.

I actually hadn't thought of it being a downward pointing arrow until you mentioned it...I only saw a 'triangle'. :)

petesign

I still think it's too much. Lose the car entirely, or build the logo around the car - not the car into the logo.

stoneandtle

I'm looking at a picture that looks something similar to this...this is just a mockup.

Attachments

• new thin skin armor logo 4-3.jpg
    new thin skin armor logo 4-3.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 100