• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New logo

Malkin

I was thinking of using a picture at the bottom that outlines where the paint protection film would cover...maybe when I update the picture below it may help it come together more than the silhouette that's there currently.

My thought was you would read 'paint protection film'...then follow down to 'thin skin armor' to reinforce protection in your mind...then finally down to the picture that shows the areas of the car outlined that would be protected. So it is leading you top to bottom...but I see I may need to work on how to close the logo toward the bottom like you suggested.

I actually hadn't thought of it being a downward pointing arrow until you mentioned it...I only saw a 'triangle'. :)

Problem here is that the first thing the viewer will read is the "THIN SKIN ARMOR". People don't see/read graphic elements like a book, rather they will read the first thing that jumps out, then follow where ever the eye is led. In this case, the arrow leads the eye right out of the design.

stoneandtle

Here's a version using a different format that I think helps with the heirarchy problem that was mentioned. It also pulls the car in to the logo a little better I think and makes it easier to identify what the paint protection covers using the bold "PAINT PROTECTION FILM" as well as the identifying marks on the vehicle. I think it also helps pull the black outline around the name into the logo.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• new thin skin armor logo 5.jpg
    new thin skin armor logo 5.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

ForgeInc

Some advice I would throw out there is to stay away from photos in your logo. Think simple. Also, you should print out your designs both small and large when designing. Look at it say...an inch big. Can you read everything? If not, your viewers won't either if at a distance.

Check out Wiliams Signs' example. Something like that is on the money. SIMPLE! The "ARMOUR" is big and bold, perfect. "thin skin" is a thinner, slightly smaller typeface. Then a simple line drawing illustrating the concept of your product. Plus, it can be read both big and small.

Try and use that as inspiration...it really is a solid direction.

stoneandtle

Some advice I would throw out there is to stay away from photos in your logo. Think simple. Also, you should print out your designs both small and large when designing. Look at it say...an inch big. Can you read everything? If not, your viewers won't either if at a distance.

Check out Wiliams Signs' example. Something like that is on the money. SIMPLE! The "ARMOUR" is big and bold, perfect. "thin skin" is a thinner, slightly smaller typeface. Then a simple line drawing illustrating the concept of your product. Plus, it can be read both big and small.

Try and use that as inspiration...it really is a solid direction.

I liked the way that logo looked, but the first thing that came to mind when I saw it was CAR COVER. Isn't that what you would think at first glance?

As much as I don't want to use a photo, I don't think there's another way to convey what this product is other than using an actual photo to help convey the idea that it's film on select areas of the vehicle. The only problem I have with the picture right now is trying to find a way to let people know it's not colored - it's completely clear, practically invisible. I want to change the semi-transparent color from 'red' to a color closer to the vehicle, but I'm not sure anyone will see it very easily if I do that.

I will most likely make a version without the vehicle in it for very small versions of the logo - like letterheard, basically shrink it from the bottom to the top and flatten the text so it reads from left to right. Something like this...see photo.

Attachments

• new thin skin armor logo 5-1.jpg
    new thin skin armor logo 5-1.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 91
W

wetgravy

I personally think that if I were going to have a vehicle on my logo ... I would go with something that wouldn't be identified visually as one brand vs the other ... I would go with a deformed funny car or hot rod illustration like http://bit.ly/h1V75u

And I have to agree, petesign's design is growing on me. Definantly a place of inspiration. Also, google "shield logo" as an additional source. In particular look at how most have limited palettes, the design is solid and evenly balanced.

Jillbeans

Glad you lost the triangle idea.
But your last one has little or no contrast on the name
(can't read it from the thumbnail)
It pretty much looks (still) like typed text.
I hate the angled certified installers part.
And your font choices are just meh.
And as much as I loathe the old done to death "bookpage" looking peeled up effect, this is one of those times where it might be OK to use it.
I don't mean to sound like a beeyotch, and don't get me wrong, it's better than your other attempts, but it's only mediocre at best.
Love.....Jill

visual800

its top heavy, colors are horrible and the car needs to be ditched. ditch the diamond plate also. concentrate on thin Skin Armour and what it is without distracting people with other pretty elements.

my 2 cents

Locals Find!

Here's a version using a different format that I think helps with the heirarchy problem that was mentioned. It also pulls the car in to the logo a little better I think and makes it easier to identify what the paint protection covers using the bold "PAINT PROTECTION FILM" as well as the identifying marks on the vehicle. I think it also helps pull the black outline around the name into the logo.

Thoughts?

I liked the way that logo looked, but the first thing that came to mind when I saw it was CAR COVER. Isn't that what you would think at first glance?

As much as I don't want to use a photo, I don't think there's another way to convey what this product is other than using an actual photo to help convey the idea that it's film on select areas of the vehicle. The only problem I have with the picture right now is trying to find a way to let people know it's not colored - it's completely clear, practically invisible. I want to change the semi-transparent color from 'red' to a color closer to the vehicle, but I'm not sure anyone will see it very easily if I do that.

I will most likely make a version without the vehicle in it for very small versions of the logo - like letterheard, basically shrink it from the bottom to the top and flatten the text so it reads from left to right. Something like this...see photo.

As banner ads for a website or in print I see these have potential. As a logo. Not so good. Don't ditch these though toss them into a folder. They may come in handy later.

I know it's cheesy but it's somewhat iconic.

Now what Jill is going with has some potential work from that. Her design is simple and clean.

signmeup

Adtechia's right. Post 45 and 47 are banner adds. I tossed a few elements together. Hope it might be some help to you. I made "thin skin" ....thin and "armour" ....armoured.

Attachments

• ThinSkin.jpg
    ThinSkin.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 75

WildWestDesigns

One more in the ring.

That always was my favorite shield/badge design.

To me seeing "armor" in the title just makes me think of a shield(or badge). I don't know why.

OP: I wouldn't use a vehicle. People might think that you only do wraps and films for cars, not trucks or SUVs(maybe you don't though). I wouldn't try to subconsciously limit your market. You may not intend it, but who knows sometimes what goes on in a customer's mind.