• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New logo

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Mine fails at most of the advice already given, but I think more than one winning layout has already been posted so this was just for the practice.

wayne k
guam usa

Attachments

• thin-skin.jpg
    thin-skin.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 80

stoneandtle

Ok, I took a lot of the advice offered. I removed the vehicle and the "extra" stuff that didn't seem necessary like the "certified installers" tag.

I think this is pretty basic, but gets the point across without being too specific. I went with a flying rock that hits a surface above the logo to show protection from 'what' and changed the keyphrase to "SURFACE PROTECTION FILM" so as to be not specific to vehicles (mentioned in one of the posts as being too specific to a particular product which I have to agree with).

The armadillo one looks really good though...that one has a lot of potential. And the one with the orange center with the peelback looks pretty cool too!

How do either of these look?

Attachments

• new thin skin armor logo 6.jpg
    new thin skin armor logo 6.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 89
  • new thin skin armor logo 6-2.jpg
    new thin skin armor logo 6-2.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 84
  • new thin skin armor logo 6-3.jpg
    new thin skin armor logo 6-3.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

Dave Drane

Mine fails at most of the advice already given, but I think more than one winning layout has already been posted so this was just for the practice.

wayne k
guam usa

Nice Wayne, but a graphic car is what it needs. You are on the right track by far!:thumb:

Locals Find!

Ok, I took a lot of the advice offered. I removed the vehicle and the "extra" stuff that didn't seem necessary like the "certified installers" tag.

I think this is pretty basic, but gets the point across without being too specific. I went with a flying rock that hits a surface above the logo to show protection from 'what' and changed the keyphrase to "SURFACE PROTECTION FILM" so as to be not specific to vehicles (mentioned in one of the posts as being too specific to a particular product which I have to agree with).

The armadillo one looks really good though...that one has a lot of potential. And the one with the orange center with the peelback looks pretty cool too!

I like #3 I would only make one small change I would change "surface" to "Vehicle" or put "Vehicle Surface"

Then I think you got it.

iSign

I'm sure you want the truth, so they are not working...

nobody in the world will ever know that thing is a rock... lose the rock...

The font has been distorted to death.. lose the distortion on the T and A... I mean we all like properly proportioned T and A, right? fix it!

A tag line above the primary copy? I don't think so...

AUTO-FX

Avery Nano-fusion uses a VERY similar rock-bounce graphic in their marketing material - I dont know if that might present a conflict...are you using their film?

Jillbeans

Heath, I like what you did.
Tiki, outstanding as ever.
Stone, have you read anything that anyone has suggested?
It looks like the same typed text.
No contrast on the first one and no appeal on any of them.
Not trying to be mean, just being honest.

stoneandtle

Heath, I like what you did.
Tiki, outstanding as ever.
Stone, have you read anything that anyone has suggested?
It looks like the same typed text.
No contrast on the first one and no appeal on any of them.
Not trying to be mean, just being honest.

I know nobody likes that text, but I'm having a tough time leaving it for some reason. What can I say...I like blocky characters - but at the same time, I need to push beyond and think in more fluid terms. I'll start from scratch and ditch the font.

And, YES, please be honest! I don't want sugar coated comments, thanks!

Last edited:

stoneandtle

Avery Nano-fusion uses a VERY similar rock-bounce graphic in their marketing material - I dont know if that might present a conflict...are you using their film?

Yes, it's actually the reason I put it on there. I took a gamble that most on this board haven't seen their marketing material, so I was curious what everyone thought of something like this (although I will say this is a very rough version of how they use it). Didn't seem to go over well with most here. I figured if it did go over well here I could contact Avery and see if they had a problem with it, or create an alternative to it. But, like I said, it didn't go over well here anyway. I didn't think the third one was that bad...the two raised letters offered a bridge point that represented the 'film' with a description right below it. I changed it to 'surface' instead of vehicle because in the marketing course I was part of the idea was to try to market this film beyond vehicles - like elevators, hub caps, bar tops, etc.

Back to the drawing board this time...

Last edited:

stoneandtle

I went back and added the shield into the logo. I created a second version with the "A" at normal height, since I've been drilled more than a few times on changing character size. :) However, I kind of like the larger "A".

This getting any better?

Attachments

• new thin skin armor logo 8.jpg
    new thin skin armor logo 8.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 82
  • new thin skin armor logo 8-1.jpg
    new thin skin armor logo 8-1.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 80

iSign

much better in my opinion...

show us with a real "O" in that same font & size, then convert to outlines, and node edit to remove the circular knock out of the O center, and replace with the shield shape.. add "protection" text... this one could stand alone in black & white too

stoneandtle

much better in my opinion...

show us with a real "O" in that same font & size, then convert to outlines, and node edit to remove the circular knock out of the O center, and replace with the shield shape.. add "protection" text... this one could stand alone in black & white too

Doing it like that looks weird to me...like trying to put a square peg in a round hole? It adds a lot of open space above the top part of the "O". And if I bring the shield up over the top of the "O" it ends up cutting the top off of it so to speak and looks really weird. Seems better to let your eye fill in the "O" details without the "O" actually being there to me...

But, I must be heading in the right direction, because now my friends think it's too boring LOL

Attachments

• new thin skin armor logo 8-3.jpg
    new thin skin armor logo 8-3.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 73

stoneandtle

Here's a different version with the regular "O".

And one with an outline around the shield in the "O".

Added more space around the "O" in the last one.

The "O" with the shield inside is growing on me the more I look at it...

Attachments

• new thin skin armor logo 8-5.jpg
    new thin skin armor logo 8-5.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 81
  • new thin skin armor logo 8-7.jpg
    new thin skin armor logo 8-7.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 91
  • new thin skin armor logo 8-71.jpg
    new thin skin armor logo 8-71.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 74
Last edited: