• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New logo

stoneandtle

Better.....but
That's an awfully weak looking font for something you want to appear strong, like armor.

You may be right...a bolder, thicker font does look a little better, and the shield fits better in this "O" too.

Does this look like a professional logo in your opinion? Or is it still lacking?

Attachments

• new thin skin armor logo 8-81.jpg
    new thin skin armor logo 8-81.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 56
  • new thin skin armor logo 8-81 BW.jpg
    new thin skin armor logo 8-81 BW.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

stoneandtle

Does it look worse or better if I add inner prisms to the letters?

Attachments

• new thin skin armor logo 8-9.jpg
    new thin skin armor logo 8-9.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 55

SignManiac

Damn, missed that. Black and white works good! Try shifting the THIN SKIN over and line up with the left edge of the R. It looks off balance to me.

stoneandtle

Here's one more version. It's quite a bit different than the first.

I like the last one the best.

Attachments

• new thin skin armor logo 9.jpg
    new thin skin armor logo 9.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 62
  • new thin skin armor logo 9-1.jpg
    new thin skin armor logo 9-1.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 53
  • new thin skin armor logo 9-2.jpg
    new thin skin armor logo 9-2.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 57
  • new thin skin armor logo 9-3.jpg
    new thin skin armor logo 9-3.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 47
  • new thin skin armor logo 9-4.jpg
    new thin skin armor logo 9-4.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 39
  • new thin skin armor logo 9-4red.jpg
    new thin skin armor logo 9-4red.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

Deaton Design

So many great ideas here. Thought I would try one too.
I kind of stayed with the shield idea but stylized it more.

Attachments

• armor.jpg
    armor.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 72

iSign

Here's one more version. It's quite a bit different than the first.

I like the last one the best.

I'm liking your latest direction the best of all you've done... I saw the first one last night but was too tired to post... I think it has potential, and would be all yours... (although there sure are outstanding examples of how others might handle this)

try the squint test... just looking at your thumbnails, the medium toned shield color robs all your contrast so try a lighter one.... you like the red one but I think it's the worst right now.

Last night there was no gradient. Without the gradient, I'm sure you noticed black on red was challenging, which drove you to the gradient... but unless you want to go pink... back away from the red...

try a pastel blue, peach, lime, yellow, silver... try silver for the shield... or yellow... I think you can make that layout pop a lot better simply making that change..

I like the thin font, and then the thick one. The large A and R look good, but how are you at node editing? If you can tweak the line weight on the two large characters, you can make them fit with the rest of the word better... being taller & wider looks ok, but I think the proportionate enlargement makes the stroke fatter & that should be altered to better flow with the word...

last this, I think having the bottom of the traditional shield shape missing is bugging me... I have an idea, so I'll try it for you...

TheSellOut

So many good ideas by everyone. I was sitting here thinking just how much talent there is.

It's neat to see the diversity of talent too!! Speaking of "neat", Neato ought to be chiming in here with something magnificent soon....

To any newbie designers following this thread, take note of SignMeUp's post #116. You hear a lot of good designers saying to design in b/w or greyscale first, and once you have have your design, then you can add color and/or effects...which you see SignMe has his original greyscale image that works very well and, only then, by adding color and effects does it make the image look even better...Nice work SignMe!

SignManiac

It really sucks that there's no end to the possibilities, which makes it even harder to decide on one only? I boils down to personal taste I guess. Here's one more that popped into my head. If I were spending more time on it, I would modify the bottoms of the ribbon panel to something more linear.

There sure are a lot of great ideas being shown.

Attachments

• thinskin3.jpg
    thinskin3.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 59