• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

No more Paypal for me!!!

gfgraphics

I sold 13 items on Ebay in the last month. Closed out my fair & festival business. All item were shipped within 24 hrs. of payment receipt. There were no customer complaints and everyone was happy. The last 3 sales were paid for and Paypal decided to hold the payments for 21 days or until 3 days after proof of delivery. I called paypal to question this and was told they could not give out that information, but it was policy. I then stated to Paypal that I was going to check to see if this was in fact legal and the rep hung up on me. Five minutes later I get a email from Paypal stating that due to security issues my account was closed and they would send me an email in 180 days telling me how to retrieve my balance.

Paypal is not governed by banking rules as it is a money processor and can actually due what it wants to. Just don't say the word legal to them or make them angry at you, or you will have problems.

Check out www.aboutpaypal.org
GOOD LUCK

2B

Never liked them and refuse to accept payments through them. too much of a PITA plus scenarios like yours, where they do as the feel and no one to complain to about them

gfgraphics

Everyone that has good results and dealings with Paypal, it is only a matter of time. They are getting worse and worse. Just think how much they are making by holding funds for 180 days and collecting the interest.

There are numerous lawsuits filed already. Ebay owns Paypal and you have to be able to accept Paypal to actively sell anything there.

When I told the Paypal rep that I had items still listed on Ebay- she advised me to cancel them due to not being able to take Paypal.

Kind of a monopoly.

CheapVehicleWrap

Everyone that has good results and dealings with Paypal, it is only a matter of time. They are getting worse and worse. Just think how much they are making by holding funds for 180 days and collecting the interest.

There are numerous lawsuits filed already. Ebay owns Paypal and you have to be able to accept Paypal to actively sell anything there.

When I told the Paypal rep that I had items still listed on Ebay- she advised me to cancel them due to not being able to take Paypal.

Kind of a monopoly.

Whoaa.. please start another thread to bash ebay itself.. just to keep things organized.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
I guess I should feel lucky. I have probably done over 3000 transactions through paypal and only 2-3 issues. Both ended up being resolved.

It is especially useful for international customers that don't want to call in credit card info or the lack of security of emailing me their card. Some also prefer to not give out credit card data to me and feel more comfortable using the paypal interface

If anyone has a suggestion to an alternative for paypal I would love to hear them. I think I have been asked about Google checkout but only 2x as long as I can remember

John Butto

Have bought and sold a lot using PayPal and it is the best security for buying on the internet, if there is a holdup for some reason it is probably on the buyers end and the way they have it set up. Ebay has owned it for years and it works better for the buyers and sellers in case there is a problem with monies not being received.

qmr55

I have used PayPal since I was a little kid selling useless stuff on eBay. Have easily over 1000 transactions on there and have can count the issues I've had on one hand. I also must add those issues, have all been resolved without problem.

Now having said that, I wan't to praise google checkout and wish everyone would start using it because it is better than paypal and there are not hidden fees and transaction fees like paypal has. It is run by google (duh) and is located in the US so if you ever have any problems they are easy to contact. Just all around a great service that they offer.

WildWestDesigns

I guess I should feel lucky. I have probably done over 3000 transactions through paypal and only 2-3 issues. Both ended up being resolved.

It is especially useful for international customers that don't want to call in credit card info or the lack of security of emailing me their card. Some also prefer to not give out credit card data to me and feel more comfortable using the paypal interface

I'm pretty much in the same boat. I have only had 2 issues with paypal. Both were quickly resolved and without issue.

I have found that most people though like to use the paypal interface and they can either use CC through that, or if they already have funds on there they can use that.

petepaz

i don't know alot about paypal but i assume there is a service charge (and i don't know how much) but if you do enough sales through them wouldn't it make sence to get a credicard set up from your bank or who ever handles that in your area. then when you process the cards you get your money. this way people can pay you when they pick up or you deliver, on the phone, online via your website. alot of customers we deal with have purchasing agents and they have company credit cards so as long as you don't go over their approved amount to spend everything goes right through.

gfgraphics

I fully understand that some like Paypal and have used it repeatedly with no problems. I just want people to know that there are not many rules and regulations governing Paypal, and that they can do what they want.

I just think 6 months of holding funds is a little excessive and that I should be able to know what they based their decision to close my account on.

And like I said before I hope it never happens to any of you, but it could any day out of the clear blue. So just beware. I will never say a good thing about them again.

royster13

Because of the volume I do, I am at 2.5% plus C$0.30 per transaction.....PayPal is an easy to figure out flat fee.....Last time I checked with my bank they would not match the rate and had a schedule of different rates for different types of cards that was 10 or 15 pages long...I also like PayPal invoices that allow my clients to pay me without the concern of giving me their cc#s....

Steve C.

Probably 90% of my font sales are through PayPal...never a problem in 10 yrs.
A few customer disputes, all resolved in my favor.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
We have three separate accounts at PayPal and have had for a number of years. 1,000's of transactions, two disputes. One dispute with an overseas buyer who wouldn't pay for any kind of shipping that included tracking ... then complained that he never received our shipment. The other was our own PayPal debit card had the number stolen and used. PayPal promptly refunded the charge and replaced our debit card. One of our accounts was just reduced to a rate of 2.2% + 30¢ per transaction.

By contrast, our merchant services account for our in-house card swiper charges us all kinds of different rates ... all higher and offers us nothing in the way of fraud protection. Over the years we have lost every claim filed against a charge, all of which were stolen credit cards that they approved and later charged us back on.

In an imperfect world that largely runs on credit cards, I prefer PayPal any day of the week.

fmg

I had two payments frozen from my A/c a couple of years ago.I questioned them why this was "Suspicious activity" was their answer.I had to submit numerous facsimiles with documents that I was an actual living person. They are walking a fine line with me after the humiliation they put me through.
One way traffic with their company

brdss

Whoaa.. please start another thread to bash ebay itself.. just to keep things organized.

Can't distinguish the difference between Paypal and ebay, as they are the same company. Paypal USED to be awesome, and the fees were not that bad, until ebay figured out they vould corner the market.

They bought Paypal, then eliminated the ability to accept other money processors on the site (used to use several)

I have used both feebay and paypal for years, and yes there has been issues. I actually had some items I sold (new satellite dishes that I used to sell hundreads of) on a regular basis. Had a customer buy two, attempt to install themselves instead of hiring someone who knew what they were doing, and screwed them up. Several weeks later, Paypal credits the customer for all the merchandise! So now they not only got the money back, but also got to keep the items!:banghead:

Paypal and feebay suck. I try not to sell much anymore, but do buy things occasionally.