• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Official: Whiskey Thread

SignosaurusRex

smooooooooth

If you like Knob Creek, for a few dollars more you will be smitten by Basil Hayden. It too is one of the small batch distillery brands owned by Jim Beam. These small batch distilleries include Knob Creek, Basil Hayden, Bakers, as well as Bookers. The Bookers is the priciest of all but is straight from the barrel and uncut with water, just like great grand-dad got when he went and had his jug filled. Bookers should be cut in the glass with a splash of distilled water but its not totally needed. I prefer it naked from the bottle.

D2S

Big Crown Royal drinker... damn you guys for making me want a drink at 2:00 in the afternoon when I have t shirts to print

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Big Crown Royal drinker... damn you guys for making me want a drink at 2:00 in the afternoon when I have t shirts to print

I just read this thread and have never been so thirsty before for a glass of whiskey at 1 in the afternoon... maybe I can cut out early today.

Blazingsun

bob's right about the vodka. A man that was a whiskey salesman told us a long time ago, not to spend money on expensive vodka.... it all does the same thing and there is no difference between the true vodkas. It's all advertisement hype and name recognition.

On the Note of Vodkas tasteless and not a big Vodka Fan myself but has anyone tried LIV it has a vanilla banana tast and is very smooth..

And Always in the house is a bottle of Jack single barrel..

javila

Looks like I'm making a run down to the liquor store.

Damn you guys....I might splurge for a Walker Blue.....hmmmm

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I do believe it goes something like this......

All bourbons are whiskey, but not all whiskeys are bourbon.

Rather than getting into the alcoholic distillate from fermented mash and all that other stuff… for a whiskey to qualify as a bourbon, it merely has to be made here in the United states and contain at least 51% Indian corn with no more than 79% and aged for at least two years. Most today are aged four years. Only bourbon made in Kentucky may put its name on the label. And as of right now…. there are no distillers in Bourbon County, Kentucky.

So, basically it’s still considered a whiskey, but can also be labeled a bourbon since it was made in this country.

I used to drink a lot of this stuff for some 15 years or more before I switched.

Last edited:

d fleming

If you like Knob Creek, for a few dollars more you will be smitten by Basil Hayden. It too is one of the small batch distillery brands owned by Jim Beam. These small batch distilleries include Knob Creek, Basil Hayden, Bakers, as well as Bookers. The Bookers is the priciest of all but is straight from the barrel and uncut with water, just like great grand-dad got when he went and had his jug filled. Bookers should be cut in the glass with a splash of distilled water but its not totally needed. I prefer it naked from the bottle.

One of my customers is a liquor distributor, they got me started on all the small batch brands. When we go that extra mile occasionally the salesman will drop off a special thanks in a bottle. Gotta love it!