• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ok heres pic's of my BIG Mistake

We've all seen the paragragh with everything splet wrong and you read it like it was correct...I made these signs for a customer and have made at least 50 signs for this company so I knwo what it says... It (2 of them) was installed by 5 guys that work for the company and nobody noticed until they came back from lunch and a brand new employee say it... Ok you can lagh at me know...
I did these sign in 3 seperate pieces so I never say them assembled..

Attachments

• IMG_0067.jpg
    IMG_0067.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0068.jpg
    IMG_0068.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

petepaz

been there done that
i feel your pain
(it's just important that we learn form our mistakes...haha)

signgal

ROFL that was worth the wait! I can totally see how that would happen... wow, i'm having trouble catching my breath! What a great post for a Friday!

Vinylman

What's the big deal?

Reading your 1st, and 2nd comments on this thread, it seems to me it is NO WONDER you have mistakes on your signs.:Oops:

Your spelling and grammatical blunders in your posts indicate you have been using English as your second language for too long.:thumb:

"We've all seen the paragragh with everything splet wrong and you read it like it was correct...I made these signs for a customer and have made at least 50 signs for this company so I knwo what it says... It (2 of them) was installed by 5 guys that work for the company and nobody noticed until they came back from lunch and a brand new employee say it... Ok you can lagh at me know...
I did these sign in 3 seperate pieces so I never say them assembled.. "

Keeping THESE THINGS in mind, I think your signs look pretty good!!:U Rock:

GypsyGraphics

I enjoy seeing a good blunder... makes me feel like less of a dufus.
That's a pretty darn big one... thanks, i feel like a genius now.

3dsignco

Ohh I feel your Pain.. Never have done that one but how many of Us have flipped a panel to the second side and make the second side upside down.

ddubia

On a hand painted job using a pounce pattern for a 2-sided directional sign with an arrow, after finishing one side I flipped the board applied the same pattern to the other side and lettered it.

Mine didn't turn out upside down, but now I had arrows pointing in opposite directions!

FatCat

Friday I made a 1' x 4' Rider for the top of a big real estate sign. Supposed to say "B-1 Zoning" - When the customer came to pick it up it read "A-1 Zoning"...I told him I must have been dreaming about grilling a big steak this weekend. He laughed and didn't mind waiting an extra 15 minutes for me to fix it.

Sh*t happens...

iSign

I saw the second pic first & didn't know what was wrong... I knew they sold Metal & their logo was MM... sure, I thought Metal Metal was a dumb name... but I kept looking everywhere for a typo :omg:

On a hand painted job using a pounce pattern for a 2-sided directional sign with an arrow, after finishing one side I flipped the board applied the same pattern to the other side and lettered it.

Mine didn't turn out upside down, but now I had arrows pointing in opposite directions!

for years now, I've told every employee that every sign makers makes those 2 mistakes JUST once... and I was telling them to keep it from happening any sooner then necessary... but also to help them at least remember to check AFTER they make d.f. directional signs... AND to tell them, ONCE is all they get!