Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ok heres pic's of my BIG Mistake

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Accelerated Graphics, May 28, 2010.

1. Accelerated Graphics

Accelerated Graphics Active Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Burleson
    We've all seen the paragragh with everything splet wrong and you read it like it was correct...I made these signs for a customer and have made at least 50 signs for this company so I knwo what it says... It (2 of them) was installed by 5 guys that work for the company and nobody noticed until they came back from lunch and a brand new employee say it... Ok you can lagh at me know...
    I did these sign in 3 seperate pieces so I never say them assembled..

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 28, 2010
    Tags:
  2. signgal

signgal Very Active Member

Dec 29, 2009
    Wow! No attachment but I can imagine what they look like, judging from you OP ROFLMAO

3. petepaz

petepaz Major Contributor

Feb 14, 2007
    NJ/NY/PA
    been there done that
    i feel your pain
    (it's just important that we learn form our mistakes...haha)

4. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Pizza Pizza :ROFLMAO:

5. RebeckaR

RebeckaR Active Member

Mar 7, 2008
    utah
    Metal Metal Mart Mart

I don't see a problem. At least everything is spelled correctly.

6. artbot

artbot Very Active Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Houston TX
    i have to apologize for laughing at your expense.

7. signgal

signgal Very Active Member

Dec 29, 2009
    ROFL that was worth the wait! I can totally see how that would happen... wow, i'm having trouble catching my breath! What a great post for a Friday!

8. Accelerated Graphics

Accelerated Graphics Active Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Burleson
    stuff happens, customer layghed about it alsoits only 400 miles away,, I'll fix it tuesday..

9. Stealth Ryder

Stealth Ryder Very Active Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Texas
    Heh Heh Heh, that looks like something I would do... I am laughing with you, not at you my friend...

10. Jillbeans

Jillbeans Major Contributor

Dec 24, 2003
    Butler, PA
    You should also be spanked for using Brush Script!
    :)
    Love....Jill

11. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    flogging would be better.
    He might like getting spanked

12. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Major Contributor

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    At least it's a readable brush script. Only the ones you can't even read anymore bug me.

13. Vinylman

Vinylman Very Active Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Berlin Center, Ohio
    What's the big deal?

Reading your 1st, and 2nd comments on this thread, it seems to me it is NO WONDER you have mistakes on your signs.:Oops:

Your spelling and grammatical blunders in your posts indicate you have been using English as your second language for too long.:thumb:

"We've all seen the paragragh with everything splet wrong and you read it like it was correct...I made these signs for a customer and have made at least 50 signs for this company so I knwo what it says... It (2 of them) was installed by 5 guys that work for the company and nobody noticed until they came back from lunch and a brand new employee say it... Ok you can lagh at me know...
    I did these sign in 3 seperate pieces so I never say them assembled.. "

Keeping THESE THINGS in mind, I think your signs look pretty good!!:U Rock:

14. GypsyGraphics

GypsyGraphics Major Contributor

Mar 19, 2009
    I enjoy seeing a good blunder... makes me feel like less of a dufus.
    That's a pretty darn big one... thanks, i feel like a genius now.

15. mosignman

mosignman Member

Mar 26, 2007
    Missouri
    I would bet he is spelling things wrong in his posts on purpose to continue poking fun at himself. Just a thought.

16. 3dsignco

3dsignco Active Member

Feb 19, 2007
    Ohh I feel your Pain.. Never have done that one but how many of Us have flipped a panel to the second side and make the second side upside down.

17. ddubia

ddubia Member

Sep 13, 2006
    Northeast Ohio
    On a hand painted job using a pounce pattern for a 2-sided directional sign with an arrow, after finishing one side I flipped the board applied the same pattern to the other side and lettered it.

Mine didn't turn out upside down, but now I had arrows pointing in opposite directions!

18. FatCat

FatCat Very Active Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    Friday I made a 1' x 4' Rider for the top of a big real estate sign. Supposed to say "B-1 Zoning" - When the customer came to pick it up it read "A-1 Zoning"...I told him I must have been dreaming about grilling a big steak this weekend. He laughed and didn't mind waiting an extra 15 minutes for me to fix it.

Sh*t happens...

19. Craig Sjoquist

Craig Sjoquist Major Contributor

Jun 18, 2004
    Orlando
    When I saw the 2nd picture did I ever laugh that is great lol lol lol lol

20. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    I saw the second pic first & didn't know what was wrong... I knew they sold Metal & their logo was MM... sure, I thought Metal Metal was a dumb name... but I kept looking everywhere for a typo :omg:

for years now, I've told every employee that every sign makers makes those 2 mistakes JUST once... and I was telling them to keep it from happening any sooner then necessary... but also to help them at least remember to check AFTER they make d.f. directional signs... AND to tell them, ONCE is all they get!