• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ok you Apple Sheep !

GypsyGraphics

I fold and wad. In a certain particular way. Its the best of both worlds.
hmmm.... interesting. would that be for cush or does it provide a better barrier?
although, fold or wad, you're at risk of viruses... but one could offer a higher degree of protection.

a fold/wad technique diagram would be helpful

round man

back in the seventies when I got out of art school there were the smug arrogant trust fund babies who thumbed their nose at me with the "oh, you are a Commercial artist",...to which i responded,..."You giving your artwork away for free these days?",....When later as a master pictoral and letterman all these guys and gals who "smuggly" put their brushes down and slaved blindly behind a 4b keyboard saying the machine always did perfect copy,...I replied,..."You could have too if you took the time and charged for it",....When computer aided sign design and making finally came of age in the early 90's there were those same folks who spent $25k to $30k upgrading those 4b's to gerber sprint and advantage systems after dropping over 10 to 15 k on the 4b trying to convince me "smuggly" that only gerber systems were the way to make signs,...I replied "My corel and signlab based programs do just as much if not more faster for under $5k and it will run on windows 95!",....then about the time the public decided it was better to deal with a design studio when doing marketing design (about the time computers made it possible for people with out artistic brush or pen skills to compete) there came this "smug" group of people trying to say you can only design on a mac,....my response once again fell on deaf ears,...due to the arrogance of overspending and dependence on an expensive closed proprietary system that enabled people who were too lazy to learn and or adapt to the majority of industry,...I made exceptional money for quite some time translating files for pc users who had Mac clients who were of the same "you can only design on a mac" mentality. Thousands of times I was forced to slowly explain to mac users the error of their ways in cross platform file use due to the apple propaganda . They bought into that Mac mentality that their system was superior and pc users were inferior and in their condescension all but refused to cooperate and in the long run often as not had to pay extra and or do more work to get their art produced,...whining and complaining with the same I don't understand why you cant read my design files and I have to pay extra because your firm uses pc's,...my response was usually "90% of our clients use pc's and its not a problem for them,.....all of the past 25 years I have had to sit on the phone or sit patiently while a Mac user "smuggly" touted the superiority of their capabilities and machinery knowing that it was stupid to argue with an idiot,...they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
ME,...I don't hate Mac users,....just their smug holier than thou attitudes,...which 90% of the time is based on spending more than needed on machinery and not having a way to justify the over expenditure with fact and resorting to some "witty remark" of Mac propaganda,....time for a healthy serving of crow here,....chow down folks,...if the shoe fits wear it,...

that being said and my sign career behind me,...I don't hate Macs they are basically the same hardware as pc's and break and need repair and networking just like pc's,....just another machine that breaks and needs repair,...and I usually get to charge them extra for the repairs due to their "mac mentality",....

ucmj22

back in the seventies when I got out of art school there were the smug arrogant trust fund babies who thumbed their nose at me with the "oh, you are a Commercial artist",...to which i responded,..."You giving your artwork away for free these days?",....When later as a master pictoral and letterman all these guys and gals who "smuggly" put their brushes down and slaved blindly behind a 4b keyboard saying the machine always did perfect copy,...I replied,..."You could have too if you took the time and charged for it",....When computer aided sign design and making finally came of age in the early 90's there were those same folks who spent $25k to $30k upgrading those 4b's to gerber sprint and advantage systems after dropping over 10 to 15 k on the 4b trying to convince me "smuggly" that only gerber systems were the way to make signs,...I replied "My corel and signlab based programs do just as much if not more faster for under $5k and it will run on windows 95!",....then about the time the public decided it was better to deal with a design studio when doing marketing design (about the time computers made it possible for people with out artistic brush or pen skills to compete) there came this "smug" group of people trying to say you can only design on a mac,....my response once again fell on deaf ears,...due to the arrogance of overspending and dependence on an expensive closed proprietary system that enabled people who were too lazy to learn and or adapt to the majority of industry,...I made exceptional money for quite some time translating files for pc users who had Mac clients who were of the same "you can only design on a mac" mentality. Thousands of times I was forced to slowly explain to mac users the error of their ways in cross platform file use due to the apple propaganda . They bought into that Mac mentality that their system was superior and pc users were inferior and in their condescension all but refused to cooperate and in the long run often as not had to pay extra and or do more work to get their art produced,...whining and complaining with the same I don't understand why you cant read my design files and I have to pay extra because your firm uses pc's,...my response was usually "90% of our clients use pc's and its not a problem for them,.....all of the past 25 years I have had to sit on the phone or sit patiently while a Mac user "smuggly" touted the superiority of their capabilities and machinery knowing that it was stupid to argue with an idiot,...they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
ME,...I don't hate Mac users,....just their smug holier than thou attitudes,...which 90% of the time is based on spending more than needed on machinery and not having a way to justify the over expenditure with fact and resorting to some "witty remark" of Mac propaganda,....time for a healthy serving of crow here,....chow down folks,...if the shoe fits wear it,...

that being said and my sign career behind me,...I don't hate Macs they are basically the same hardware as pc's and break and need repair and networking just like pc's,....just another machine that breaks and needs repair,...and I usually get to charge them extra for the repairs due to their "mac mentality",....

I think someone left the folded wad in their panties
:Big Laugh

mopar691

I agree with Roundman.

I started on PC, was schooled on Mac's for design, PC for coding and web applications.

Went all PC out of school. Then went to marketing and design for a cosmetic company, whole building on Mac, so back to mac I went.

Branched off on my own, freelance and certain customers while staying on with said cosmetic company from out of office.

Only reason I have a Mac in office of for them. Nothing wrong with it I just prefer PC and it was supplied by them with their programs, AI and Quark mainly. So all of their files are created and edited within the platform that they use at their offices. But as of late work for them has been very slow so it rarely gets used and I get more distant from its ui more and more.

I do like it and yes it screams, but so does my pc. Cost wise they are about on even grounds I suppose. I go way overboard on video end, I am a late night gamer during the winter months when I am slow. So that eats up alot of cost.

I could not imagine the headace of switching my shop over to the Mac platform. I have considered it on quite a few times. many people in this small community I live in are amazed I use a PC. There is a strictly design studio here that puts in all her ads and literature that they only uses apple products for the best possible output. Their basis it the whole "real artists use only the right equipment" and they push that pretty hard around the area.

That makes any new customer that walk thru my doors instantly think I am sub-par and not current. After A brief chat and look at my output it goes to rest and is never mentioned again.

In all it works great, they are strictly design, I put all their design onto end products and although we never talk directly to each other, we never speak bad of one another that I know of. As they do great work and layouts IMO.

But I have to know, do you start folding first then wad it up? or bunch it up then fold in half? My obsessive compulsive disorder would never let me do anything but fold. My ex wife used to yell at me cause it took me 25 min to fold one load of laundry. If she would of seen me on the can she would of really flipped!!! :ROFLMAO:

Techman

The reason why so many say they are MAC exclusive is because..

That gives them a way to deflect the 99% of PC crowd who uses word, powerpoint, and paint to design a panel into a higher price point. Simply,, I cannot use yoru design because it was done on a PC..

And also gives MAC users a way to compete against the PC users who are fully competent designers.. "Oh, all our work is designed exclusively on a MAC. And we all know a MAC user is a better designer".

GypsyGraphics

it's a wonder you had time for a career... what with meeting every mac user, assessing their work habits, spending habits, attitude and determining if they fell into the 90 of mac users who's "smug holier than thou attitudes" were "based on spending more than needed on machinery and not having a way to justify the over expenditure."

now you have me curious as to what the other 10% of "smug holier than thou attitudes" were based on? is that where your mind reading skills failed you, or did you fear claiming to know 100% would just look like you were making sweeping generalizations?

andy

When computer aided sign design and making finally came of age in the early 90's there were those same folks who spent $25k to $30k upgrading those 4b's to gerber sprint and advantage systems after dropping over 10 to 15 k on the 4b trying to convince me "smuggly" that only gerber systems were the way to make signs,...I replied "My corel and signlab based programs do just as much if not more

Back in the day EVERYONE who owned a 4B or Sprint was a Gerber snob... but at the time Gerber machinery was pretty good. I'd still rather have an antique Sprint or 4B over a brand new Chinese junker anyday.

Sadly all the Gerber fanboys I knew back in the day have all gone broke... which just shows that it doesn't matter how good your kit is, if you suck at running a business you're doomed.

WildWestDesigns

Mac vs. PC is like religion. The one you experience first is the one you think is best.

Not always. The converts can be even more obnoxious then the ones that have been claiming one type all along. That seems to hold true no matter what you are talking about.

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
hmmm.... interesting. would that be for cush or does it provide a better barrier?
although, fold or wad, you're at risk of viruses... but one could offer a higher degree of protection.

a fold/wad technique diagram would be helpful

A fold with a twist (to create the wad) repeated provides the perfect combination of cush and barrier. Every time.

GypsyGraphics

thanx oldgoatroper!

i have yet to master the fold/twist, but i think i've come up with a new art form, which i seem to have a knack for.
i already have a lovely collection to show for my efforts. i'm going to call it "potty origami"

my first potty origami piece was a goose

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
:cool:

Attachments

• just_apple.jpg
    just_apple.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 77

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
thanx oldgoatroper!

i have yet to master the fold/twist, but i think i've come up with a new art form, which i seem to have a knack for.
i already have a lovely collection to show for my efforts. i'm going to call it "potty origami"

my first potty origami piece was a goose

heheheh....

I initially took my inspiration from this site

origamiboulder

but have since found my own way.....

Locals Find!

Uh, no. The only category in which they don't have dominant or significant market share is the desktop/laptop market.

Not true they have the smallest share in smart phones, tablets, and mp3 players. They have the highest name recognition but the smallest marketshare worldwide.

Their marketing department is top notch right up their with McDonalds & Coke. Hell, I am sure you could find some tribe somewhere in africa that wouldn't know how to use an indoor toilet and they would know an Iphone if they saw one.

Don't confuse stock prices and brand recognition with actual market share please. Two totally different categories. They dominate one but, not the other.

Believe it or not the hottest smartphone maker worldwide right now is Huawei (pronounced WAH-way) they are set to make Iphones look like the old bricks. (I know some of us are old enough to remember those.)

ucmj22

Not true they have the smallest share in smart phones, tablets, and mp3 players. They have the highest name recognition but the smallest marketshare worldwide.

Their marketing department is top notch right up their with McDonalds & Coke. Hell, I am sure you could find some tribe somewhere in africa that wouldn't know how to use an indoor toilet and they would know an Iphone if they saw one.

Don't confuse stock prices and brand recognition with actual market share please. Two totally different categories. They dominate one but, not the other.

Believe it or not the hottest smartphone maker worldwide right now is Huawei (pronounced WAH-way) they are set to make Iphones look like the old bricks. (I know some of us are old enough to remember those.)

"NetMarketShare’s June report, meanwhile, showed the combination of iPhone and iPad give iOS a peerless position among its mobile computing rivals: 65.27 percent of all mobile phone and tablet computers combined use Apple’s operating system. Android took a distant second place with 19.73 percent."

CES020

GAC05 said:
:Cool 2:

I concede,
some tasks are just easier with a Mac.

wayne k
guam usa

And there we have it. Present proof and the argument turns to non factual data.

Adtechia, I have no clue where you get your numbers, but they contradict every fact that exists.