• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ordering DX4 heads, anyone interested

MikePro

i know Dale @ Summit Graphics wanted 4, per this thread. Keep him in the loop as well.

reading this thread, Tomence looking at 4 and Redz Signs at 2

that's 14! with Signcrafters London expressing interest in addition...
I assume the price is pre-tax/shipping?

edited: 710? nevermind, i'll pass as well. apologies for my excitement, but I have 4 working heads. was just jumping at the chance to get a reserve (or two) for a reasonable price to sit on for a while. Once again, back to you Dale... keep us in the loop if we still eventually shoot for the <$400 dx4 solvent resistant batch.

Last edited:

artbot

for instance, i just got this catalog in my mail today from special color.

dx4 solvent $625 (don't know what the exchange rate is but i figure the dollar is responsible for a good part of he discount).

Attachments

• print head prices.jpg
    print head prices.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 94

eye4clr

This took quite a turn, didn't it.

I was sitting on the sideline and about to order up at $350-400/ea. Then we're back to $700+ "special deal".

Nope, thanks.

inkmed

$375 each pc, did they can guarantee the printer heads are original and brand new?
Our company buy printer heads from Roland agent directly, we know their offer well.
This price is better than price from Roland primary agent.
Some guys can get price lower than primary agent price?

Artbot get offer as $625 each pc is head without head rank, their head with rank offer will be more or less $650~$660 each.
this is a believable price.

I do not want any member of this forums lost money because the bad heads or refresh heads from China. That will damage all Chinese supplier's reputation.

Adam from Inkmed

artbot

@inkmed i appreciate your input. for some reason in the USA, there is this extreme resistance to chinese suppliers. i say, why wouldn't a massive country like china not have legitimate suppliers? ...like grimcos here in the US. from what i've seen, and maybe you can add to this list, your company inkmed, special-color, bonjet, and fieldcanter (from taiwan) are all reputable suppliers, with families, businesses, and clientele just like us. why this is so hard for americans to presume is beyond me.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
i received a few inquiries and i am going to email them back with this link so they can become in the pool of group buy. Fellow signs101s, i do not have $375 print head. I just don't. My group buy price is gather 20 print heads order and I will sell them at $710 each + shipping. I only take 1 payment, that guy who sent me payment can mark up like $5 or whatever he wants to receive the payment then he can mail it out. All print heads are sold as is.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Thank you Artbot. My print heads have head ranking on and are in roland original packaging. Don't contact me for group buy. Please put your comments here on this forum so 20 print heads order can be reached.

lpsdonline

Hey, guys.

DX4 Solvent Printheads at $375.00 each... I'm definitely in. I need four heads right now and four more in 4 weeks. COUNT ME IN!

Noel

ddarlak

Go Bills!
i've bought parts and ink from china for years. I have saved a ton of money and was burned once for about $500.

the parts are the very same parts you get OEM, just minus a few middle men....

summit graphics

I know that there is a lot of interest in this, I'm still trying to work out the details with the supplier in China. It kills me that the thread has been "hi-jacked" by a retail supplier. I hope to know something by Monday or Tuesday. If this falls through I will continue to get the best price I can and pass that along. I have 1 black print head that is starting to crap out on me and another JV3 that I am rebuilding. I refuse to be held hostage by "china suppliers blah blah blah" I have several suppliers that have direct contact with Chinese distributors and I am exploring that route as well.
I will keep everyone up to speed. For all the doubters, where do you think the parts and supplies for your printers,cars and practically everything else we buy comes from anyway?

CheapVehicleWrap

It looks like a few here are assuming that a particular OEM part number (in this instance a print head) that is originally made in China will be exactly the same part no matter who in China supplies it.

Do you not think the Chinese don't start knocking off their own stuff when there is a market for it?

As I'm sure everyone is aware, a host of the printer problems we read about each and every day are caused by "OEM" Chinese parts. Parts that were advertised as original. Quality control differs from manufacturer to manufacturer.

I'm JUST saying.

Fieldcenter.... still waiting for that list of 3 references for ink. Been a few days since I emailed.

brdss

I will say it is in bad taste for fieldcenter to come into the thread, hijacking it trying to sell 20 heads at $720 with no guarantee on the parts he is selling.

Good job summit for thinking outside the box finding suppliers. Don't need any heads (printer is still under warranty!) but do find it bad that the companies keep raising prices on parts for older printers so they can try to sell new printers. My jv33 will be an old model at some point, too, and I will not like spending $3000 for a print head!

artbot

the main one to blame is epson. they are a terrible company when it comes to caring about the customer's margin on the equipment side. finally canon has stepped up and offered a better waterbased machine. with HP's latex machine doing well, maybe we finally have the "competition" that never existed to keep prices down. until just lately they set the terms and we paid the price without options.

lpsdonline

Once again, I need 4 heads now and another 4 within a month. I am definitely in. By the way, two colleagues bought solvent printers from China and they are running like any mimaki, roland or mutoh. The print quality was as good as those other machines too. As I said, I am definitely in.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
let me put it this way. if you don't like the idea of $710; don't bother. In fact, I want you to buy for $375. You think we sellers make $500 per print head? Not close. Ipsdonline: ask your colleagues how much they paid for the print head. Brdss: If you dislike the idea i bring such good deal to signs101; don't bother. I sell original JV33 print head for $1,800. Yes, exact same one as you would buy it for $3,000. CheapVehicleWrap: Please send your reference inquiry to sales@fieldcenterusa.com.

I am in for 50 pieces if they are original DX4 solvent print heads. So who's going to initiate the group buy for us?

phototec

You think we sellers make $500 per print head? Not close.

Maybe not $500 per print head, but I bet you get them for close to the $375 and mark them up!

And because you are a middle-man and marking them up, you should NOT want one member here to take on the whole cost of 20 heads, you should take on the up-front cost and then add on the $5 per head and take direct CC payments from individual members here.

Even if you are only making $50 a print head, you should put up the front money.

Just the way I see it.

:help

premiercolour

Merchant Member
If you can do that, i will take all your stock. All means as many as you can get. you just don't know what you're talking about. do you?