• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

pdf proof forms

hydo1

I agree that most PDF passwords are useless if you use freely available software to remove them. I place a low resolution image into a PDF and watermark it.

copythat

Phantom Proof in front of designs

We sent out proof's everyday by pdf format. We place a thick phantom lettered PROOF stamp in front of design. This way, it would be very difficult to print or try to clean it up without distorting the design! I get some of them telling me they can't really see it well. That's when we send them a seriously low res. version : )

Tommy

anotherdog

Distiller secured .pdf files are very easy to crack.
If you have vectors in the design they can be stolen.
You need to rasterize the design before you low res proof.

I would never send a vector either. Its not in the best ineterest of any sign maker. We always convert to a jpeg. My concern was more of a professional looking format to send to a customer instead of just an email with an attached pic.

Is there any other suggestions?

econolinesigns

The form is a WMF file which can be edited in Corel. I changed the wording and made forms for each of our designers to use. Really easy!

TresL

A digital signature is legal as well.
There is even a few 3rd party companies that do contracts this way.
and Flame is 100% correct, there is no such thing as a 100% secure pdf.