• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pet peeves anyone?

signmeup

Would a list of peoples pet peeves be interesting?

I can't stand it when I read a car add that says,"The car is red in colour." As opposed to what? Red in shape?!

I also can't stand it when people chew gum. I murder them in hideous ways in my head.

So anyone have any?

I'm not terribly fond of the word "peeves" either.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
People that post pet peeve threads.
daffy_duck.gif

iSign

peeve number 1: correcting slang that was slung on purpose :doh:

grammar corrections are for kids:smile:, not for people choosing to add flavor to their language... or is it flavour up there? :wink:

:smile::smile::smile:.. :thumb:

Marlene

1. the word "call" next to a phone number on a sign

2. radio ads that repeat the phone number three times. "1-800-bla-blaa
that's 1-800-bla-blaa call 1-800-bla-blaa" some idiot study somewhere must have come up with three times is the magic number to get people to remember

3. people who are in the express lane and wait until everything is packed in bags to start looking for their check book. then they write the check really slow and then they fill our the check register.

4. tailgaters riding my bumper.

5. parents at the movies who decide to talk out loud to their kids about the movie. the kids are good, parents need to be muzzled.

Jillbeans

Cell phones.
Whether it's a customer who interrupts our meeting to answer one or I am being tailgated by some b!tch talking on one.
Was at a bridal shower Sunday and one of the bridesmaids answered her cell and carried on a long conversation while the bride was opening her gifts, they were seated together in front of an entire room of women so it's not like she was at a table or in the bathroom or something.
Love....Jill

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
HeadOn. Apply directly to the forehead... HeadOn. Apply directly to the forehead... HeadOn...

Lol thats hilarious!! Those commercials make me want to jump off a cliff, could you imagine having to listen to that over and over and over. That would be a great torture experiment

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I believe we must have some issues going on here. I think we need a group hug to make these narrowly potential suicidals..... re-think their peeves.

Where's Dr Phil when you need him ??

JR's

Pet peeve number one. When I see a van lettered with a small graphic all the way to the rear of the large side of the van, so it matches the small side. (That really irks me)

pet peeve number two. When you're in a movie theater and someone puts their shoes on the seat right next to your head, especially if they have sandals on and they like to wiggle there toes.

Pet peeve number three. While you're watching a movie they open their phone so the light blinds you.

JR :)

Last edited: