• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pet peeves anyone?

firesignz

Celebrating 10 Years in business
Spelling errors on signs - especially after they are left up and not replaced when the error has been pointed out (for YEARS!!!!!) Cheap B@$tards!!!

SignManiac

Only one worth killing over for me, anybody who isn't punctual. If you're ten minutes late and I leave, I don't give a eff who you are. The other is anybody doing the speed limit or slower, it's an unwritten law that the speed limit is 10 mph faster than what's posted. One more is clients who are in a rush and when you accommodate them, they show up two weeks later. Oh and one more, inarticulate a$$holes. Learn to speak properly of keep you mouth shut. I have hundreds more but I've learned to not let the small stuff bother me.

Last edited:

HaroldDesign

Wrong use of apostrophes;
Open Monday's is the worst sort.
There are an endless variety of them that really irritate me. If you don't understand how to use them simply don't.

signmeup

I once had an old lady sit next to me at a movie and open krinkley wrapped candies the entire time. I wanted to beat her to death.

Slamdunkpro

• Self righteous self appointed "speed police" drivers poking along in the left lane
  • People who get in the bank drive-thru line then wait until they get to the teller window to start filling out all their crap
  • Parents who think it's cute or educational to try and teach their 3 year old how to use the self service checkout (usually at peak hours when there are 10 people in line behind them)
  • Clerks who have to try and scan an item 73 times before they just key the damn stock number in.
  • People who step up to the food counter at peak lunch rush, pull out a list and a wad of bills and say "I have 15 separate orders" :frustrated: Call crap like that in.
  • Same situation where idiot steps up to the counter, whips out his/her cell phone, dials, says "OK I'm at the counter, what does everyone want?"
  • People who are in line at the fast food counter, then want to order "off the menu" or ask a million questions that could be answered by simply reading the menu while they were in line.
  • People who stop in (and block) doorways to have conversations, or put their coat on, or whatever. Take 3 more steps moron.
  • Self important types who insist on parking in fire lanes.
  • People who come in and ask for free stuff for their "charity/ kid's project / special cause" when they've never spent a single dime in my place.
What can I say - I have issues:smile:

signmeup

Yardsales. Up here people just stop driving and get out of their cars to see what crap some shmuck has for sale. They don't even pull over.

Steve C.

People taking orders at drive thru windows.

"May I take your order"
"Let me have a #2 combo with no cheese, mustard and a diet coke."
" What would you like to drink with that?"
"Diet Coke!"
" Would you like cheese on your burger?"
"No Cheese!"
"Mustard or mayonnaise?"
"Mustard, dumb ass."

OldPaint

people who .........HAVE ISSUES)))))
DR. PHIL..........what a bozo!!!!!
limbaugh, taking his advice is like going down the corner and getting the local drug dealer to tell you how it is.
ROOMS TO GO COMMERCIALS.......
politicians, when asked a QUESTION, the 1st words outa their mouth is..........THATS A GREAT QUESTION!!!!!!!!! no schit dick tracy))))))
GRAPHIC ARTISTS...........and they cant draw anything with a pencil on paper.
people who think they KNOW IT ALL..................at 22-35)))))))))
OLD AGE, when sleep seems to be my primary interest))))))
people who think if you dont use proper grammer, it makes you stupid))))) see below hahahahahahahah

Last edited:

Rodi

Poor grammar shows a complete lack of respect for an argument or a debate. My feeling is, if you are not educated enough to follow basic grammar, where are your ideas really coming from?If you are trying to persuade people of your ideas, remember this is not a bar where we are face to face, we need to be able to connect on a similar level, and when you write like you are half in the bag, it infuriates me and I will say something about it.

GypsyGraphics

Bratty kids.
Parents of bratty kids.
Parent who negotiate with little kids instead of punishing them.
To the mother who says "now honey, we don't do that" to her misbehaving child; I want to say "well mommy he already has, stop messing with his head, give him a swat and be done with it.

People who want you know they're upset and when you ask "what's wrong" they say "nuuuuthing." Then get that sour puss out of my site!

People who claim "it just came out of nowhere" ...when they were somewhere they shouldn't have been.

wes70

Bratty kids.
Parents of bratty kids.
Parent who negotiate with little kids instead of punishing them.
To the mother who says "now honey, we don't do that" to her misbehaving child; I want to say "well mommy he already has, stop messing with his head, give him a swat and be done with it.

People who want you know they're upset and when you ask "what's wrong" they say "nuuuuthing." Then get that sour puss out of my site!

People who claim "it just came out of nowhere" ...when they were somewhere they shouldn't have been.

Yes, I agree with those pet peeves,100%.

Steve C.

Actor activist.
I love Tom Hanks, I wish he would shut up and act...
same goes for those on the other side... Jon Voight, shut up and act.
If I'm thinking about their personal views, it makes it harder to enjoy
the characters they portray.

R08

Spelling mistakes!:ROFLMAO:

Would a list of peoples pet peeves be interesting?

I can't stand it when I read a car add that says,"The car is red in colour." As opposed to what? Red in shape?!

I also can't stand it when people chew gum. I murder them in hideous ways in my head.

So anyone have any?

I'm not terribly fond of the word "peeves" either.

ronl1975

People who think that I am invisible. Whether in a mall, theme park or wherever. I mean, it IS possible for 2 people walking towards one another and BOTH move slightly to avoid running into each other. Instead, its me moving 3 ft out of my way so they don't bull over me and my family !

Si Allen

When shopping an being stuck behind a woman with an ass so big that it should have a back up alarm ... and she has 5 or 6 misbehaving brats running loose and destroying all the displays!

GypsyGraphics

When shopping an being stuck behind a woman with an ass so big that it should have a back up alarm ... and she has 5 or 6 misbehaving brats running loose and destroying all the displays!
Just curious... nice ass and 4 brats... still a pet peeve? Or is there an acceptable ass-to-brat ratio? :ROFLMAO: