• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Please Vote

HulkSmash

I wish people would STOP begging for votes on here, kind of like stuffing the ballot box.

Most on here are better than that.

Let your work speak for itself, If it deserves a vote, it will get one.

If you keep begging – I won’t.

:omg2:

Why would it bad for someone to ask for support on a project they've worked on? I would ask family and friends to vote.. How does that make someone better then the next person?

GypsyGraphics

the only a contest where the submission are anonymous and the judges are impartial... is a FAIR contest.
otherwise it's just a question of who has more friends....

i'd like to think THAT number, and the number of members who read this thread are coincidentally the same.

fatboy & oldgoatroper.....woo hoo!!!! ... no one ever does what i say :loveya: :loveya: :loveya:

phototec

Why would it bad for someone to ask for support on a project they've worked on? I would ask family and friends to vote.. How does that make someone better then the next person?

Well I don't want to stir the pot, but to answer your question, I only know that I believe in a fair playing field, were everything is even. Asking your family & friends is ok, we all do that, I'm sure the other entrants, have done the same.

However the difference is in the playing field, It just seams like when folks get on here and beg for votes, and because Signs101 has a would wide audience, that person could win by pure solicitation of votes of popularity, and nothing to do with the creative competition. So, unless you have 1000's of family and friends, than the playing field is NOT even, when you come on here and solicit votes.

Pat said himself, he didn't know about the contest until reading to plea for votes, what about the other creative submissions that are NOT members here and not privy to the 1000's of members on here to vote for them?

What chance does a person have for a fair judging when they enter (and are not a member here), and they have votes only from their immediate family and friends?

You think that makes for a fair competition?

What if in a football game, one side of the field, the goal post was at the 20 yard line and the other was at zero, would that be fair?

IMHO, NO!

:smile:

Locals Find!

Well I don't want to stir the pot, but to answer your question, I only know that I believe in a fair playing field, were everything is even. Asking your family & friends is ok, we all do that, I'm sure the other entrants, have done the same.

However the difference is in the playing field, It just seams like when folks get on here and beg for votes, and because Signs101 has a would wide audience, that person could win by pure solicitation of votes of popularity, and nothing to do with the creative competition. So, unless you have 1000's of family and friends, than the playing field is NOT even, when you come on here and solicit votes.

Pat said himself, he didn't know about the contest until reading to plea for votes, what about the other creative submissions that are NOT members here and not privy to the 1000's of members on here to vote for them?

What chance does a person have for a fair judging when they enter (and are not a member here), and they have votes only from their immediate family and friends?

You think that makes for a fair competition?

What if in a football game, one side of the field, the goal post was at the 20 yard line and the other was at zero, would that be fair?

IMHO, NO!

:smile:

I would agree with your statement if their was a prize involved. The only prize the winner gets is to have their image used as the Facebook profile picture for the TV Station for the Week of Christmas to New Years. So, its more of a popularity contest. I view my asking for votes as good Marketing.

phototec

the only a contest where the submission are anonymous and the judges are impartial... is a FAIR contest.
otherwise it's just a question of who has more friends....

Woo Hoo!!!! GG is 1000% correct, and that's why when people are on here soliciting for votes, it has no merit based on talent, it just becomes a popularity contest.

End of story.....

GG is the man, I mean women, she hit the nail on the head!
:corndog:

GypsyGraphics

but what if it was an online competition, where other entrants are likely to belong to other groups and online forums, and what if the completion was on Facebook no less, where most people (not me) have a gazillion friends who also have a gazillion friends..... oh wait it is.

he didn't ask us to stuff a ballot box in his neighborhood where everyone else limited themselves to the local community.

so "no" not the same at all

and really, my point was.... this is the first time i've EVER seen a member be accused of trying to rig a competition because the asked members here to vote for them. maybe people read threads and didn't vote because they didn't think it was fair... but i don't remember seeing a rash of posts about fairness.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Without naming names... I do believe there is a prize involved here. One will get recognition as being a solid designer and possibly have their name posted elsewhere, not to mention on your website you'll completely play up the fact as to being the winner of a national contest in which you beat out many others with your superior ability.

Yes, it's popularity contest and if you win fairly... so be it. But this kinda begging for votes because you have family and friends here at s101 means nothing to the people that have far better entries and you played dirty to beat them out.

If this is just a popularity contest, why are you kissing everyone's butt for votes ?? It must mean something to you or you wouldn't have entered in, let alone call on people to do something that probably goes against their inner core.

As for comparing or considering yourself to the Joe Diaz's and other great designers here at s101.... give me a frickin' break. A silly red circle with a copied logo and a number 2 on it hardly compares to the stuff you see going on at this place.

Again, not naming names, but a vote for you is like a vote for being just like you.... dishonest.

:Sleeping:

LSSigns

Gino, I think you're being a bit irrational here. Don't vote for him if you don't want to, but don't make it sound any different than any other vote-asking around here.

BTW, adtechia, you got my vote!

GypsyGraphics

As for comparing or considering yourself to the Joe Diaz's and other great designers here at s101.... give me a frickin' break. A silly red circle with a copied logo and a number 2 on it hardly compares to the stuff you see going on at this place.

Again, not naming names, but a vote for you is like a vote for being just like you.... dishonest.

:Sleeping:
i was gonna call "BS" on Gino, because Addie didn't compared his skills to Joe and neither did the person who ACTUALLY brought up Joe.
aaaaaand YOU'RE the one not being honest, you just saw this as a golden opportunity to make this thread about something it's NOT.

but then i saw this little guy :Sleeping:
and realized gino's sleeping and i didn't want to raise my voice and possibly wake him.

Locals Find!

Thank You guys. I appreciate the support. I really do. :U Rock:

I am not doing this for any recognition for my business. I just think it will be fun to show my kids around Christmas time. I am doing this for them. They like seeing their dads work and it will make their day.