• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Real fire CD?

Anthony

Fred Weiss said:
Is there a market? ... yes but unless you are going to structure them in layers in Photoshop to make them easier to modify or are going to perform some Photoshop airbrush artistry, I doubt you'll sell a lot. You also, IMHO give too little credit to folks like Dave Dorsey of Aurora Graphics or Carol Begin of Voodoo Graphique who don't just go out and take photos but actually create those items from scratch at huge sizes. If it was easy, as you suggest, there would be no market and everybody would just take pictures.

As to pricing, why would you propose to undercut existing artists? Do you really feel they're not entitled to some return for providing users with a collection that typically earns its cost back in the first week and goes on to earn profits for you for as long as you choose to use it?

This is what clients will pay whatever you want to have it on their car or bike. Not a photograph.

Z-1closeup.gif

Fred where did you get the artwork to make the image in this post or is it something I could buy?

weaselboogie

I think if you were to look into doing several on cd, you may need to spend some more money on a nice camera or tweak your existing camera settings.

The problems with flames is that you're trying to shoot in low light (minus the flames) and trying to capture a fast moving object. Thus your resulting image ... motion blur.
High megapixel means jack sometimes. People thing that just because its a high megapixel, means that its high res. Sometimes its just high res crap.
A nice large lens allows a lot of light to enter quickly for a sharp clean motion shot.

HOWEVER, I understand you may have posted this for examples sake but I just wanted you to take this into consideration before pressing further.

Flame

This is an OLD, and I mean OOOLLLLDDD.... thread.

Yes, I've gotten my technique down a little better.

Attachments

• fire1.jpg
    fire1.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 144
  • fire2.jpg
    fire2.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 137
  • fire3.jpg
    fire3.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 160

Service Sign Co

HANG IT UP No decent moto enthuisast would settle for anything less than Acrylic Laq , or Nitro cellouse Debate it all day if you want to Bikers love their flames , cheap way out? haven't seen it don't want to ain't gonna

Flame

HANG IT UP No decent moto enthuisast would settle for anything less than Acrylic Laq , or Nitro cellouse Debate it all day if you want to Bikers love their flames , cheap way out? haven't seen it don't want to ain't gonna

HUH? You don't even paint dirt bikes, you put graphics on them. Rods and Customs, sure. You airbrush those, but I'm not even interested in that market.

Actually, not even interested in doing that many bikes with this. Thinking more wraps, boards etc?

Sorry, just sorta confused me there.

Service Sign Co

Everyone can create digital flames, I'ts not new, printing on vinyl will not give you the market for being the next big thing. Anadaized alu, flotation tanks , electro plating Youv'e got good ideas, keep it up.

artsnletters

Don't know why I am reviving this thread, but does anyone want to give me input on whether or not you would have a use for a image like this, and if so what you would use it for?

Is it just me or is that image blurry? And if that is indicative of what you'd be offering, then NO.

Flame

Is it just me or is that image blurry? And if that is indicative of what you'd be offering, then NO.

It's blurry because:

1. Low quality camera

2. I blurred it more so no one could use what I posted.

Both will be different if I put anything out. :)