• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Real fire CD?

Flame

LOL. Alright, yes I was home schooled, and then did some college. Anyways, MOVING on....

3400x2300, 2.7MB. That'd be the size.

Flame

Am I discrediting myself? Not at all. My stuff is all one hundred percent done by hand in photoshop.

Of course. lol. Like I mentioned... this isn't anything like your stuff. I could photoshop the flames too.... but you already have that market and I don't have the time. PS flames take a lot of patience!

Didn't mean to sound rude.

Master's Touch

and Aurora has the market cornered on what you're doing....maybe you could extract a few flames over and over, layering one type of fire on top of another and call it good and sell it and people would believe and buy!!! Nah, that'd never work....
;)

(No offense taken flamey....) :)

Last edited:

Flame

and Aurora has the market cornered on what you're doing....maybe you could extract a few flames over and over, layering one type of fire on top of another and call it good and sell it and people would believe and buy!!! Nah, that'd never work....
;)

(No offense taken flamey....) :)

Whoah now, take 'er easy cowboy. I'm not out to hurt anybody. Thought stuff like what I'm offering could come in handy to people.

:peace!:

Flame

Handy to someone who doesen't have a digital camera, or someone who doesen't have Photoshop?

Refer to post #13.

Yes, you could draw them yourself in PS, take a picture, etc. Heck, anything Fred sells for clipart, I could make myself. But by having it already to go, no work involved... it saves time, and makes you money.

For example. A clipart of a horse. It might take... oh, 15-20 minutes to draw a nice horse jumping over a fence or something. But in 1 minute you could have a ready-to-go clipart of it. Time is money. Thus why all clipart and stock photography sites exist.

That's my philosophy anyways.

Service Sign Co

You are blogging with people here that have allready been there. Most artist's would not consider anything that is not original, and would not be proud of their work if they took shortcuts to achieve effects someone did for them. At the end of the day, you get more satisfication at stepping back and looking at your work and thinking, I earned my work & DESERVE to benifit from it with a feeling of accomplishment. If you can't feel it , you are not getting the benifit need to continue when that feeling doesen't come to you.

Flame

You are blogging with people here that have allready been there. Most artist's would not consider anything that is not original, and would not be proud of their work if they took shortcuts to achieve effects someone did for them. At the end of the day, you get more satisfication at stepping back and looking at your work and thinking, I earned my work & DESERVE to benifit from it with a feeling of accomplishment. If you can't feel it , you are not getting the benifit need to continue when that feeling doesen't come to you.

So you've never bought clipart or went to istock? Lots of shops spends thousands every year on this stuff, because it improves production and translates into.... profits.

I'm not copying anyone's work BTW. Hope it didn't sound like I am.

Service Sign Co

Well FLAMEY, No I've never been to istockphoto, Yes I have used elements of clipart, Don't feel up to par about posting pictures of work done with em. I would hvae a lot of traveling to do if I were to take photos of my work. Show some of your work and you may be you will be able to sell something. I'm not bashing you, you young guys are helping to keep the trade alive(hopefully) Reproducing graphics is not a good way to keep it alive & kickin

speedmedia

Personally the more and more of these cd's filled with clipart, fills, goofy shapes and what not I get sick. All this is doing is opening up a market for the non skilled people to open up a shop and put out wraps and other designs that have so much crap and fills and chrome bevels on them without having to know how to do them correctly or knowing when to use them. I have seen so many wrap like this around my area I laugh everytime.

I know not everyone can be a good designer but practice helps you develop the proper skills needed.

Doesn't anyone want to learn this stuff anymore or just have all the designs handed to them that they can print and plot on a vehicle. Everytime I get the Aurora catalog I get sick to my stomach and wonder do people use some of these really???

Just my 2 cents not meant to offend anyone I just wonder everytime I see it.

Thanks,
Kurt Dietrich
Speed Media