• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Real fire CD?

Flame

Fred Weiss said:
$105 to $350 actually depending on the pixel dimensions. The image is from Corbis ... owned by Bill Gates and sold through Fotosearch under a licensing agreement.

Now if I told you that more people in the world everyday buy images from places like Fotosearch than they buy from low end sellers, would that surprise you? Raise your awareness?

You should not base your pricing and marketing strategies on the do it yourselfers. Nor should you base it on what Barry may appear to be doing. You should base it on what the most successful art providers are doing and getting. Make sense?

Hmmm.... Makes sense.

Like I said. I'm new and I'm all ears. I will take any and all input seriously.

Thanks for the replies guys, please, if anyone else wants to comment, please do so.

Flame

Don't know why I am reviving this thread, but does anyone want to give me input on whether or not you would have a use for a image like this, and if so what you would use it for?

Attachments

• Fire sample 1.jpg
    Fire sample 1.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 226

Pro Image

CHARGE IT.............

Just think..........You'll never be broke........if I owe ya a 100.00:Big Laugh :Big Laugh

Flame

That image is licensed under my name and anyone caught using it without my written permission can and WILL be turned into the authorities for due charges. If you would like to buy the image, it will be $100 and yes, I do happen to have your VISA number (I know the right people and websites...).

lol.

Just funnin' man. I'd rather you don't start selling that stuff, BUT, it's just a low quality example of something I can do. I mean, there's only so much you can do with a 800 pixel image. So whatever. Just know I was only funnin' ya'!

MAB SIGNS

LMAO I can appreciate your enthusiasm. At least yours refills much faster. Dave let me help you out. Have a cold one...:beer

skyhigh

Dave, when fighting fires, you should always go to the source of the heat.
I am an Ex-professional fire fighter, so please take my advice.

(just having fun)

Attachments

• flamey.jpg
    flamey.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 122
Flame,
Try this out. Instead of you trying to figure every aspect - do the deed and then team up with someone like Fred. Our money says that he kn ows much more about marketing than you do - just from prior business experience.

Really - what would it cost you? If Fred says yes, you can pretty much figure that you will do something. If he says no - piss on it. (Pardon the pun)

Do the work and let Fred try and sell it.

PS - Fred, let us know when the bootlegs will be available!!!! :Big Laugh

Flame

Pro, who says I haven't already talked to Fred? He's actually been quite helpful. I am merely wanting to gain insight on whether or not people dig the fire effect, and how bad they would want it and what they would want it for. Call it, a personal agenda. Or, just plain curiosity.

A few things have changed since I first started this thread. I would still like input though.

Nobody says that you haven't spoken with Fred. As far as your idea, Flames have sold for the last 50 years, some more than others - so quit asking and just do - you will probably suprise yourself, that's all I am saying.

Sit on the fence and someone will do it before you, by the morning. LOL

Dave Drane

:Big Laugh
skyhigh said:
Dave, when fighting fires, you should always go to the source of the heat.
I am an Ex-professional fire fighter, so please take my advice.

(just having fun)

:Big Laugh :Big Laugh ROFPMSL!!:Big Laugh :Big Laugh

Techman

well.. in OZ they have very little water around.. so they learned to squeeze that water to make it go farther, do more work, with less, so much they are qualified to do anything with nothing..