• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ripoff?

JR's

If this supplier is 100% stuck on his pricing, I also see this as a no brainer. Get the 144 done, get the $5 each price, give the extra shirts to the customer with a big grin and a card and WOW the customer. It's amazing what a little extra on top of orders, can really do for you. Customers appreciate it!!![/QUOTE]

bingo:goodpost:

jiarby

Why do you feel like you are getting ripped off because some is charging you the price the said they would??

Why did you assume that you were going to get the lower rate even though your order did not meet that minimum quantity??

It sounds to me like YOU are trying to rip THEM off, not the other way around.

phototec

Love you Pat but I disagree. If I were the wholesaler, I'd adjust my pricing structure a little. And honestly. I'd cave in a heartbeat. Less work and more profit in the long run!

Now, that said. If this supplier is 100% stuck on his pricing, I also see this as a no brainer. Get the 144 done, get the $5 each price, give the extra shirts to the customer with a big grin and a card and WOW the customer. It's amazing what a little extra on top of orders, can really do for you. Customers appreciate it!!!

Flame, I agree with you on principle, but they have a policy and this guy knew what it was up-front.

That being said, I always heard it was easier to change YOUR mind and harder to change someone else's mind!

:banghead:

GypsyGraphics

just because you don't agree with their pricing structure or think it makes no sense... doesn't mean they are ripping you off.

i don't think they owe you any explanation either, they didn't pull a switch-a-roo on you.

the quality of their work is more important than the fact that they don't want to bend their policies...
and it sounds like you were happy with them before this.

anyway... now you know for next time.

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
I think the unmentioned issue here is he'll have to go out & buy 18 more shirts & deliver them-to get the better price...what do the shirts cost each?

I wonder if the seller was perhaps NOT a merchant here, would most people have a different attitude toward them in asking for a bit of leniency?

Can you order & pay for 144, but tell them you forgot to put the rest in the box...but you'll still pay for the full run of 144?

I'm just thinking about communication & what I call 'common sense' which also relates to figuring this out first, before placing the order. It's bad enough when the supplier changes their prices after you've quoted...I've had that happen to me a few times-time to change suppliers then...

MikeSTK

Dawns Vinyl Designs
I would think theres more to this story, not on your side but thiers. I could see the potential for a concrete line in the sand from them.

The possibility exists some other scenario in their past made them take this stance. They bend the rules a little for another customer, who in turn wants it bent further on a second job and before you know it the 144 price break is awarded to 100 pc jobs.

At any price break point on any product there will always be circumstances that do not make sense. Obviously it costs them X to set the job up and they bury X in a small run or disperse X in a larger run.

Sorry bud, but your view on their policy really means squat. As a business man/woman you should use the advice above: take the 144, throw your customer a bone, be a hero, save the money and move on. If the customer really doesn't want the extras then good will them. You still come out on top.

Spend your weekly frustration allotment on something like gas prices, lol.

Marlene

there are price breaks for qty's from screen printers and that is the way it works. same things with with most any type of printing. customers do get that the more they buy the less per piece they pay. you are not getting ripped off. don't ask everyone you buy from to base their pricing on what you think they should be charging and expect them to give it to you at what you feel like paying.

CrabbyOldGuy

When I photographed weddings, I received price breaks on multiple reorders just like any other business. I also figured the price advantage to ordering more prints to reduce the overall price of my order. Sometimes it is a win - win situation that you can take advantage of by ordering more than you need. You can always use them as samples or worst-case scenario, grease rags.

Jillbeans

You should have gotten an estimate before shipping the shirts.
You like the company.
It's their business how they run it, not yours.
Either order them or don't.
Or start making your own shirts and then you'll realize why they charge what they charge.
Love....Jill

surf city

What am I missing here?? Ya say you have done business with them before so ya pretty much knew what the prices were gonna be before ya' ordered them. Like everyone else said, the whole situation could make you look like a good guy.

Bannerday

It would cost you more than the $75 you want to save to buy & ship 18 more shirts.

They have a clear policy. You asked them to make an exception, which is your right. They said no, which is their right.

I would just let the order stand as is and consider that I learned a valuable lesson

The important thing is the customer is getting what they ordered, at the price they expected.

round man

It is a simple mathematical computation here,...if the cost of the extra 18 shirts is equal to and or less than the $73.80 you will save then by all means send the vendor the extra shirts,...if it is more than the $73 it is a non issue .From what I read it is the cost of the extra 18 shirts that is an issue here,..the supplier gives breaks at 144 prints and that break is dependent on the number of prints he has to produce,..obviously from his pricing he gives considerable discounts for larger volumes of work . If the shirts you have to provide exceed the $73 extra don't do it.

Bill43mx

I think some of the people commenting are missing a key point. The op isn't asking for the 144 quantity UNIT price applied to a 126 shirt order. He's basically saying...okay I only need 126 printed but go ahead and charge me for 144 so I can get the higher quantity price break. In this instance the screen printer would actually be doing LESS WORK than they would if it were an actual 144 shirt order.
It's perfectly understandable that when you order a larger quantity you get a lower UNIT PRICE, but there is a flaw in their pricing if by order a higher quantity you get a lower TOTAL COST. And regarding the reference to donuts being cheaper by the dozen.......that is true but I seriously doubt that any donut shop would refuse you if you said I want to buy a dozen but only give me 10.
That being said I agree with the majority....send them the extra 18 shirts and make them print 144. Unless these are anything other than t-sirts you should come out ahead. Hell...even if the rest of the order isn't t-shirts just send them 18 cheap white t's to get to the 144 total. That should cost you less than half of what you'd save on the order.

ionsigns

Yup the missining information: You supplied the blanks.
This is not rocket science but sometimes it is FRESHMAN ALGEBRA!

His business is setting screens and pulling ink. Play by his rules or go home.

ionsigns

It would cost you more than the $75 you want to save to buy & ship 18 more shirts.

They have a clear policy. You asked them to make an exception, which is your right. They said no, which is their right.

I would just let the order stand as is and consider that I learned a valuable lesson

The important thing is the customer is getting what they ordered, at the price they expected.

YEA - BANNER DAY - Exactamundo! Ask for an exception. The answer is NO. Move on!

royster13

Obviously the printer in question has more work than he/she needs so they can demand to do business on their terms.....Time to find another printer......

MikeSTK

Dawns Vinyl Designs
Obviously the printer in question has more work than he/she needs so they can demand to do business on their terms.....Time to find another printer......

Obviously the "client" assumed the printer would adjust his guidelines, why would or should he?

Obviously the "client" had the information ahead of time and agreed to it.

Obviously this is the "client's" issue. The printer did zero wrong and is not in question for any action.

Time to not want to switch horses in the middle of a river.

Geez........

(I love this thread) :thumb: