• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ripoff?

astro8

The vendor's philosophy is that if you are willing to invest in the purchase of 144 shirts he is willing to give you a price break on the printing to help you do business.

In the vendor's eyes you are trying to beat the system by not investing in the 144 shirts in the first place, (you may have 1000 shirts in stock but he doesn't know this) plus trying to get a discount on the printing. I see the vendor's logic, but he should overhaul his pricing structure to be more of a sliding scale.

He has to stick to his guns or everybody will be trying to stick it to him.

R08

The vendor's philosophy is that if you are willing to invest in the purchase of 144 shirts he is willing to give you a price break on the printing to help you do business.

In the vendor's eyes you are trying to beat the system by not investing in the 144 shirts in the first place, (you may have 1000 shirts in stock but he doesn't know this) plus trying to get a discount on the printing. I see the vendor's logic, but he should overhaul his pricing structure to be more of a sliding scale.

He has to stick to his guns or everybody will be trying to stick it to him.

I think a lot of people are reading way more into this than the facts support. He's willing to pay for printing 144 shirts so how is he "sticking" it to anyone.

If it was me selling this to a customer I'd say great. I'm getting paid for 144 but I get to make less .... What's wrong with that.

SignStudent is not imho trying to rip anyone off. He's just using common sense.

Pro Image

Have any of you ever stopped to think the printer has 2 different ways of printing orders......?????

Maybe anything under 144 pieces is manually done and anything over that is done on a automatic......

As for ordering 144 and only have to print 126 and getting a 70.00 discount.....What have you done for this printer to give you such a consideration........beside come on here and say you got ripped off.......You knew the price up front and you made the deal for him to print them.....

It it was my shop you did this too.....You would be getting your shirt back unprinted and a thank you dont ever call me again letter.......

Flame

It it was my shop you did this too.....You would be getting your shirt back unprinted and a thank you dont ever call me again letter.......

So is that ego getting in the way of common sense and $$$?

;) :corndog: Just sayin!

Pro Image

No Flame.....Not ego....just had my fill of people wanting me to lower my price to make them more money......Why should I have to work harder to make someone else more money.....? If I wanted to do that I would close my shop and go to work at McDonalds......

:0)

Flame

No Flame.....Not ego....just had my fill of people wanting me to lower my price to make them more money......Why should I have to work harder to make someone else more money.....? If I wanted to do that I would close my shop and go to work at McDonalds......

:0)

100% agree with you!!!!! But in this case, you're presented the opportunity to make the same amount of money.... by either printing 18 shirts, or NOT printing 18 shirts. In this case, less work....same $$. I'd take less work.

One question to the original poster....there's a variable I forgot to ask about. The shirts...are YOU providing, or the supplier?

SqueeGee

It's hard for me to understand why the vendor would be unwilling to do 126 shirts and charge you for 144 as you have requested. Maybe he doesn't really want to do this order for you and is deliberately trying to be difficult.

For the folks that disagree with the original poster's rationale:

You have a client who you've quoted lettering trucks. If they get 10 trucks done at once it's $1,000($100 each). If they get 20 trucks done at once, its $1,700($85 each). They bring you 18 trucks and give you check for $1,700. Do you accept it as payment in full or demand another $100?

btropical.com

get the extra 18 shirts in small and get some hot chics to do a bikini car wash in front of your shop donate car wash money to charity enjoy the view ? whats hard part <<<<<<<<<<<<<< might be wrong metaphor >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> insert pik of soapy sudsy chics <<<<<<<<<<<<<<

MikeSTK

Dawns Vinyl Designs
It's hard for me to understand why the vendor would be unwilling to do 126 shirts and charge you for 144 as you have requested. Maybe he doesn't really want to do this order for you and is deliberately trying to be difficult.

For the folks that disagree with the original poster's rationale:

You have a client who you've quoted lettering trucks. If they get 10 trucks done at once it's $1,000($100 each). If they get 20 trucks done at once, its $1,700($85 each). They bring you 18 trucks and give you check for $1,700. Do you accept it as payment in full or demand another $100?

Did you schedule your work around the 20 trucks quoted? Will you have workers picking their noses for 2 days becasue the workload that was supposed to be there isn't? If thats the case gimme my $100.00 and thanks for balling up my schedule.

PromoGuyTy

Here's my take:

About 1/2 of the posts on this thread simply aren't relavent. Many of you are misunderstanding...this guy WANTS to be billed for MORE prints (144) than what he's getting (126).

If my regular contract screenprinter's policy was this stupid, I'd find another. Pretty simple.

On a daily basis, we'll send orders for printing on our (.ie 17) t-shirts and put "please bill us for 24 prints" on the paperwork.

For what it's worth, I've been buying contract screenprinting for about 10 years... I buy about 100k/year in contract screenprinting for clothing.

SqueeGee

Did you schedule your work around the 20 trucks quoted? No

Will you have workers picking their noses for 2 days becasue the workload that was supposed to be there isn't? Nope

Also:

The client does NOT have a peg leg.

The trucks DO smell like strawberries.

It's a full moon on the summer solstice.

Does any of this change the fact that you're getting compensated the amount you requested to do 20 trucks, but are only being required to letter 17?