• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Color Swatches and Versaworks...

Bigdawg

Just Me
Not sure inkfish... versaworks does the swap out and translation to CMYK. The only swatches I see in the program file are sepcified for illustrator and corel...

Mainframe

When you print out the swatch samples it is set up so you can cut it on your table, punch holes through them, put them on a zip tie or big key ring & use it like a pantone swatch, it even has your printer serial number on it. It is nice to have to hand to your customer so they can pick out the color they want, just write down the number select it in illy & you take out the guess work. You can print a different swatch for all the medias you use , banners, vinyl & specialty

walters signs

I had an issue with doing gradients in illustrator with the spot colors, it seems to only print one spot color in the gradient and leave the rest white. Anyone else try this yet?

Bigdawg

Just Me
Hmmm I've printed spot color gradients that came out okay, but not with the Roland swatches... Walters, is it acting like there is only one color in the blend for you?

petepaz

i use the versa works color swatches and they are better for color matches but i still don't get the brightest of colors, some better then others but i read in one of the trade mags that is the nature of the cmyk solvent machines
i think when you get into the 6 and 8 color machines you get better results

cgsigns_jamie

Yes they can be used with Flexi. My Roland tech gave me a Flexi SWT (Swatch Table Library) file that works great. Call your dealer they may have a file they can send you.

Gene@mpls

Again, can these be used in Flexi?

I have been experimenting with this- it will work but it is labor intensive to
set up. You need to use the Roland spot color names with the cmyk values
and then change to a spot color- VW will then recognize it.

Yes they can be used with Flexi. My Roland tech gave me a Flexi SWT (Swatch Table Library) file that works great. Call your dealer they may have a file they can send you.

I have tried this- he knows of nothing available- could you make this
available. Thanks Gene

Vegas_Style

I had an issue with doing gradients in illustrator with the spot colors, it seems to only print one spot color in the gradient and leave the rest white. Anyone else try this yet?

You cannot use the VW swatches in a gradient since VW converts that one color code over to the CMYK. When you use the swatch in a gradient and save it as an eps it wont save the gradient info as far as which swatches were used, it should only save the CMYK values that are being used. I hope that makes sense, I had tons of problems with grey gradients i was dont in a wrap and latter found a long way around, but that was using photoshop.

As far as using the color swatches, I actually use the CMYK values that are associated with the color and not the swatch code and the colors still come out the same, and yes I am checking the box in VW.

rollerchicken

Make sure to check on that "CONVERT SPOT COLOR" in versaworks when you use the Roland Swatch.
I used to use Roland Swatch in illustrator and didn't turn on that COVERT SPOT COLOR in VW and the colors didn't turn out right

We had this printer for a year before finding out about that one little box that makes all the difference. Since then, I have reprinted all my swatches on all my material and try to use the Color System for everything.

Does anyone know a way to use this swatch in Photoshop? Is there a way to export the whole swatch palette?

scuba_steve2699

For some reason I cannot get Corel to keep the spot color name so when I export it to EPS, versaworks does not see it as a spot color. Anyone have a fix for this?

spectracolor

You cannot use the VW swatches in a gradient since VW converts that one color code over to the CMYK. When you use the swatch in a gradient and save it as an eps it wont save the gradient info as far as which swatches were used, it should only save the CMYK values that are being used. I hope that makes sense, I had tons of problems with grey gradients i was dont in a wrap and latter found a long way around, but that was using photoshop.

As far as using the color swatches, I actually use the CMYK values that are associated with the color and not the swatch code and the colors still come out the same, and yes I am checking the box in VW.

When i used gradient within illustrator using Roland Color Swatches, it seemed to turn out ok.

UglyDuckRich

I'm with rollerchicken,

is there any way to use the VW colour swatch in photoshop?

Kinda new to this but I take it when you talk about using the swatch in Illustrator that is for creating things from scratch.

So what about images/logos etc that have to be photoshopped? How can you get the colours to match (i.e no magneta in the yellow etc) when you import an image from photoshop?

Hope that makes sense

Rich :frustrated:

CustomRide

I'm with rollerchicken,

is there any way to use the VW colour swatch in photoshop?

Kinda new to this but I take it when you talk about using the swatch in Illustrator that is for creating things from scratch.

So what about images/logos etc that have to be photoshopped? How can you get the colours to match (i.e no magneta in the yellow etc) when you import an image from photoshop?

Hope that makes sense

Rich :frustrated:

Thats 3 now...anyone know if that can be used with photoshop??

Thanks!

Tony Rome

I have been doing this and works great BUT I have a question...when you export the .EPS from Corel it gives you an option of CMYK or RGB...what should I use and why?
Thanks.

Theo

Here's a screen shot from Versaworks. This is under the File Format window. Note that it tells you how it will print the color in CMYK.

Just assign the swatch as a spot color in your program and you should have no problem
Advice please... Sorry i'm new at this. Been clicking in Versa works on some pics and the " File format, convert spot colors" is locked. Doesn't allow me to tick.