• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Eco-Sol MAX Ink

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Replacement ink for Roland Eco Sol Max

Bulk ink system assuming you are using more than 10 cartridges a month, savings is about 62%. There is 5-10ml of left over ink on Roland cartridges. With bulk ink, you use 100% of it.

OEM Roland Eco Sol Max $105
Bordeaux 440ml $74 (Save 29% or $31 per cartridge)
Bordeaux 1,000ml $84 (Save 62%)

Dont' forget you don't use 100% of the Roland cartridge. There is about 5-10ml left. You do use 100% of bulk ink system.

http://www.premiercolour.com/replacement-ink-for-roland-eco-sol-max-440-ml-from-bordeaux/

Customer Service

i pay 105.00 / 440.. can you save me 70%?

niksagkram

Yeah most of mine are fake I just noticed. Will this harm the printer or is that propaganda to sell more Roland ink?

http://www.rolanddg.co.za/newsandevents/newspages/pirateInk.html

Somethings not right here... ALL of my carts look like the"pirate" cart in the link, and we get our inks exclusively from an authorized Roland dealer. If this was from Roland North America I might be concerned, BUT........

Here is a pic direct from Roland North America site.....

Mark
attachment.php

Attachments

• max.jpg
    max.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 162

PRS Bryan

Somethings not right here... ALL of my carts look like the"pirate" cart in the link, and we get our inks exclusively from an authorized Roland dealer. If this was from Roland North America I might be concerned, BUT........

Here is a pic direct from Roland North America site.....

Mark
attachment.php

I also have bought all my ink from an authorized Roland dealer. In the past few months I have begun to see the "boxed color code". All of my previous 440 cartridges from the past three years have the "unboxed color code". I always assumed it was a minor packaging change. I also find it hard to believe that the Roland website shows images of pirated cartridges. I am not sure exactly what the story is, but something doesn't add up.

attachment.php

Attachments

• skeptical_hippo.jpg
    skeptical_hippo.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 165

TimToad

If you bought Skippy peanut butter and the logo had some minor change done to it, would you also assume it isn't real?

I'm not sure what makes you so sure we all have been buying pirated carts, but I'm quite satisfied that my supplier is selling the real McCoy.

niksagkram

Just a thought... if Roland Africa is indeed having a problem with "pirated" inks, maybe the warning they have posted has the picture of the carts labeled wrong, they should be reversed?

Mark

CrAkD

where is a reputable place to get a good deal on a 440 yellow? My guy is out of yellow and I don't want to spend $140

premiercolour

Merchant Member

CrAkD

We have aftermarket Bordeaux Eco Solvent Ink for Roland printers. No flush needed, no color shift, use with other Eco Sol Max Ink cartridge. Save over $60.00 per cartridge. Savings for four cartridges = $240.00.

$74.00 each.
http://www.premiercolour.com/replacement-ink-for-roland-eco-sol-max-440-ml-from-bordeaux/

Customer Service

I don't want to start a war I know how some people here are but I don't print a ton a set of 440s last me awhile and I have always heard if that was the case I should't mess with aftermarket ink. Ive used aftermarket in other non solvent machines with no issues but I don't know too much about this machine yet so I just want it to work when I need it so I'm scared to take the plunge.

player

I don't want to start a war I know how some people here are but I don't print a ton a set of 440s last me awhile and I have always heard if that was the case I should't mess with aftermarket ink. Ive used aftermarket in other non solvent machines with no issues but I don't know too much about this machine yet so I just want it to work when I need it so I'm scared to take the plunge.

You're probably smart to stick to OEM ink. Why risk $1000's in heads, parts and repair costs and down time for $20-$40?

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Don't worry. It is just one of the options out there for you. Several Roland vendors are offering $110-120 on this forum. You should be able to find a better deal than $140. We've seen customers who have 50 machines using after market ink and seen 40 HP machines using only original ink. It is your machine. You should choose the best, most comfortable ink for your operation. If you are not using two sets per month, stay with original cartridge. This is what we always recommend to customer.

Cheers, :thumb:

Customer Service

player

Don't worry. It is just one of the options out there for you. Several Roland vendors are offering $110-120 on this forum. You should be able to find a better deal than $140. We've seen customers who have 50 machines using after market ink and seen 40 HP machines using only original ink. It is your machine. You should choose the best, most comfortable ink for your operation. If you are not using two sets per month, stay with original cartridge. This is what we always recommend to customer.

Cheers, :thumb:

Customer Service

Thank you for posting that bit of honesty.

Why don't you guys or your ink partners pay to have the OEM ink spectrograph'd or whatever to actually show the true breakdown of the ink, compared to your inks? Then there would be no question about the 3rd party inks ruining machines if it is made identical to Roland.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
I think that the South African site is a bit misleading... here is the same article on the Roland Australia site which points out that the determination is done by omission of "Roland DG Corporation" and not on the other label variances:

http://rolanddg.com.au/announcements/counterfeit-inks-in-the-marketplace

We've got about 20 carts here, and it's about 50/50 split between the two label designs, but they ALL have "Roland DG Corporation" in the correct placement as shown in the article.

adrock

I think that the South African site is a bit misleading... here is the same article on the Roland Australia site which points out that the determination is done by omission of "Roland DG Corporation" and not on the other label variances:

http://rolanddg.com.au/announcements/counterfeit-inks-in-the-marketplace

We've got about 20 carts here, and it's about 50/50 split between the two label designs, but they ALL have "Roland DG Corporation" in the correct placement as shown in the article.

Agreed, looks like the South African site could be more clear, I've got 15 sitting here that all came from a Roland dealer. All of them have the box around the colour, but also the logo in the correct location.