• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Eco-Sol MAX Ink

CrAkD

alright so whats the consensus the ink cartridges with the for china are legit and the the ones without are counterfeit now? I may just say screw it and use them all since no one really knows whats going on. both orders came from within the US none came from Australia or Canada.

strypguy

Right now Denver Sign Supply will sell you an eco-sol max 440ml for $113.95 and the 220Ml are $62.95. Eco-sol max2 a couple bucks cheaper. If they can sell It at that price point surely someone "connected" should be able to beat that price? John

phototec

Right now Denver Sign Supply will sell you an eco-sol max 440ml for $113.95 and the 220Ml are $62.95. Eco-sol max2 a couple bucks cheaper. If they can sell It at that price point surely someone "connected" should be able to beat that price? John

That is my point EXACTLY, the prices very all over the place - so how can Denver Sign Supply sell them for $113.95 and make a profit, yet the others say "I can't sell for less that $116"?

Someone should get on here and offer Signs101 members a package deal, purchase at least a set of 4 or 6 (depending on printer) for a good flat rate price and FREE shipping. That would start the NEW year off right! Think you would get a lot of orders...

Just saying...

phototec

If the inks are counterfeit I am sure they could print "made in Japan" stickers...

NO - The Chinese want to distinguish between the real and the fake carts, so they don't use the fakes themselves, they want to dump the fakes in the US and Canada...not China (for export ONLY).

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
That is my point EXACTLY, the prices very all over the place - so how can Denver Sign Supply sell them for $113.95 and make a profit, yet the others say "I can't sell for less that $116"?

Someone should get on here and offer Signs101 members a package deal, purchase at least a set of 4 or 6 (depending on printer) for a good flat rate price and FREE shipping. That would start the NEW year off right! Think you would get a lot of orders...

Just saying...
So you're saying a vendor should take a $2 loss on each ink order so they can gain MANY new clients?

:thumb:

CrAkD

On your magenta it doesnt have a square around the letters MG. That just means you got the old cartridge. All the new ones have the square around. So I have been told anyhow.

Yeah I saw a bunch on eBay both ways I was assuming one style was just older so thanks for the info! looks like my $90 per ink cartridge looks pretty good as they appear to be authentic.

phototec

So you're saying a vendor should take a $2 loss on each ink order so they can gain MANY new clients?

NO, I didn't saying anything about LOSS, that's your wording!

There are two prices for almost everything, the wholesale price of the ink from the manufacture to a dealer and the suggested retail price of the ink at $128.99 for a 440ml cartridge, that the manufacture suggest the dealer sell for.

Some dealers choose to sell these 440ml cartridges for $109 each, hoping to sell more carts to make their money, some others sell the ink for the suggested list price of $128.99. This is America I can choose to purchase the same Roland ink from whoever gives me the best deal.

Just like I have choices to purchase my gasoline from different sources, here in central Texas Wal-Mart beats almost every other gas supplier, so I choose to purchase my fuel from Wal-Mart, so are they selling gas at a loss? I don't think so, their business model is to sell in greater volume, so selling more fuel then others in my area and making more profit than the others selling fuel for more money per gallon.

If you don't care about shopping for a lower price, that's fine you can pay the list price of $128.99 for 440ml cartridge, and will you're at it, go ahead and add a shipping cost on top of that!

I don't (will not) pay list price for my inks, because there are other options to pay less, it's called shopping around.

Schickworks

NO, I didn't saying anything about LOSS, that's your wording!

There are two prices for almost everything, the wholesale price of the ink from the manufacture to a dealer and the suggested retail price of the ink at $128.99 for a 440ml cartridge, that the manufacture suggest the dealer sell for.

Some dealers choose to sell these 440ml cartridges for $109 each, hoping to sell more carts to make their money, some others sell the ink for the suggested list price of $128.99. This is America I can choose to purchase the same Roland ink from whoever gives me the best deal.

Just like I have choices to purchase my gasoline from different sources, here in central Texas Wal-Mart beats almost every other gas supplier, so I choose to purchase my fuel from Wal-Mart, so are they selling gas at a loss? I don't think so, their business model is to sell in greater volume, so selling more fuel then others in my area and making more profit than the others selling fuel for more money per gallon.

If you don't care about shopping for a lower price, that's fine you can pay the list price of $128.99 for 440ml cartridge, and will you're at it, go ahead and add a shipping cost on top of that!

I don't (will not) pay list price for my inks, because there are other options to pay less, it's called shopping around.

but you are happy to have your customers shop you around on everything you do? Probably not I think. So why expect some places to lowball pricing? I've had sign shops in my town offer low ball pricing. it makes things miserable for everyone.

phototec

but you are happy to have your customers shop you around on everything you do? Probably not I think. So why expect some places to lowball pricing? I've had sign shops in my town offer low ball pricing. it makes things miserable for everyone.

Has nothing to do with me being HAPPY, people shop around if you like it or NOT, that is something you can't control....

The point is there are two vendors near me selling 440's for $109, not $128.99, so I choose to use these vendors that offer a discount.

So the two vendors selling the ink for a low ball price are making it miserable for everyone (your analogy), that's crazy talk, this is what Capitalism is all about, you know supply and demand, this is NOT communism where the government controls the price.

I get calls everyday from people shopping prices on signs and graphics, I give them the price I wish to sell my work for, some come in for the work, others I never hear from again.

Yea, Wal-Mart hurt all the little mom & pop stores and they were miserable, but that's life, you think you are going to stop Wal-Mart from selling everything for less? You better think again because you can't stop them, and when the Sign-Mart comes to town and wants to sell ink carts for a discount, I'm ready to purchase from them.

Do you want to live in communism where the government controls the price of everything...get real!

Everybody shops prices, I don't purchase blindly, only fools do that.

Cheers!

player

There is a difference between fuel and custom signs. The difference is called "commodity". Fuel is a commodity.

We have seen some sign product become commodified, like flat bed printed corroplast signs. But many other signs are still custom products, and the low ball shoppers get what they pay for. Sometimes they get a lot less than they paid for.

Schickworks

There is a difference between fuel and custom signs. The difference is called "commodity". Fuel is a commodity.

We have seen some sign product become commodified, like flat bed printed corroplast signs. But many other signs are still custom products, and the low ball shoppers get what they pay for. Sometimes they get a lot less than they paid for.

Maybe. I see what your saying but if people keep grinding down the price and therefore profits, something has to suffer. Usually service. Then people complain about that. to me its a no win situation.

Schickworks

Has nothing to do with me being HAPPY, people shop around if you like it or NOT, that is something you can't control....

The point is there are two vendors near me selling 440's for $109, not $128.99, so I choose to use these vendors that offer a discount.

So the two vendors selling the ink for a low ball price are making it miserable for everyone (your analogy), that's crazy talk, this is what Capitalism is all about, you know supply and demand, this is NOT communism where the government controls the price.

I get calls everyday from people shopping prices on signs and graphics, I give them the price I wish to sell my work for, some come in for the work, others I never hear from again.

Yea, Wal-Mart hurt all the little mom & pop stores and they were miserable, but that's life, you think you are going to stop Wal-Mart from selling everything for less? You better think again because you can't stop them, and when the Sign-Mart comes to town and wants to sell ink carts for a discount, I'm ready to purchase from them.

Do you want to live in communism where the government controls the price of everything...get real!

Everybody shops prices, I don't purchase blindly, only fools do that.

Cheers!

Me no likey communists....

petepaz

we get ours from tyrrell tech and nazdar.

tyrrell offers quantity discounts call for pricing.

nazdar gives us free shipping over $500.

nazdar just recently gave me pricing for their own inks for the roland machines. 440ml @ $71 each plus they offer a warranty if they cause any damage to your machine, full replacement of parts.
normally i stick strictly with the oem inks but we have been getting ink from nazdar for over 30years for silk screening. ink is what they do, that is their specialty.
they say they are plug and play no need to flush the lines, no color issues mixing with existing roland inks.
next time i order i am going to give them a try.

niksagkram

We have 3 Roland printers. An older SC540, which we use Nazdar inks in, with not one single problem after 2½ years of use. We also have an XC540 and a VS540, which we strictly use OEM inks in, more for warranty purposes than quality reasons.

rjssigns

We have 3 Roland printers. An older SC540, which we use Nazdar inks in, with not one single problem after 2½ years of use. We also have an XC540 and a VS540, which we strictly use OEM inks in, more for warranty purposes than quality reasons.

How many carts do you run through a printer in a month? I think this is key to running 3rd party ink. Seems the only people that have any success are the ones that go through dozens of carts a month. We don't.

Have you had any issues with waste lines clogging? That's what happened to me. Then it started backing up through the system and clogging heads.

Same guy that sold me the printer sold me the 3rd party ink. After the printer completely stopped he said: "Didn't you know you're supposed to clean or replace those lines every six months". Gee, thanks for telling me after the fact. (d!ck move)

That is the least of what happened. Best part is after the printer crashed the second time he wouldn't return my calls or send a tech. I was calm, cordial and used no foul language. I needed to get jobs out and was simply asking for help.

In my mind there are a bunch of issues that need to be addressed:

Does anyone using 3rd party ink track consumption? I did. It went through 3rd party carts like there was no tomorrow. Savings? Negligible.

What about overspray? My printer was caked with it. So bad that it coated the encoder strip. Carts were dirt cheap but loaded with VOC's.(see above)

Clogged dampers? Went through them like they only cost a dollar.

One thing I can't complain about was the color was just like OEM.

As far as "warranty" I posted a short time ago regarding this. In a nutshell they're your best buddy when they're getting your money. Have a problem they don't know you.

They pay attorney's to make sure they have little to no liability exposure. What chance does a sign shop guy have against that?

LeeTringes

I just wanted to say that as a consumer, I am a shopper. I would rarely pay someone a higher price to get a perfectly equivalent item. However, I have learned that even if you are buying the exact same product from someone you don't always get the same thing. You are buying more than just the product, there is service, support, education etc. Some people see value in those intangibles, some don't. It depends on the situation and the product I guess. I recently bought some new appliances and saved a ton over what anyone locally could sell them for and now I am regretting the decision because I am having issues with them....

With that said, any dealer out there would agree that the profit on OEM ink is minimal at best. It's hard to justify practically giving it away unless you are getting a lot of repeat business with other products like vinyl and banner materials.

I would like to offer anyone who is interested a limited time, forum only ink special. I will offer anyone who is willing to purchase at least (4) 440 carts of Roland OEM Eco Sol Max ink in one order - the price of $109 each with Free Ground Shipping from our California warehouse. That is $109 per cart if you buy 4 at a time and free ground shipping. I will offer this at least until 2/23/15 and hopefully beyond to encourage everyone to trust Imprintables and let us earn your business.

Contact me if you have any questions or would like to take advantage of this offer. Thanks for listening!