• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland revolutionary new wide-format inkjet printer?

cdiesel

You just heard but was asked not to say anything but you post somethin hmmmmm... Maybe your source is bogus and it really isn't that big. When the big dogs bark you and all of us will listen and guaranteed that whatever it might be its been done before maybe we just will see a better version of a already known technology that another company couldnt get right...... Or has that happened before? Hey Chris you arent very exciting. To be continued.....

Yes, I posted something, with NO information in it. Like I was asked. I trust my source, and honestly don't care what you think.

Chris, One more thing that made me think. Why would anyone want a 30in. hybrid? Or lets ask you this why would anyone want a 54in. hybrid that doesnt have curing capability, moreless a dozen sold in U.S. Is there a market for Bio ink? Does valuejet hold up to its name?? Better yet why "Value"? why not "Prizm"? Or maybe even "Parrot" you really gota be skimmin' off the bottom of that Barrel there.

I have no idea why anyone would want any of that, and again, don't understand half of what you're saying.

design unfolds

Roland has released Metallic Inkjet printer. I think that is the one they have been talking about.

The world's first large format metallic inkjet printer...

Another first from Roland - Open up a whole world of new opportunity, and set yourself apart from the competition in an increasingly competitive marketplace, with the world’s first mainstream large format inkjet printer to feature metallic inks.

Imagine: all the speed and versatility of a high-speed Roland production printer, including integrated Print&Cut, plus the added versatility and profit potential of metallic ink.

heyskull

I thought to make a true metalic it would have to have particles of alluminium and this has to block print heads!!!!
I hope roland have thought this through!
Because Roland and the like, use other peoples print heads and technology they will have to had develop a new print head and I don't know how they would do that with what is on the market.

SC

Artildawn

http://www.rolanddg.be/News & Events/News/?id=84

Maybe I'll have to change my XC540 from white to metallic to give it a go :)

for the Dutch impaired like myself heres a bablefish translation:
Worldwide early product for Roland DG: silver metallic ink
Oevel, 03 September 2009

Roland DG present ink as first worldwide silver metallic. This new colour in ECO-SOL MAX-inkt make, in combination with CMYK-inkten, the complete range special colour possibly, such as gold and all kinds of metallic colour.

With the introduction of silver ink the possibility gives its users to Roland DG of anticipating on the growing recent development to use special colours. Innovative ink is for stickers, indications, window-decorative ideal, labels, packing prototypes and more.

Roland DG the silver metallic will introduce ink in the first place on XC-540 the printer/snijplotter. This solution will be presented on Viscom in Düsseldorf. YOU find Roland DG in hall 8B (score G30).

Characteristics of new silver ink (ES3-MT)
-New colour in ECO-SOL MAX-ink
-High density and splendid impact on vinyl, PET-film, canvas, paper, transparent film and bannermateriaal
-Ideal for stickers, indications, window-decorative, labels, packing prototypes, headstock postings, posters, banners and more
-Available in cassettes of 220cc

jasonx

The new printer(s) feature a recycling pump so you won't have to "refresh" the metallic or white cartridges.

I wonder if I can get it fitted to my current machine. The ink renewals can be a pain sometimes. The flush renewal is ok every two weeks.

I wish they would fix two things.

If this pump removes the need to hit enter on the menu for the ink renewal that would be awesome. If I am doing a long print run the ink renewal can come up during my job basically in effect pausing it.

Sometimes my white machines runs for like 24 hours straight which can be a pain in my rear end. Hopefully this pump and a firmware upgrade fixes that.

Also on the full ink renewal where you use the flushing cartridges it would be good if you didn't need to remove and insert the cleaning cartridges so many times. It's my only bicep workout for the moment :p

design unfolds

So they have not released new printer model, just new ink for XC-540? am i right? Is that means all new and old XC-540 can use this ink?

Th ink only comes in 220ml, it should be very expensive i guess.

jasonx

So they have not released new printer model, just new ink for XC-540? am i right? Is that means all new and old XC-540 can use this ink?

Th ink only comes in 220ml, it should be very expensive i guess.

My white ink cartridges come in 220ml but there are four of them. You loose your Light Cyan and Light Magenta and have four 220ml carts in.

The white carts are just a tad cheaper then normal colour 440ml carts. So its nearly double the price.

Fireguy

I just was at the PRINT09 show in Chicago and the Roland rep told me the new XC-540 MT is coming out at the SGIA show in oct in New Orleans. MT is for Metallic inks and where the current machine has a silver cover the new one will have a red dust cover. It will print cmyk and white and metallic. the metallic mixes with the rest of the inkset so you can virtually make any color metallic. they also have imporved the white ink handling in that the ink will not gel or harden in the lines anymore.. same with the metallic.. they will constantly pump or cycle the inks from the cartdige and through the lines and back again.. recirculating to be exact.. any how it should also come standard with the extra heaters that were optional before and go for about 29K. they also showed the doming effect from the UV printers.. That looks neat..

Thanks and stay busy!!!