• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland revolutionary new wide-format inkjet printer?

zmatalucci

the machine will produce its own media. ie: instead of loading heavy rolls onto the machine, you simply input 13oz banner into the rip,, and it creates the banner-and prints onto it. same for vinyl etc. The only downside is, is that canvas and specialty materials will require special plugins for a considerable amount of money.

:) sounded good

kev3232

mike paul is right, i heard about metallic ink from our roland guy the other day.
and a big uv flatbed

mac_man_luke

Roland released a new SP range in australia (they have not been selling the SP range for over a year now)

Looks like a VP just artificially slowed down

Also looks like a new version of the LEC and new aqueous inks (dunno why you would want them, id buy an epson if i want aqueous)

design unfolds

i didn't know the VP540i accepts Aqueous Ink. It is new thing for roland? I think the only different between SP and VP are print speed, but they try not to talk about it on the pdf file.

Robert M

Check this out from the folks at Flaar reports

September 11-16 Print '09 (GRAPH EXPO) trade show, Chicago. A presentation by Nicholas Hellmuth about trends in UV-curable, solvent and textile printers and especially, what new wide-format flatbed printer technologies will be available in 2010-2012 (that will replace everything you know today....).

cdiesel

Well, I just heard what it was..
Was asked not to say so I won't, but don't worry--it's nothing to be excited about.

You just heard but was asked not to say anything but you post somethin hmmmmm... Maybe your source is bogus and it really isn't that big. When the big dogs bark you and all of us will listen and guaranteed that whatever it might be its been done before maybe we just will see a better version of a already known technology that another company couldnt get right...... Or has that happened before? Hey Chris you arent very exciting. To be continued.....

Chris, One more thing that made me think. Why would anyone want a 30in. hybrid? Or lets ask you this why would anyone want a 54in. hybrid that doesnt have curing capability, moreless a dozen sold in U.S. Is there a market for Bio ink? Does valuejet hold up to its name?? Better yet why "Value"? why not "Prizm"? Or maybe even "Parrot" you really gota be skimmin' off the bottom of that Barrel there.

design unfolds

Hi cdisel, Will that affect VP540i price in near future? I do not want to buy a new printer now and the price will drop 30% in months.

You can bet on that anyways how will your printer substain a good resale value if you lease it and then put it through 2 years of production by the time its outa warranty it wont be worth but 68-77% of the original paying price now if theres a new technology that is going to take over solvent printing yours will be worth under half of what you paid for it, but guess what theres no new versacamm coming out, no revolutionary type of printing technology.