• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sandy

J

john1

Why would you discount signs just because some extra wind and rain happened? That doesn't make any sense.

Selling on a demand like generators when storms come to me isn't a bad person, It's someone who has what you NEED and someone who is a businessman none the less. You think home depot and lowes is giving away generators just because this storm is coming? No, They are making money and more of it because they have what's in demand.

I hope everyone makes it out safe...The nasty parts on it's way to my area.

Marlene

I should let it die, and I'm not hoping for the worst...Hell I'm not even in the area ..but are you guys going to be donating signs at cost for those who lost em? Sure you won't mark them up..at least I hope not, but you are going to sell them and there is going to be a demand. So I don't see where my post could be construed as profiteering

you are coming across as a real d!ck. yes, people will make some money when those who are hit lose their homes, companies and lives. to bring it up while we, in the path, wait to see what is going to happen to us is pretty harsh and cold hearted. call me pious if you want but I am not alone in my hopes that those in the path come out of this OK.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
There's a definite difference between preparing for the worst vs. looking at someone's misfortune as a monetary gain. After the whole thing is over and you begin picking up the pieces, it's a necessity, but beforehand it's cruel.

Only a ninny would not know there will be a lot of fixing up to do..... and yes, signs will be a part of that, but planning and counting on it is sick.... or at least to put it into writing.

Wait for it to pass, count your blessings you're still alive and then start putting your life back together without knowing people were counting on you to suffer so they could pounce on you.

round man

+1 what Gino said,...
Having served "hurricaine duty" several times in the past 40 yrs for a very large multistate outdoor advertising firm I can assure you the work from storm damage will not be a boon to business,...often as not it is somewhat like going into a war zone after a nasty battle ,mother nature doesn't discriminate damage will be widespread..structures end up damaged and repair work becomes twice as hazardous as normal,..thus costing more,...materials become scarce due to people and suppliers buying up stock and shipping difficulties. insurance companies will be inundated with claims and strapped for cash as will be clients so don't expect fast payment,.....the list gets alot longer so I won't bore you with details,... but assure you it ain't no real "boon" to business,,,,

sar bossier

I hope and pray that all of you that are/will be impacted are safe, warm, and your businesses and homes sustain no irreversible damage. My thoughts and prayers are with all of the affected people.

From experience, hurricanes SUCK!!!!

Marlene

I heading home as I have a 50 mile drive and if the winds get bad, that's a lot of road to travel over. we may have to close on Tuesday if there is no power or building to come to. best of luck to all, lets hope we all have good news stories to tell once this is over.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do wish you luck marlene and hope your business and home are ok...but I don't think my and others well wishes will account for much when its all said and done.

Kottwitz-Graphics

+1 what Gino said,...
Having served "hurricaine duty" several times in the past 40 yrs for a very large multistate outdoor advertising firm

Been there, done that, and hated every minute of it. I remember riding into New Orleans and the roads were clear going in, but on the other side of the road, it was packed with people trying to get out.

Suz

Me too...

Thinking of all of you who are in the eye of the storm/hurricane, whatever the heck it is. Wishing good things and no catastrophes for you all!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, Jeremy and Candace just got back from lunch and said the wind is definitely kicking up..... besides the onslaught of rain.

And the storm hasn't even reached land yet.... this is just the calm-before-the-storm......... :doh:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You talkin' about tickets to sit at a front window and watch the storm ??

You're a sick f*ckin' pup, but that's funny. :Big Laugh​

Heck, I'll just video it and sell it on utube along side the news station tapes.......