• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sandy

Border

Here's the short version of what I think he meant to say:

"um, dude...I don't think electric companies bill you for anything if your meter isn't spinning (aka: power outage)."

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Does everything F'n thread i post in have to have a novel book reply Gino?

I was simply saying those who are out of electricity and all for weeks upon weeks should be given a break since Sandy. I am not saying that's the only issue those people may be having. Geez, Try to make a simple point and be nice and this is what it turns into.

Not sure about where you live but everything adds up at the end of the month here. $400 bill here, $150 bill there adds up.

You're right about that, for a change.

Get something straight there buster..... you're dead frickin' wrong and you want to re-write it and it still is stoopid reasoning. Just writing something over again doesn't make it any unstoopidier.

You're gonna sit there with all of your infinite wisdom and say something that you didn't use or didn't pay for in the first place..... you shouldn't have to pay for it and should be reimbursed ?? What the heck does that mean ??

Trying to make a simple point by just talking stoopid doesn't wipe out the simple fact, it's still stoopid.

Doesn't matter where I live...... nowhere does anyone, including you, pay for things you don't receive, unless you're talking about being simple about paying for things which you didn't receive in the first place.

Novel book ?? Start making some good posts or threads with some core substance in them and maybe we could cut the drama by tenfold. Bills add up..... who doesn't know that ?? Then you want to cheat someone out of paying them for something you took ?? Give me a break. When you begin making sense, I'll stop the frickin' essays.

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
It is now almost impossible to get gas. Most stations are out and the ones that do have gas have a 2 to 3 mile long line. I am hoping that this is a local thing because I have to drive to Michigan to visit the girlfriends family.

Signsforwhile

It is now almost impossible to get gas. Most stations are out and the ones that do have gas have a 2 to 3 mile long line. I am hoping that this is a local thing because I have to drive to Michigan to visit the girlfriends family.

hey chris.

up here in westchester, ny we're having gas problems as well but doesnt sound as bad as NJ. i only waited 15-20 minutes last night to fill up gas cans for our generator. stations have gas one minute and then dont. seems like the big problem is that the coastal distribution centers for gas are out of power.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Around here the cost of regular is around $3.50 to $3.55. It seems to be plentiful, seeing how every station is advertising these low prices. I heard on the radio this is due mostly to no one using it around here lately.

petepaz

i am on the border of jersey and pa. alpha, nj not too bad trees down some houses damaged. lost power from 10:30 monday night till 2:30 wed afternoon. no damage and i have a generator so no real problems at home (really made out good compared to a lot of people). office is in garfield and we had no power from monday night till friday morning. came back in today. getting gas in jersey isn't a good situation but i have been going in to pa, not too bad

CS-SignSupply-TT

My youngest daughter lives in herald towers on 34th street. She and her room mates left Sunday and went to a home southeast of Philly (about :30 minutes). They were well cared for. THANK YOU one and all. They return to NYC this evening. Have a safe weekend.

thewvsignguy

Just trying to keep this one going. Attached are a few pictures of the 26" of HEAVY wet snow we got. Heck On Monday night from 11-12pm we had thunder and lighting snow!

We lost power on Monday evening (29th) at 7:20 pm and the power was not restored until 121 hours later. 5 days and 1 hour with one shower, yea it sucked and it looks like another storm on the way later this week. Internet at the house was restored tonight (Sunday 11-4) evening.

Wednesday we drove a 6 hour round trip to get a generator to keep the freezer and fridge going. Now I need to hook up a transfer switch so we can use the generator to heat and supply water.

I know people 75 miles to our south that are on day 6 with no power, It really sucks being without electric and no other way to heat your home.

That little storm made me realize that I need to do more to take care of myself and my family. I want to be comfortable a crisis like this happens again and it will.

Attachments

• 20121101_125100_resized_1.jpg
    20121101_125100_resized_1.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 60
  • 20121030_165257_resized_1.jpg
    20121030_165257_resized_1.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 20121030_091802_resized_2.jpg
    20121030_091802_resized_2.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 68

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Still no power here. Monday 5 pm. At the mercy of the wonderful JCP&L.
Wonder how my print heads are after not firing for a week... :cool:

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
We're In Linden here....close to some badly flooded areas. Power substations got flooded and we were personally without power for 4 days. Some areas of town still down with no power....going on a week for them.
Luckily, all of our families are OK. Homes are good and the biz didnt loose a roof or anything else. Phone and internet are up and running.
My boat...thats the least of my worries and putting in perspective.....I didnt have to go searching swamps or marshes for it. Was still attached to the trailer though flipped upside down.
I sincerely hope that everyone here on Signs 101 is ok and families are safe and sound.

mtrider

living in a combat zone!!

Hey all,
well we are on the south shore of nassau county, long island... this is the first i've been able to get on a computer in a week..... i have witnessed first hand the level of devastation i have only seen on tv (katrina)...

the town i live in is just north of the barrier island Long Beach.... my previous home town... the island is almost unrecognizable... i saw a 20' tall wall of sand the other day!! on a major roadway....

my shop had 5' of salt water and sewage in it at the height of the storm...., but fortunately we moved all the equipment to higher ground.. lost some materials, computers, a couple pieces of substrate, and minor tools.... i was able to back everything up and get all of the hard drives out of the shop beforehand...
we live in a area that has a sewage treatment plant really close, and they lost (or shut down) power before the major flooding started and it was backing up for at least a 1/2 mile away from the plant....

i'm also a volunteer firefighter in my town... at the height of the storm , we were listening to all the calls on the radios for help, and the small zodiacs that my dept has were useless in the wind...so we grabbed one of our personal boston whalers and i went out with four other members, and all in all we got 5 people out of their houses... one being a pregnant women in labor that was in a national guard truck that was stuck in mud!! all in total we were in the boat for about 4 hours....

get back to the firehouse and see 7 texts from my sister inlaw saying that my inlaws house was taking on water and the foundation was compromised... and that is where my wife and kids were staying... so we jumped in the truck and raced there, only able to get within 200 yards of the house... me and one of the younger guys swam to the house and carried my kids and the rest of the family to the national guard truck that we dispatched to the house.... thats when i really s#$t my pants.... having to rescue your own family is very heart wrenching ....

sorry for the novel, but its been a very long and tiring week, and i always love to come on here and usually lurk, but i needed to blow off a little tonight.... thankfully my family is all ok, we'll be without power probably another week, but one thing is for sure, my kids are learning some basic survival skills...

thanks for listening, and i will try to keep a update going as i have sporadic internet service where we are staying