• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

News Save $ on JetBest Ink

damonCA21

Pair of new DX4 heads : $1000 plus hoses, dampers, ink pump, wipers etc... $1500 ish. If you can't fit them yourself add an extra $1000 at least to this, plus business lost while your machine is down....
Definitely worth saving $30 on an ink cartridge from an unknown source rather than paying a little more and knowing you are getting the genuine article you have used before and know works....

spb

✨鞄➕
It'll probably be fine but I could never bring myself to take the risk - I've been buying JetBest from Premier Colour for over a year and never had any issues with it, it's always been super solid. A set of six inks (CMYKLcLm) from Premier is $180. it just seems like way too big of a risk for ~$100 in savings. I've read on here that other third party inks will clog up your printhead. It's absolutely possible that AliExpress seller is buying JetBest labels and bottles and filling them with whatever.

People buy labels all the time and make counterfeit products. The most obvious example I can think of lately is a very particular brand of candy that you can buy holographic labels/boxes for on Amazon.

Last edited:

Novadon

LEF2-200
Pair of new DX4 heads : $1000 plus hoses, dampers, ink pump, wipers etc... $1500 ish. If you can't fit them yourself add an extra $1000 at least to this, plus business lost while your machine is down....
Definitely worth saving $30 on an ink cartridge from an unknown source rather than paying a little more and knowing you are getting the genuine article you have used before and know works....
Are you sure that is what you meant to say? I thought just the opposite based on your stance of promoting OE ink usage.
Or did I somehow miss the point here. :rolleyes:

damonCA21

Are you sure that is what you meant to say? I thought just the opposite based on your stance of promoting OE ink usage.
Or did I somehow miss the point here. :rolleyes:
It was sarcasm. I don't particularly promote OEM ink, I use Jetbest myself and have for years. I meant using real Jetbest bought from one of their distributors, rather than bought from a dubious chinese site notorious for selling fake goods

damonCA21

It'll probably be fine but I could never bring myself to take the risk - I've been buying JetBest from Premier Colour for over a year and never had any issues with it, it's always been super solid. A set of six inks (CMYKLcLm) from Premier is $180. it just seems like way too big of a risk for ~$100 in savings. I've read on here that other third party inks will clog up your printhead. It's absolutely possible that AliExpress seller is buying JetBest labels and bottles and filling them with whatever.

People buy labels all the time and make counterfeit products. The most obvious example I can think of lately is a very particular brand of candy that you can buy holographic labels/boxes for on Amazon.
And ali express is notorious for selling fake goods

Novadon

LEF2-200
Oh, okay. I saw "genuine article" thinking that only supported using the Roland brand.
I get it now, but I'll stick w/OE ink given the potential adverse side effects of other inks. ;)

CanuckSigns

I can pretty much guarantee the ink you got on Ali Express is not JetBest ink, China is very very good at counterfeit products, I purchased a few rolls of 3M 467MP adhesive off of Ali Express, when it arrived it looks identical to the genuine roll we have in stock, feels the same, however it's half the price. The only way I know it's fake is the small sticker on the inside core with a QR code that links to the AliExpress store I bought it from. Possibly it's the same stuff, I'm sure 3M makes the original stuff in China, and possibly the manufacturer they contract to make it is making more and selling it on the side. Tape is one thing, but ink that flows through an expensive printer that provides your livelihood is another.

spb

✨鞄➕
real talk though, are you going to update us once you're up and running with the mystery ink for a few months with the clog status?

autoexebat

real talk though, are you going to update us once you're up and running with the mystery ink for a few months with the clog status?
It's in the printer and working fine , I don't think I will report back .. These guys want to pay retail so let them . I tried to help some folks out so they could look into it , but they are just like those dirtbag Democrats ... As soon as you have something good to say , they are very quick to hoot it down and name you a POS ... so yeah .. fuck them .

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
ssrco,slim_fit_t_shirt,mens,101010:01c5ca27c6,front,square_product,600x600.jpg

autoexebat

You sound like one of those guys who make "FJB" your entire personality, i bet you're a hoot at parties.You sound like one of those guys who make "FJB" your entire personality, i bet you're a hoot at parties.
I will correct your grammar for you ( You sound like one of those guys who make "FJB" your entire personality, I bet you're a hoot at parties. You sound like one of those guys who make "FJB" your entire personality, I bet you're a hoot at parties.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Yes I do , Again I only came here try to give some folks a heads up so they could possibly save some money .

I see that got me nowhere . Ever since Fred Weiss sold this form it looks like there isn't a moderator or admins who really care ...
The reactions here are based on your actions. You claimed to have been suffering badly from a down turn in business and blame Biden. People here are warning you about counterfeit inks and the risk you're putting you expensive printer though. You got mad in a previous thread and lied about changing your website. People here will genuinely try to help you but you got embarrassed and deleted all your posts. That shows weakness and not seeing what you're doing wrong, why would anyone else want to help you? The Internet requires a thick skin... Grow up and learn from what people are saying.. we're also having fun here ripping on each other, so fix those panties that are so far up your crack bunched up that it's going to take an engineer to figure out how to undo it.

Last edited:

autoexebat

The reactions here are based on your actions. You claimed to have been suffering badly from a down turn in business and blame Biden. People here are warning you about counterfeit inks and the risk you're putting you expensive printer though. You got mad in a previous thread and lied about changing your website. People here will genuinely try to help you but you got embarrassed and deleted all your posts. That shows weakness and not seeing what you're doing wrong, why would anyone else want to help you? The Internet requires a thick skin... Grow up and learn from what people are saying.. we're also having fun here ripping on each other, so fix those panties that are so far up your crack bunched up that it's going to take an engineer to figure out how to undo it.

When did I ask you for help ? Can you show a recent post where I asked you for help ?

Last edited:

ikarasu

Buying directly from China is risky.

I buy ALOT from China - the same vendor can send you legit stuff, then knockoff the next shipment. I've had times where I had to throw out $1000 worth of product because it didn't meet the spec.

The problem with Chinese goods is their quality control - most heads, inks, other items you buy from China are usually the "b grade" stuff that doesn't meet their customers requirements.... So while
it isn't a knock off, and it's mostly the same ink.... It could be the mixture was slightly wrong, or dust got into it, or something else.

Would you guys buy oil from China and put it in your vehicle? Or goto the sketchy gas station that's selling gas for $1 less a gallon?

Not worth the risk, imo! I'll buy stuff from China that I can inspect and ensure meets my standards before it gets into a customer's hands, but you can't open up ink and check it out.

Google hp latex 260 heads - when hp stopped making them people bought them from China..... The heads would last a week, be completely dead, or last months... It was hit or miss. Wait until you get a bag of ink that's a miss and it costs a few thousand to fix your heads.. .. all your savings just went out the window.

autoexebat

Buying directly from China is risky.

I buy ALOT from China - the same vendor can send you legit stuff, then knockoff the next shipment. I've had times where I had to throw out $1000 worth of product because it didn't meet the spec.

The problem with Chinese goods is their quality control - most heads, inks, other items you buy from China are usually the "b grade" stuff that doesn't meet their customers requirements.... So while
it isn't a knock off, and it's mostly the same ink.... It could be the mixture was slightly wrong, or dust got into it, or something else.

Would you guys buy oil from China and put it in your vehicle? Or goto the sketchy gas station that's selling gas for $1 less a gallon?

Not worth the risk, imo! I'll buy stuff from China that I can inspect and ensure meets my standards before it gets into a customer's hands, but you can't open up ink and check it out.

Google hp latex 260 heads - when hp stopped making them people bought them from China..... The heads would last a week, be completely dead, or last months... It was hit or miss. Wait until you get a bag of ink that's a miss and it costs a few thousand to fix your heads.. .. all your savings just went out the window.

Myself , I don't have an issue taking the risk , If I can save , I'm going to at least try to save. If I fail , I buy a new print head and learn from my mistake.